“A Hilton this is not - heck it's not even a Holiday Inn!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

You added Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas to your Saves list
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street | PO Box C, Nassau 13049, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
A TripAdvisor Member
“A Hilton this is not - heck it's not even a Holiday Inn!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2005

Let's see where should I begin. First of all I felt like cattle being hearded into a pen during check in. We had to board a bus from the airport and wait for it to fill up - and then wait on this long line to check in - to find out our room wasn't even ready. They told us to check back later. They never told us about having to make dinner reservations or that the hotel had an orientation.
So anyway we finally get our room - and of course the key does not work. So we were up and down to the lobby 3 times before they gave us a key that worked.

Our room was okay - at least it was clean. During our stay in the Bahamas it was very windy so the sliding door to outside kept rattling all night long. One day after the maid cleaned our room she left no towels - so I saw her in the hallway and told her we didn't have any towels. She said they had ran out - and she would bring some later. By 6:30PM we still had no towels - after our 3 calls to the front desk we finally had our towels.
Let me just sum thisreview up by saying the music by the pool was very loud all day long - you could find some relieve from it by sitting at the beach - but then you were asked about 5 times a day if you wanted to buy jewlery or a cigar.
The food was pretty bad - we are from the tri-state area and we are use to pretty good food so we were not expecting to much. I would say the only thing that was good was the breakfast buffet or lunch at the grill. (how bad can you really screw that up)

They only up side to this resort was that the people who worked there were all pretty nice!!

• Stayed March 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,012)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2005

My boyrfriend and I and two other couples had a great time at Breezes. We went from 4/10 - 4/17. It was more of a relaxing trip for us then a party. Trip advisor really prepared me for what to expect so I will just list some of the pros and cons...

Pros 1. Room was extremely clean, maid service was great. 2. Garden of Eden and Pastafari are a nice break from the buffet but the buffet is fine as well (a buffet is a buffet) 3. Corona and Kalik (and unlimited wine). You can only drink so many "love bites or bahama mamas" 4. Make your own frozen drinks machine 5. Free catamaran, kayak and paddle boats. 6. Tub wouldn't drain but was fixed immediately and was fine the remainder of the trip. 7. Conch fritters, jerk chicken, nachos, hot dogs and hamburgers at the pool grill 8. Booze & Cruise - a must do! 8. Drinking Jenga 9. lots of indoor and outdoor entertainment 10. The picture guy 11. Piano Bar is cool but dark and people dont realize when they look in the so called "mirror" from the outside stairwell, that it is actually a window into the Piano Bar so they proceed to primp themselves and pick there teeth after exiting the buffet and it is quite entertaining 12. Staff in the buffet are very nice 13. No tipping (but see Con #1)

Cons 1. Seems as if most bartenders and front desk people move as slow as possible on purpose, as well as Pastafari waiters - my friend asked for a soda and the disgruntled response was "you have to give me a minute!"
2. Using same beach towels since 1985 (but i guess a towel is a towel...please see buffet statement above) 3. Beach chairs are as old as towels and therefore you can feel every bar in your back (but nothing a few mudslides wont fix) 4. Main pool is great but pool with chairs inside has an interesting film floating on top 5.Windam hotel (just becuase I lost alot of $$ in their casino) 6. The picture guy 7. No room service 8. Hurricane disco is fun the first time, then you go back and realize they play the same EXACT songs everytime 9. You can only cash $100 worth of travelers checks per room per day! - and half the time they didnt even have $$ to cash them! 10. The drinking water...tastes like soap! Stock up on bottles!

Yes you do have a towel card worth $50 if lost - so dont lose it
Yes you do have a safe key worth $50 - so dont lose it
No it is not a 5 Star hotel so dont expect that
If you need a drink you have to be alittle demanding
And request Don Juan to help you with your luggage

Your welcome to e-mail me with questions

Stayed April 2005
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2005

Well lets see. Checkin was a nitemare. We flew in on 4/8/ Friday, Raining very heavy too. Three people behind the counter for approximately 80 or so guests waiting to check-in. To make matters worse you had to come back and get in the same line to get your room key, as what happened in our case. They did not have it ready. This was the first mistake already... The rooms were ok but upgrades were definitely needed. This facility we were told opened in the 80's, and it looked it. Clean but old, I guess. We had a clogged bath tub in ours...

Another problem??? Spring breakers. This must have been the last week of them, and the hotel knew it. One night of major yelling and screaming on our 4th floor, 3:30 AM woke the entire floor up . The hotel was advised of it but basically shook it off. Some drunk and sloppy, with little class but thats why it's spring break I guess. We'll plan differently in the future..

The pools were nice, clean but not warm. the Jacuzzi was ok but not at night. They must turn it off to avoid guests using it in the evening hours.

Food was ok, your basic cafeteria style buffet type. Breakfast was the best meal of the day. The two restaurants, the Garden of Eden and Pastafaris were ok but if you did not make a reservation on any previous day you did not get seated. That made little sense since the nights we were there eating ample seating was still available.

The beach was simply beautiful as it should be. A few watersports but I was hoping for a few more than what was offered there. Jet ski's are expensive at $60 per 1/2 hr. I got the guy down to $50 but what a joke. Then He wants a tip too.!!!!! What a joke. Now, when your there you must meet LULU on the beach. She makes jewelry and does a nice job of it too. My Fiance' and I both bought some and she was a pleasure to talk with. Quite knowledgeable about the history and the islands too. I must say the staff was quite nice to us and I never had a problem getting anything we needed.

The $50 towel card thing was a joke. The towel was worth a dollar maybe?? But if you lost your card be prepared to pay the 50 bucks.Same with the room safe key. Lucky for us we did not lose either.. Overall I can honestly say we had a nice time there, since this was my first time out of the states.Would I go back?????? possibly with alot of reservations.. And finally The airline issue there??? It was easier leaving the USA than getting back here. They really need to lose the attitudes there with customs and the tourists in general. Big difference when you leave the resort.. Nice to be back home....

canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

The hotel property is good but the rooms were less than good. the place was certainly not what was advertised in the brochure (4 Star). The furniture was old and stained. The bathroom was dirty, the bed was saggy. The buffet food was good, the a la carte restaurant were less than good. The Staff was good which was a positive I could say.
It wasn't worth my money.

• Stayed March 2005
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2005

I will admit I was a little worried about going to Breezes after reading some of the reviews more for my Husbands reaction than mine if it was bad. After spending 4 days there I have one thing to say Where in the world were those with all the negative comments really staying. We had a WONDERFUL time we are both in our Early 50s but there were such a mix of ages there other than kids which was great. I will say check in was the only thing I can really say they need to improve on but then so many people are coming and going from the hotel maid service seems to have a hard time keeping up. But even check in wasnt horrible they give you wrist band and a changing room if you want to change into bathing suit. We just relaxed had a drink and something to eat and by 3:30 had a room we arrived at about 2 so wasnt bad.
We stayed in room 627, clean great view and all the negative bathroom comments certainly didnt happen in our room even water temp was HOT unlike the cold or luke warm issues some were commenting about.
Pool was wonderful and always plenty of places to sit we played volleyball a couple times and had a ball. The beach is where we spent alot of time the white sand was so nice and the water crystal clear. Every morning at about 6:30 I would go down and take a walk and have my coffee and was always impressed about how busy the staff was cleaning the pool and beach area even rakeing the sand so it was smooth and pretty for when early risers ventured out.
I cant say enough about the staff they are the best All Of Them reggie at pool bar KC and his camera ...he was a kick Darvin I called him rasta man and threatened to take him home with me. You will never pass a staff member that they dont smile and say hello. We went to the wyndam to casino one night and the difference in staff was amazing not one smiled not one said hello.
We also ate at both Eden and Pastafari and had no trouble gettting reservations booked both when we arrived didnt have to wait and do it in mornings for the night we wnated to attend them. I prefered Eden but only because I am not a real Pasta Fan and loved the Eden setting as well.

It was loud at night but by the time we went to bed we were so tired I never really heard it long lol.

We also went on Booze and Cruise had a blast snorkled and played on the beach on the way back we danced on board sang and had more than a few drinks would do that again as well.

I will absolutely go back to Breezes it was Great and again the staff is the best.

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2005

Just back from a last minute 4 night stay at Breezes. Apparently we just
caught the tail end of spring breakers, but had no complaints. The buildings, as expected were a little older, but kept very well. My biggest worry, after reading these boards was the location of our room. We took a chance and just booked a garden view room. What we received was a king room, in the taller tower on the second floor. We did not hear the band or our neighbours and had both a view of the garden AND the sea! (not the pool area) The room itself was quite adequete, very clean, with brand new carpeting and an updated bathroom. We had pleanty of towels, and hot water. It actually turned out to be a bonus, not having to wait for elevators and being able to zip down to the breakfast buffet each morning.
There were pleanty of activities to take part in or just soak up the sun. The food was quite vairied each day and quite good. The drinks were excellent , top shelf liquor and almost too strong!
The staff was excellent. We have stayed in 5 star resorts (actually just in Jan.) Never once did we feel someone was looking for a tip, yet the service we received in all areas was warm, sincere and very good. It was a pleasant surprise to receive all of the amenities printed in the travel brochure and experience such pleasant service. After visiting Atlantis, and the Wyndam just down the road, we felt as if we were in a real Carribean resort.
The price we paid was much less than brochure price, but the same or more than we could have paid for a full week in Cuba or the Dominican Republic. We feel that we certainly made the best choice and given similar circumstances and timing , will definetely return.

London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2005

After reading mixed reviews my husband and I went there with simple expectations. As long as there was sun, sand, fresh fruit, and decent meals we'd be happy. I'm the foodie and he's the drinker. I like to tuck in by 12:00 and he likes to stay out all night. I'm a landlubber and he's a fish. Needless to say, we BOTH were pleased, and we'd go back again.

Here's the highlights:

Buffet: Wow! Breakfasts are terrific. Very fresh food with wonderful bacon, eggs (any way you like 'em), smoked salmon, pastries, and the coffee is splendid. I'm not a coffee drinker, and I had 20 cups while we were there for 10 days!!! If you are finicky about what you eat there is a vast array to custom-make your "perfect" breakie. 5/5

Lunch: 3.5-4/5 Always a different menu of items. Again, something for everyone and there's always hearty fish, meat, and veggie dishes. Oh, and the soups at both lunch and dinner are delicious. I just wished it was open until 3:00pm rather than 2:30. There's Aqua Aerobics outside that you want to partake in around lunch time!

Dinner: 4/5 A changed theme every day. Surprisingly, they do a great job on Chinese food. Other evenings, it may be more of a BBQ with cobs, fresh grilled fish, steaks, and beans. The one dish they make that got everyone salivating was the grilled lamb chops. That got gobbled up in a hurry. There fish dishes are done in a variety of styles, and usually have grouper, conch (a bland-type of clam-type meat), catfish, and snapper. You WILL be pleased, and their veggie dishes and salad bar are supreme.

Home-cookin' made with love is how I would have to put it. It's not gourmet but you'll like the effort they put into their dishes.

The slight disappointment I had was that shellfish was scarce. Okay, one night there were oysters in the shell and prawns (overboiled) but for some reason they weren't tasty. The "crab" salad is the fake stuff which is called pollock by some.

Restaurants: 4/5 Pastafari/ 3/5 Garden of Eden (same menu)
Pick Pastafari and ALWAYS go for something that can be cooked fresh to your liking such as steak or the prime rib. Those dishes are fantastic. Some dishes such as pasta taste microwaved or have been under the heat lamp for a while so just beware.

Alcohol: 5/5 Non-stop, anything you want...what more can I say? Unfortunately, no bottled beer, all in a plastic cup for safety reasons. Coronas don't taste the same, but hey, you prolly won't say no to it!

Overall ambience: 4/5 Yep, Spring Break, so you'll see the rich kids out and about. When they leave, such bliss! There is NO pressure to participate in any games or activities. If you want to chill under a palm tree and read your book, that's perfectly fine. If you want to strike a conversation with your neighbour and play some pool volleyball that's cool too. Something for everyone. I must agree with previous reviewers and that if you want a quiet early evening ask the staff to give you a room AWAY from the main stage which you will hear until 12am.

Staff (hotel, cleaning, restaurant, entertainment, bar): Amazingly friendly, not one stroppy, disgruntled cow. Lovely to chat too.

Rooms: 3/5 Basic, comfortable, and functional. Don't expect flash. Kinda tacky decor but hey, this isn't the place to get all uppity!

If there was ONE tour to take which one would it be?
Nassau tours are expensive ranging from $50-$200. I would suggest taking the Powerboat day out to Exuma Island for $175. If you have a seasick tummy like me, you'll find that despite the speed and waves, you'll be alright. Just keep looking into the horizon. It's well worth going. The marvellous sugary white sand and turquoise water is breathtaking. You get to go snorkelling and feed iguanas if you want.

You'll be glad you went, and remember, just RELAX, and enjoy what Breezes has to offer.

• Stayed April 2005

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!