“incredible and relaxing time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

You added Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas to your Saves list
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street | PO Box C, Nassau 13049, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Illinois
“incredible and relaxing time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

I really enjoyed Breezes. The staff was extremely hospitable and very accomodating.
I particularly enjoyed the many activities that they offered on the property. The even entertainment is really great and you get a chance to meet other people during this time.
I would definitely recommend this hotel as a vacation spot -- especially if you are trying to be economical.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,012)
Newfoundland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

My friend and I went to Breezes April 4 - 11, 2009 and found that resort to be excellent and the staff were unbelieveable friendly and very helpful. Spring Breakers were there a little noisy but didn't bother me to much, too busy enjoying the place and Bahamas itself. I found the place to be very clean and and people that work there to be the best I ever come across in travelling. Alot of people can learn from the staff there on how to be friendly and kind. Thank you all for a great vacationa and I will be coming back to Breezes, from Bonnie and Suzanna

Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Wilmington, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

This was our 3rd trip to Breezes and each time it gets better and better! The room renovations are wonderful. The flat screen TV new bathrooms were very nice. As usual, the staff was amazing, they were always friendly, smiling and willing to help you with anything you needed. Entertainment......WOW!!! The food was great. The buffet had so many options and everything was delicious. We are already planning our next trip!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

My friend and I stayed at the Super Clubs Breezes in Nassau Bahamas for 4 nights in January 2009, for a girls get away.
We paid $800.00 tax included for 4 nights, which i thought to be a little pricey considering you can stay in Cuba, Mexico and elsewhere for 7 nights for the same price.
Anyways, when we got to the airport we were offered a cab ride for $35.00 to the breezes, we thought this would make check in a little quicker, and we would beat the crowd since it was 4 am after flight delays.
We had a single guy ask to share our cab, and we figured this would make it cheaper right? WRONG, we were charged $35.00 per person by the cab driver, what a scammer. Everywhere you go in the Bahamas is a flat rate of $35.00.
We arrived at the hotel and there were 2 people working the front desk trying to check in over 100 guests...so it was slow to say the least.
When we got into our (newly renovated) room we discovered an old dresser with broken drawers, bed linens that were stained and from the 70's and our TV was hanging crooked on the wall.
The bathroom was nice though. No balcony as advertised, just a sliding patio door with Bars over the opening.
The resort was VERY small, but the staff were friendly and helpful. The food sucked. It was edible but that is it. Every time we tried to make reservations for one of the restaurants we were told that it was full.
The buffet food was gross. I will say i was pleasantly surprised to find that the drinks were name brand. Maxwell house coffee, Tetley tea, and name brand booze. The pool was disgusting, noone swam in it the entire time we were there. There were people trying to push their hand made goods on you at the beach.
The location of the resort is good, as you can walk to the nicer resorts to make you feel like you aren't slumming it so badly.
We really did feel like we were slumming it.
The food at the pool bar was great, yummy greek salad served there.
The Bahamas brand beer tastes like Coors light........which is always nice.
Our departure was just as bad as our arrival, the hotel did not notify us of our flight delay so after rushing to the airport at 7 am to discover that our flight would not be leaving until 2 pm we were irritated to say the least.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone until they decide to truly update the place. I would suggest knocking it down and re-building from the ground up.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
St Helens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

Had a fab time at Breezes couldnt understand all the bad remarks I read before I went ,lovely Hotel Staff very good, Rooms very clean, we eat in the buffet The Pastafari & the Eden no complaints at all , we had kids on Springbreak a little noisy at times what can you expect with over 100 18 year olds, excellent location lovely weather, someone commented in an earlier report to many security personally I think that is good. Food something for everyone so much to choose from went with my husband sister & brother-in-law all cant wait to back.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

I just got back yesterday from 6 nights at the Breezes Bahamas, which was my fourth stay at this resort and was definitely impressed by many of the things being done correctly at this resort...

1) Location. Right dab-smack on the beach. Only a short 15-minute ride from the airport. The views can't be beat!

2) Value. For what you pay to stay here, I often have wondered how they stay in business. Remarkable value for what you pay.

3) Staff friendliness. These people work hard to make sure you have a good time. I've never had any staff members act rudely toward me in the four times I've visited this report. Always are helpful, courteous, and friendly.

4) Security - This place is very secure without feeling like you're locked down. This was the first visit where I saw someone who obviously did not belong there made it past the front entranceway and the front guard stopped him right in his tracks and was like, "Where are you going? You're not supposed tobe here. Where's your wristband?" Without that wristband, you stand out and WILL be questioned, so make sure to check-in first before heading to the pool. Security was a visible presence on the floors, around the pool, and at the front entrance, so nobody is getting away with anything at this place. We were even approached by an undercover security officer when I was in the jacuzzi, due to not being allowed to drink in the jacuzzi. Security is top-notch!

5) I've noticed consistent improvements in the physical maintenance if the building over the years, which tells me they care enough to keep putting money into keeping the facilities in top condition. For example: Years ago, they had these large black sliding glass doors that were terrible. They always came off the tracks, would bang and howl when it was windy, and sometimes rain came inside. Management has since installed all brand-new glass doors throughout the entire complex (from what I could see).

6) Fun -- The key to Breezes Bahamas is to have fun and they make sure that's what you have -- Fun fun fun!

Note: The only consistent problem which I have encountered in all four visits has been this: There never seems to be check-in by 3:00. I simply cannot recall actually checking in by 3:00. It is almost always around 3:45 when your room is ready. I have no idea why this is, but it is the truth. You try to check in, they say it will be another 15 minutes, and you have to check 3 times before your room is ready. So expect a 3:45 check-in and you'll be pleased if your room should happen to actually be ready at 3:00.

I recommend this for anyone over age 14 or who is not elderly. There is definitely a young hip vibe to this place, so people looking for a party will love Breezes Bahamas.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Orange Park, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

Just returned from Spring Break at Breezes. Very disappointing. We expected a lot more. We have been to many all inclusives in other countries and this had to be the worse ever. We chose this resort do to the activities. What a let down. We traveled with four families which included our five 18 year old boys. We took them for their Senior Trip.

Check in was a problem. Stood in a long line. Could not find one of the reservations. Then told us to come back at 3:00 to get our keys. We came back and the line was so long it took us forever to get the room key. Then they made us put down deposits on the rooms. Did not get pool towel cards so stood in another line to get those. Very poor service.

Our room was ocean front #478. Smelled like mold and sewer. Room was big but outdated. Drawers smelled like mold. Tile floors were dirty. Bathroom was nice. It looks like they started refurbishing the rooms but stopped after the bathroom. The balconies are a joke. We kept looking for a button to push to expand the balcony so you could use it. I am not a real demanding person but when you pay more to go to Nassau at Breezes all-inclusive than you pay to go to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico I expected a little nicer room and resort.

One vacationer told me to telll the maid to pour bleach down the drain so you could not smell the sewer. That is what they did....That worked. One family traveling with us asked for towels four times. They finally had to go down to the front desk.

We were told by other people that Spring Break is totally different than the normal everyday vacationing. I hope this is true because the hotel was such a let down. We hardly ever heard music at the pool. Activities were a let down. Food was terrible. Drinks tasted like salt water. Fountain drinks did not work. Water tasted like salt water. Had to buy water at gift shop.Then you would have to go to the gym to fill it back up or spend more money at their gift shop to get more water.

Our kids were always in trouble by the 900 security employees. They could not enter the lobby to get to their room because they were damp. Reason being there were no pool towels. They acted like they did not want the kids to even be there. That is sad since it was Spring Break and we chose this resort to take our kids to. They got in trouble for being to loud at the pool. If you did get a towel they had to be turned in by 6:00 or you would be fined $50.00.

We could only get one reservation for dinner . Went to Pastafina. Average food but waiter was great. Restaurant was clean. Buffet area was always dirty. Always same food day after day. Pool bar restaurant was good but long lines. We went to the Wyndham to eat because we were tired of the same food and how the buffet area was always dirty. Staff never came to your table to ask for refills on drinks. Over all restaurant buffet area was terrible.

Beach was great. They really did a good job keeping that clean. They buried the seaweed everyday and were always raking. They were hard workers. Plenty of chairs. Water was beautiful. Beach is the best part of this resort.

Night life was good. Band was great. Shows were short of entertainment. Bartenders were rude, especially the Bahama mamas. They even ran out of some of the drinks we asked for. Everything was watered down and tasted like salt.

One of the ladies we were with went downstairs to the lobby to get cash money and they tried to tell her that her signature was different then when she checked in. They did not want to give her cash. Very rude employees.

It almost seemed that this hotel did everything wrong to where you didn't want to ever come back. I will never go back to such rude people that did not care about hospitality and take my money to some place that would want you to be there. They must not need the money. Try Sandals I heard they want you there. Next time that is were we are going.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!