“Excellent value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

You added Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas to your Saves list
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street | PO Box C, Nassau 13049, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Flushing, New York
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went to Breezes Bahamas April 26-29th and had an amazing time! We were a large group and We met so many fun great people and truly enjoyed our stay. I was a bit concerned due to reading all of the negative reviews prior to my stay, but was very pleased with our choice. The staff welcomes you with a smile and they are very eager to please. We loved the activities that were included with your stay, that normally aren't. The trapeze was an experience I will not soon forgot and Jared was understanding, funny, and patient with my hyperventilating prior to my initial jump. The water activities were also fun, we couldn't try most because the weather didn't permit. The food was great, especially the conch and jerk chicken. The lady bartenders in the pool area were always pleasant and had a great memory for our drinks. The resort could use a few updates, ie the nightclub. Every night it had a foul smell, that made it unbearable to stay there even though we wanted to dance. There is construction going on next door but you hardly notice it. It didn't affect our vacation at all. Also, we participated in many games but there were a lot of gaps in between activities. The Junkanoo Parade was amazing, so fun and colorful. Funky D performed every night and he involved the crowd, which wasn't an easy task at first. Part of the entertainment staff that stood out, apart from Jared and Funky D, were Justin and MJ. Overall it was a great experience, we had a blast and we are glad we went to Breezes despite the negative reviews. It isn't a 5 star resort but it is definitely worth it, if you get a great deal! We were already discussing our return as we were leaving the resort. We had an amazingly fun time for my aunt's birthday celebration vacation thanks to Breezes and to the friends we made during our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,012)
WEST ORANGE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is our 4th time at Breezes and I can only find one complaint. No ice machines. The staff make you feel like you have known them your whole life. We just wanted to thank some of our friends at Breezes like Kym and Shakira at the front desk. Our friendly bartenders, Ahmad, Michael, Kyle, Alex and Reggie. Our maid Rosalie always had a smile on her face. Calvin at the welcome back party (food was fantastic) Stayed in Room 278.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra to book a oceanfront room. What a beautiful view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Farmington Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was a little concerned about traveling alone but felt totally safe at this all inclusive property. I can't begin to tell you how nice everyone was. They met all of my expectations and more. Food was plentiful and while not the best I have ever had, it was more than adequate. They didn't have honey for my tea but the servers went the extra mile to find some for me in the kitchen. I really appreciated the requirement of all visitors must be over 14yrs. No little kids running around the pool and no unruly teens. The adults could get a little tipsy in the evening but it was all in fun.
I definitely will go back

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Markham, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed here for a quick girls weekend getaway. The resort is average nothing upscale but it's a really fun resort. The staff make it fun, the drinks are GREAT and the entertainment non stop. Very friendly staff. Great place if you get a great price!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Travelled April 24th to May 1st and absolutely delighted with my hotel choice. The best review I read on here truly summarized it well (excuse me as I paraphrase): If you are high maintenance and expect 5 star service including mints on your pillows, don't stay here. If you want an excellent value for the money with excellent staff, good food and lots of stuff to do on site: Stay at Breezes.

My common law partner and I went for a week to celebrate our anniversary. He likes to hang out in the shade, and I like to do stuff. Neither of us have any interest in big giant resorts that take you half an hour to get from one end to the other. This hotel accommodated us both. Some rooms have hammocks outside the sliding glass doors but don't worry if you're not ground level: there are still a few public hammocks strewn throughout the pool area - some shaded - that my partner took full advantage of while I made use of the kayaks. Water sport activities are included with the price and they have water skiing lessons, windsurfers, paddle boats, I am sure I am forgetting a few but basically LOTS of stuff to do. I didn't utilize the rock wall (not really my thing) but it's important to note: The trapeze isn't open every day so don't wait until the last day like I did to find out it wasn't operating that day. Really bummed I didn't do it earlier in the week but I have no one to blame but myself for that.

The beach: beautiful. Yes: seaweed does come out of the ocean, and yes, the hotel staff cleans up it regularly. Yes, there is construction going on next door at the moment, but that didn't stop me from enjoying leisurely walks in the beach. I've been to Cuba, Mexico, and Jamaica several times, and I am accustomed to fending off vendors. I was not harassed in any way, at any time, and felt completely safe strolling on the beach by myself. Public beach to the right was great, and the walk down to the hotels on the left hand side again, was 100% harassment free. I loved it!

There are day time activities put on my the staff - I played bingo, beach bowling, horseshoes, its a great way to meet fellow resort guests and just have fun in general. Participating/winning the events scores you some tokens that you can cash in at the gift shop. We're not talking super fancy prizes but again, the point is have some fun and meet some new people. I enjoyed the entertainment staff's energy a lot, and appreciated them making me feel good about playing beach volleyball, even though I am quite terrible at it! I particularly enjoyed Jerry's aqua aerobics class and highly recommend it as a way to reduce feeling guilty for eating conch fritters every day for a week straight! He was fabulous! <3

We aren't big on evening entertainment in general, but we did see Funky D and his band get the WHOLE ROOM dancing, and I was lucky enough to catch some of the Junkanoo Parade on Saturday night which was pretty awesome as well.

Let's talk about food: They have a continental breakfast from 6:30 to 7:30, a buffet breakfast from 7:30 to 10:30, and a late breakfast from 10:30 - 11:00. I like to get up early and eat, whereas my partner likes to sleep in a bit, so again, this hotel truly accommodated us both and there was lots of variety from cereals to fruit to pancakes to french toast, omelette bar, bacon, traditional fish breakfasts, and totally worth mentioning: a make your own waffle bar!! All wait staff were attentive, and great at refilling my water glass multiple times every meal.

Lunch buffet starts at 12:30 to 2:30 but we ate at the beach bar most afternoon: I am absolutely hooked on conch fritters, and the jerk chicken was awesome!! I was rather disappointed to see that most people preferred to stay within their comfort zone and just stick to hot dogs and hamburgers, but to each their own I guess. Big shout out to Azantios at the beach bar. He was awesome!

And with a dinner buffet from 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m, Midnight snack from 11:30 p.m. - 2 a.m., plus two a la carte restaurants* that did NOT have restrictions on how many times you could visit - you really did have access to food all day long. And good food at that. The roasted pig at the buffet on our last night was out of this world!!

*Due to circumstances beyond our control we only got to eat at Martino's and not the Garden of Eden. Martino's was nice, he had the swordfish and I had the lobster pasta dish. With my partner being a head chef, I am always concerned when we go away that the food will not be up to his standards but he gave it a thumbs up. Are you still reading this review, or have you gone to book your trip yet? JUST DO IT!!!

Other things worth mentioning: I had a 55 minute hot stone massage from Raquel at the Blue Mahoe Spa. She was absolutely fantastic and really knows her stuff. It took her all of two seconds to find my problem area (shoulders) and she tailored my massage to accommodate my needs. I really can't say enough about how wonderful she was and a decent price for a hotel spa service. I looked at the Atlantis spa prices before we left, and nearly had a heart attack for what they were asking!

Michele at the pool bar was absolutely 100% our favorite staff member for our trip, although all the ladies at the pool bar work extremely hard!. Michele made great drinks, and even if we just walked past the bar without getting anything to drink she would call our names, ask how we are doing, etc. I'm a big stickler for customer service and she definitely wins the "best customer service" award from me!!

Some mornings at 9:30 a.m. on the front steps, Jennifyer (I hope I spelled that right) the entertainment staff supervisor offers a nature walk: it's about a half an hour stroll off the property through some pretty beautiful garden walk ways and even an environmental area with ducks and turtles and other various wildlife that I am really glad I got a chance to see. I enjoyed the walk so much that I ended up doing it again myself later in the week and even made it over to the small market (about 2 miles from the hotel) and bought a few trinkets. MAKE NOTE: When visiting any market, don't just buy stuff from the first vendor - tell them you are just looking and visit all the stalls to find out who will give you the best deal.

Last tips to mention: The walls are somewhat thin, so if you are a light sleeper like my partner, you may want to bring ear plugs. Its not that people are particularly loud, but people coming home from enjoying the nightly entertainment sometimes woke him up. I almost never hit the disco at any resort I go to so I can't offer any reviews about that. People complained about the smell in the piano bar: I only noticed it in the small carpeted area by one of the entrances/bathrooms and quite frankly anyone who does not expect a hotel in a tropical country to be affected by moisture clearly should have their head examined. It didn't affect me or my vacation, so I definitely wouldn't complain about it. Express check out was great, and the wi-fi was pretty decent.

Tipping was not required or expected at this hotel and when we made a few visits on our last day to "give thanks", everyone was extremely appreciative. What impresses me most is that I got the same excellent service all week long when I wasn't tipping - that should tell you just how hard these people work and how awesome they are! Excellent!!!

I'm trying to diversify my travelling (trying new places I've never been before, as I was when we booked this trip) and I usually go whole hog (7 days) but if I have an urgent need for a quick getaway (4 days), I would definitely hop on a plane and go back for a visit! Thank you Breezes! I will definitely be recommending you to anyone who will listen!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have spent 3 nights at Breezes and it was definetely not enough. The Bahamas and the resort have so much to offer, with activities and games all day long. There's no way you get bored. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. The food on the buffet is really good (best buffet we've ever tasted!!) and the staff is really friendly, specially Colyn "Big C", Daltino, Rotnel and Jared, who were always there for us. We WILL be back for sure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
fonthill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

7 days at the Breezes is not enough, the food was great, the hospitality incredible, the weather perfect. The staff were so helpful, friendly, and genuine. The staff at the pool were especially good. It won't be my last trip to the Breezes.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!