I stayed at Breezes Bahamas 8/29 thru 9/2. This trip was a birthday present for my husband, but I was very disappointed because I could have spent the money elsewhere. I chose this resort because I had stayed here back in March 2000. At that time, the resort was fairly new and I had a great time, so I had no reason to think otherwise. Boy did things change over the years!!!!
When we first arrived, we were greeted with delicious fruit punch drinks. So we felt that we were off to a good start. We asked the attendant at the front desk if there were any complimentary upgrades since we were celebrating a special occasion and he politely said no due to the hotel possibly being at full capacity within a few days. That never happened...the hotel was dead the whole time we were there with the exception of people buying day passes. We had an ocean view room, but you can see the ocean only if you stick our head out of the balcony and turn far enough to your right. We had a view of the massive construction going on for the new Bahamar resort opening soon. Some view :(
After being moved twice, we finally got a room. However, the rooms overall were terrible and nothing like I remembered. The rooms were damp the entire stay...and needless to say, very dated. It was very uncomfortable being in a damp room every night we were there. We were accommodated with a complimentary massage, which we ended up giving away to a couple we met, because we could not wait to leave!!!!
The resort has a buffet restaurant, beach grill and two other restaurants. The two restaurants that needed reservations were the better choices. The food was excellent at Mario's along with the service. However, the buffet food was terrible. Nothing was ever fully hot...breakfast did not have many options for those that did not eat pork and it took forever to get an omelette. One night we decided to eat the late night snack attack, and my husband got sick. The beach grill was ok, but we were tired of eating burgers, greasy fries and greasier conch fritters...which were really hushpuppies with no conch!!!
The employees were not all that friendly and spent much of their time conversing with one another as if there no guests around. The most friendliest were the staff at the pool bar! They were always willing to help and offered service with a smile. The staff was great at Mario's also!!!
The two most annoying things, that obviously could not be controlled were the seagulls and the massive amount of fish in the ocean. I could not go into the ocean without schools and schools of fish surrounding me. My husband loved them though, and he fed them everyday until we left.
The nightclub was horrible...it was always dead and smelled like roach spray and mildew! Much of the hotel smelled like mildew or a sour wet mop. This hotel is in desperate need of upgrades and should not reopen until they do finally upgrade the property. I did read the reviews before I booked, but felt that some of the negative reviews were unfounded because of my experience in the past. I will definitely pay close attention next time.
Also, do not let any of those guys on the beach talk you into doing a timeshare presentation at the Landor Vacation Club. That place is a rip off and is a dump as well. The best thing was getting passes to see the Atlantis and go to their aquarium. All in all, we could not wait to go home, which is rare for us when we go on vacation. I was disappointed and felt that I treated my husband to a terrible birthday present. I will never stay here again, this resort is well past it's prime!!!
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort Bahamas Hotel
- Breezes Resort Bahamas Hotel Nassau
- Breezes Bahamas
- Superclubs Breezes Bahamas Nassau
- Breezes Nassau
- Superclubs Breezes Bahamas Hotel
- Superclubs Breezes Bahamas
- Super Club Breeze Bahamas
- Breezes Superclub Bahamas
- Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas Nassau
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first and only Super-Inclusive resort in The Bahamas. 400 rooms and suites situated on almost 1000-ft of the powder-white sands of Cable Beach, the island's best beach. Here virtually everything you can eat, drink & do in one simple, upfront price - with no tipping allowed. Tennis, snorkeling, rock climbing, sailing, flying trapeze! Three restaurants plus a beach grill. Four bars. Nightclub and piano bar. All included! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.