“We had a Great Time!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Save Saved
You added Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas to your Saves list
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street | PO Box C, Nassau 13049, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 33 hotels in Nassau
Olive Branch, Mississippi
“We had a Great Time!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

A friend and I went for a Girls Getaway and we really had a blast. The staff is super cool and fun. We were on a first name basis with alot of them by the 2nd day. As soon as you arrive someone greets you and you are served punch while you wait to check it. The lobby air does not have air condition so it is a bit muggy but you soon get used to it. The room was spacious but needed some updating. It looks like a granny's room and the beds are a little hard for my comfort but we were so tired when we came in it wasn't a huge deal. The food was good but we only ate the buffet so I don't know much about the other restaurants. The pool area was great and I loved the pool area that had chairs in it to lay out in the water. The wifi sucked pretty much. It was hit or miss and mainly you could only get it in the lobby or out by the pool. SOMETIMES in the room but don't count on it. I have a straight talk phone so I didn't have phone service but I could hook up to their wifi to get some internet off and on. My friend had an ipone and the front desk helped us turn everything off except wifi because you can get charged a large amount (we heard of someones $2,000.00) for international calls and texts. Another thing was the towels and wash clothes. We had asked for them and didn't get them until the next day after several requests. Sometimes you had to swipe the key several times for it to work in the door and the door stuck so you had to slam it closed.... After all that being said, we had a great time and became friends on facebook with several of the workers once we got home. I will definitely go back. Everyone is happy and I absolutely love when they say Tink ya Babeee!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

5,037 people have reviewed this hotel

2099
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (876)
Scarborough, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I (ages 48, 46 from Toronto, Canada) stayed at Superclubs Breezes in Nassau from July 31 to August 10, 2013 (10 days all-inclusive).

Contrary to other reviews, we didn’t feel this resort caters to “spring breakers”. There are no children allowed (ages 14+ only) and about 20% of the guests were in the age group 15-25. Most of these folks were well-behaved.

Room:
We had a basic Gardenview room, which overlooked the pools, with a bit of a beach view. There is no balcony, just a railing. I guess this is called a French balcony. The room is spacious; we had our 2 suitcases on the floor the whole time, and had lots of room to walk around.
It was a clean room; no insects were seen.
Towel service is strange. Around 10am, they collect used towels, but don’t provide replacement fresh towels until around 3pm. This wasn’t a problem for us since we weren’t taking a bath between 10am and 3pm.
Toiletries (hand/body lotion, conditioning shampoo, hair net) are provided. The hand lotion wasn’t replenished for 3 days, until I asked the maid for some.
There was always hot water. The air conditioning worked fine the whole 10 days.
The complimentary safe is on the floor in the closet, and is large enough to accommodate an Ipad plus other stuff. The safe operated with a key, which was a problem for us, since we had to carry this around everywhere. You may want to bring a clip of some sort, to clip the safe key to your purse or beach bag. There is a $50 fee to replace a lost key. A combination lock would have been more user-friendly, since then there’s nothing to carry around.
Pillows are sub-standard, small and poor support for neck and head.
The room seemed damp most of the time. We left clothes (i.e. swim suits) to dry inside the room, and they never seemed to dry even after 4 days hanging on a chair. So then we hung them on the railing of the French balcony.
The flat screen TV is about 27 inches. Lots of cable channels in various languages (Chinese, Spanish).

Food:
Breakfast:
The main buffet restaurant served breakfast. You could sit outside and eat, but the birds are a nuisance. They will grab food off your plate if you daydream a bit.

Good selection of the following items:
• Continental breakfast (croissants, pastries, bagels, fruits, yogourt)
• American-style breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausages, biscuits with gravy, cold and hot cereal, pancakes, French toast)
• Caribbean breakfast (Bahamian steamed fish, Jamaican ackee and codfish, fried dumplings, grits, johnny cake, boiled yams and plantains, steamed corned beef, and Bahamian steamed tuna).

There is a coffee machine in the corner with espresso, cappuccino, latte. The beverages from this machine are always fresh, unlike the coffee pots brought to your table by the servers. Sometimes the coffee in the pots was fresh, other times not. Some servers used a large urn to fill their pots, and this urn wasn’t always fresh. So to guarantee a fresh cup all the time, and if you don’t mind walking a little, get your own cup at the machine. There are styrofoam cups if you want a bevvie on the go.

Lunch:
Main buffet served lunch. Quality was good, lots of variety of both European/American items (pasta bar, sandwiches) and Caribbean items (curried mutton, peas and rice, spinach rice, grilled fish, chicken curry).

There is also a pool-side grill open from 11am to 6pm serving the following:
• Crab salad on bed of lettuce
• Hamburgers/cheeseburgers
• Conch fritters with dipping sauce
• Hot dogs
• Jerk chicken

Condiments (mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise) are in small plastic packets, which I think is cheap-looking. Why not have a bottle of ketchup, instead of 50 small packets of ketchup?

Dinner:
A la Cartes:
Reservations can be made by phone from 9am to 11am up to 2 days in advance.
The seating system for both a la cartes was annoying. If you have an 8:30 reservation, when you come to the restaurant, you must wait like cattle with the rest of the guests with 8:30 reservations. Then when the hostess feels like letting you in (this is usually after the reservation time of 8:30), you must queue up one party at a time to be let in.
Men must wear long pants. You will be turned away if you wear shorts, guys. I saw this firsthand.

Martino’s Italian :
This is a Tuscan-inspired place with nice decor, ambiance and background music.
Food is mostly good. I particularly liked the linguini with sun-dried tomato sauce. You can customize the dishes (e.g. I asked for my linguini to be made spicy).
Good selection of seafood (grilled swordfish, penne with lobster) and beef dishes.
The red wine (merlot) is good, better than the house red in the buffet.

The service is spotty and not consistent. One night they were rushed and forgot to put bread on our table until 20 minutes after we were seated. That same night, my empty water glass wasn’t refilled until 20 minutes had passed.

The food quality is not consistent. One night the crème brulee was served properly (i.e. with the top crispy and caramelized), another night it arrived with a soggy top crust.

Garden of Eden:
You can dine indoors or outdoors. The indoor seating is a love seat for two people, so you eat side-by-side. This was fine with my wife and I, but it may be a tad awkward for 2 friends travelling together, or a party of more than two people who want to dine together.
Outdoor seating is conventional tables and chairs. The setting is a beautiful garden with water course. But insects are a problem. One evening, when the entrée was served, a swarm of flies descended out of nowhere on our plates.
The food is consistently very good. We ate there three times, and never had a bad meal or course.
Small portions, so you can enjoy all the 5 courses right through dessert, without feeling overly full.
You can customize the entrees. For example, if the beef steak comes with rice on the side, and you want potatoes instead, just ask the server to make this switch.

Buffet:
There are theme nights for dinner at the buffet (e.g. Seafood, Bahamian, Creole, Chinese, International). Quality is good to very good.

Beach:
Fabulous! Water is crystal clear and mostly calm waves for swimming. Very few rocks in the water. You can walk in bare feet; don’t need water shoes.
We saw fish close to shore without snorkelling. We fed bread to the fish. They’ll take it from between your fingers if you hold the bread 1 inch above the water. Long beach for walking. The sand doesn’t get too hot.
The construction site next door (the Baha-Mar luxury complex which allegedly is supposed to compete with Atlantis when it opens December 2014) wasn’t an issue for us. Virtually no noise, the cranes and workers go about their business without much commotion.
Lots of loungers on the beach, but palapas for shade are in short supply. People did the “get up early and reserve the shady spots with towels” routine. There are some palapas that seem to be reserved for the premium rooms.

There is a towel hut near the beach. Tell the attendant your room number, and you get towels. No card is required. The rule is you must return the towels each day by 7pm, or else you get charged $15. But I saw many towels lying around the pool and beach after 7pm, so I’m puzzled about this policy. Are all these people getting dinged for $15?

Pools:
We were at the beach all the time, so can’t comment much on the pools. But I noticed they were cleaned regularly, and the pool guy threw some crystals into the water each day (I guess to clean it).
There is a large hot-tub (12 people comfortably) with really hot water.

Bars:
Service was excellent, friendly, and efficient at all bars. There were few lineups for drinks. The beer on tap is Kalik (local), but on some days they had bottles of Sands (local), though just Light beer.

Piano bar:
Located near the buffet restaurant. Great ambiance here, low lighting. At first, we couldn’t see the piano in here. We joked about the piano bar with no piano. But the piano is cleverly hidden, integrated into a glass table-top with bar stools around it. There is a player/singer some nights.
There is premium alcohol here, that isn’t available in other bars (e.g. Frangelico).
The piano bar does not smell like vomit, as I’ve read on other reviews.

Tip: If you’re trying to get a drink at the pool bar and the line-up is long, go up the stairs to the 2nd floor bar, where there are far less people. It’s only about a 20 second walk from the pool bar.

Nightly Entertainment:
Good variety of nightly entertainment. The house band was led by Funky-D, who’s really entertaining. Great singer, and comes down off the stage to engage the crowd in sing-alongs.

Other nightly entertainment includes:
• Stand-up comedy
• Performers dancing with fire
• Michael Jackson impersonator doing “Thriller” with entourage of zombies
• Toga party

Disco:
Open until 3am every day with bar service. A lot of reggae was played, accompanied by some incidents of daggering (i.e. simulated sexual activity) on the dance floor. I’m not a prude, but I don’t want to see dry humping when I’m on the dance floor. Breezes management needs to keep this activity under control, so that all guests feel comfortable in the disco, and not just the ones getting their rocks off.

Besides reggae, there was not enough other types of music (i.e. house, hip hop, club). Breezes management should understand there are guests from all over the world at this hotel, and not everybody goes to a disco to hear reggae for hours at a time. A selection of different music would enable all guests to enjoy the dance floor. Very often, when the reggae was played, a majority of guests would stand around the perimeter. Then when the music changed from reggae to something else, these folks would come on the floor.

Miscellaneous Activities:
There are 2 pool tables and 4 table tennis tables (2 inside and 2 outside near the pools).
The fitness center is open 24/7, and is well equipped with cardio machines, weight training machines, and free weights with benches. Towels are provided. It is large enough for several people to work out together without getting in each other’s way.

Activities Outside the Resort:
We did the half-day personal submarine tour at Stuart’s Cove, which is located on the west side of New Providence Island (about a 25 minute bus ride from Breezes). Cost is $124/person, which includes instruction on how to operate the one-person submarine, a 40 minute submarine undersea tour, plus 40 minutes of snorkeling, and transfers from Breezes.
You don’t need to know how to swim to use this sub. My wife, who can’t swim and is scared of putting her face under the water, was actually coaxed to do this tour, and enjoyed it. The guides did a great job of being patient with her.
Breathing is done normally, not through a scuba mask. You don’t wear goggles. There are several guides undersea to help guide the tour along, and ensure you don’t go wandering off into the sea by yourself and get lost.

We visited the Fish Fry area in Arawak Cay twice for local cuisine. It’s a 7-minute bus ride from Breezes. We ate at Oh Andros restaurant both times. We tried the fried snapper and fried grouper. The snapper is whole fish, and was good, though not as crispy as we wanted. The grouper is a lightly-battered filet with spice seasoning, and was good. Portions are huge; each entrée comes with peas and rice, plus 2 sides, so we shared one entree between both of us, and had enough food. The fried snapper with peas and rice and two sides was $12. Grouper was $15.
A bottle of Budweiser was $4. Reasonable prices, since this area is away from the main touristy area of downtown Nassau, the Straw Market and the ferry docks, where the cruise ship passengers disembark.

Special Staff:
Shout outs to the following outstanding service providers:
• Jerry (entertainment + fitness trainer)
• Reggie (bar supervisor)
• Carrie (bartender)
• Michelle (bartender)
• Lavardo (Garden of Eden)
• Horatio (buffet restaurant and Garden of Eden)
• Polo (buffet restaurant)
• Lisa (buffet restaurant)

Overall Assessment :
Breezes is not a luxury resort. But it is good value for your money to stay in Bahamas, which can be expensive to visit. There aren’t many affordable all-inclusive resorts on Cable Beach.
Good location; close to Fish Fry, downtown and Paradise Island. Bus stop is right outside the front door. The airport is a 12-minute bus ride away ($22 for taxi for 2 passengers with luggage).

It will be interesting to see what happens when the luxury resort Baha-Mar opens next door in December 2014. This will greatly increase the supply of hotel rooms on Cable Beach. I’m hoping Breezes maintains, if not improves, its “guest experience” with this competition looming.

We would definitely return to Superclubs Breezes for the right price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Check in is rough! They serve punch and all staff are exemplary in customer service. Very hot and humid in lobby, usually a long wait to get in room and a couple of times to get in line once to check in and a second to get key. Takes 10- 15 min per room. Hard to take after a long travel day. Charmaine and her staff are very professional. They have a very difficult job at dealing w testy people and they do it Excellently!! Once thru this process, the world is yours!! Our room a deluxe oceanfront perfect!! View amazing. Food even more so!! Staff is on point and Breezes is showing off beyond our Expectations! Perfect Honeymoon with my Love!! Don't want to leave!!

• Stayed August 2013
toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I were at Breezes Bahamas from Aug 3-7th. We wanted a cheap/quick vacation and since we've never been to the Bahamas, we decided to go with Breezes. We booked with Sunquest and when we got to the airport it was a bit confusing since there was no representative and we had to ask around to see who would be taking us to the resort. We finally found someone with Majestic and they brought us to Breezes. As many have said in their reviews, Breezes is a rather dated building. The halls leading to the rooms and the rooms itself feel old and there is a musky smell. We knew what we were getting when we booked the vacation so not a huge problem for us. One thing the resort does not provide is bottled water in your rooms. They do sell bottled water at their gift shop, but I paid $4.50 for a large bottle of water. The pool is nice, a bit packed with people and we didn't even go during high season and yes, this seems to be a party resort - so if you're looking to party then there are plenty of other 18-25 year olds. And also, you get a towel every morning and must return the towel by 7pm or they will charge your room $15. Problem is the towels run out so if you get there later like after lunch, they more than likely will have run out. The food was decent, my husband and I are not picky so we did not have any issues with finding food to eat. The drinks were good, we brought our 'bubbas' so we didn't have to keep going back to the bar. The best part about this resort though is all the activities, you can go for tennis lessons, sailing lessons, go kayaking, rock climbing, lots to do. I would recommend trying the rock climbing wall. Edwin is a great coach and he helped me get to the top. The staff are very nice, hard working and if you go in knowing this resort is a bit older and will not have all the bells and whistles, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Let me start by saying people that complain here don't complain about everything!
I just came back 2days ago from a 6days stay w. my bf & want to get this in before getting busy w. our routine.

I travel quite a bit w. a very open mind & try to enjoy everything as it come, but there's expectation & limitation for everything. To sum up this hotel: economical accommodation & food wise, good beach location but very outdated room & facility. STRONG ODOR EVERYWHERE, especially in the piano bar and hallways. I know this in advance from reviews, so I brought some incenses & candles to burn for this issue.

Check in was ok, front desk staff was not too warm or too cold...they get their job done
Rooms are spacious, clean, has the necessity for your stay, but sewer system is old, strong odor in the bathroom. Furniture is outdated, bed was ok, serves it purposes. TV channel are ok, enough for your selection when you in the room.

Facility are definitely needs lots of renovation & updates but I spoke to lots of staffs, they say why renovate when there's a 5star resort coming up next door, the Breezes can even shows better in value with the cost & the location. All the common areas are clean, but extremely outdated furniture, strong smell everywhere, the piano bar in particular, I think bc it's so close to its main sewer line...We spent one night at the bar, and after that, just hanging outside since there's no odor outside. We used the gym, equipments are there to serve its purpose, but I swear, I haven't seen a butt blaster that old since I was 12, and I'm in my late 30s now :)
Pool: didn't even set foot in there, look crowded, noisy, and constant blaring music & activities. I guess this is good for the young crowd, who like to drink & get wasted.

Drinks: just like other reviews said, cheap liquor, mixed drinks are half-a** done. If u want good drink, go to the piano bar, they use the real Vodka & real Crown.
Food: we are not big eater & not fussy about the food at all, so it was ok to semi good. Have to give them credit, they tried to switch up different dishes every day, not the excellent quality, but ok. Breakfast w. the normal bacon, eggs, omelet, cereal, pancake, & lots of fresh fruits. Same thing w. lunch & dinner, meat was mediocre but we liked the fish a lot, since it's very fresh...
Restaurants: hit & miss, the Martino's was good, Garden of Eden was ok, don't sit outside, it looks romantic & nice, but as soon as the food arrive, so does the fly, everywhere...omg...we have to quickly swallow our food to get out of the garden. There's a Japanese restaurant, but not included in the inclusive package, only open Friday & Sat.
I have to admit, it's nice not to have to think about where to go eat for every meal, and the food are there. This is the nice part!

Beach: this is the favorite place for whole the trip, great location, beautiful clear, clean, calm water, if u don't like the noise from the pool, just find some chairs & move closer to the ocean! Plenty of chairs everyday. Free non motorized sports are free & plentiful to use everyday fr the resort, so that was nice. We did the kayak, the hobby cab, the the sailing.
We went over to the Atlantis for a quick visit....omg, stay away from this place, so overly crowded, over price, over-rated....It makes us appreciated where we are, a little sense of island feel & authenticity instead of the glitz & the crowd, might as well got to Vegas for that!

If you have time, did what we did, buy a day tour to Harbor Island for the Pink Sand Beach!!! This is absolutely our high line of the trip. The beach was amazingly clean, beautiful, quiet, there are so many different shades of blue between the sky & the ocean, the photos we took almost look fake!!! This is how the true island/beach experience should be like. The sand are absolutely awesome, fine, powdery white/pink ish....very beautiful. Truly worth for the name! Harbor island is very small, 3miles long, 1/2 mile wide, so you get around in a golf cart, & can't get lost. We have the freshest conch that just got caught from the ocean. It was amazing conch salad. We saw lots of the local bought that & took it back to Nassau on the way back on the ferry. We love it here so much, we would love to stay here if we come back to the Bahamas next time. Truly amazing, beautiful sand, quiet, seclude beach, truly relaxing, true feel of the island life! The trip cost $180/person, the ferry itself is $132, then they provide lunch & golf cart. I shopped around for the price, & everywhere quote me the same price. so we know we have it right.

Sum it up: Breezes is ok for the price, but don't expect too much, just come for the beach & sun. If you don't plan to stay too much in the room, use too much of the facility then this is place is ok. Would I go back or recommend this to my friends, NO.

Room Tip: Good location on the beach, pretty much on the west side of Nassau, which is the nice side. We stay...