“Excellent Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Save Saved
You added Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas to your Saves list
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street | PO Box C, Nassau 13049, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts
“Excellent Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I went 3/12/13 - 3/19/13 (spring break) and we had a blast. We actually eloped on the beach here and thought it was great! We stayed 6 nights and received the free wedding. I did upgrade my bouquet and we bought the rights to the photo CD which were the only extras. I also had Allyson come to the room to do my hair and make-up which was excellent as well! The photographer we had, Ingrid, was unbelievable, not just with her photography skills but her hospitality.
We enjoyed the buffet as well as the restaurants at the resort. The rooms need upgrading but well kept. The grounds were well kept as well as clean too. The staff was excellent and the friendliest bunch of people we encountered in a long time! We also met a lot of friendly visiting people to make our stay fun. On a trusting note... I left my wallet outside the Italian restaurant Martino's with cash and credit cards in it, and a waitress there spent an hour looking for the owner to return it to(me). There was nothing missing from it when she returned it to me and could of been more happier! This is a very safe and trustworthy resort!
This resort is great but we did venture out a bit to do excursions and walk around downtown, Paradise Island and the fish fry. We took the local 10 bus for $1.25 and thought this was the best transportation method. We recommend the Exuma excusion, boat trip of a lifetime!
Overall we had the best wedding/honeymoon a couple could ask for! The Bahamian people are some of the friendliest people in the world!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (948)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was a Breezes Resort Bahamas during Spring Break 2013 and of course it was full of half drunk kids running around acting like they never been on a trip before.

There was a strong smell of bug spray. It didn't take long for me to figure why. The smell was so strong that when I got home I got undressed in the laundry room put Everything I took on the trip (even clothes I didn't wear) put them in a plastic bag, showered 3 times to get rid of the bug spray scent and took my clothes to get washed.

I won't talk about the curtains and shades that would not close all the way or the running, yelling in the hall and the slamming doors all night.
I won't even mention the smell of pee, alcohol and the sticky staircases.

I was there for a dive trip and I think next time I'll just pay a bit more and stay at Sandals.

It made me kind of think that's what a cheap cruise might be like. There was juices and sodas always available and you really can't go hungry.
The bars are not 24hrs and don't open early enough for me.

When I did let them in to clean you can tell that only the bed was made, the trash was taken out and just a few towels were replaced.
There was no working fan in the bathroom so it felt a bit moldy to me. Let's just say I wore my water shoes in the shower.
Like I said it felt like a dorm room hotel.

The staff seemed friendly and willing to help out. The drinks were what ever you want when you wanted it (When they were pouring).

It's not a far ride to and from the airport and the bus is close by as well as taxis. It's in the middle of Crystal Palace and the Fish Fry.

I understand I was there during spring break but I don't think that
A: Everyone there was a spring breaker and
B: Even spring breakers like a clean non bug spray smelling place the vacation.

OH!
I won't Even get into the rusty lampshades or air vents but how about a desk chair were the desk was too low or the chair was too high to get your knees under the desk (even if it's a kid)

Internet access... it's was come and go. Though free, it was better then other places in the islands.

OH, I almost forgot I TV that would not turn off

Room Tip: I got nothing. I was on the 3rd floor in a dbl. at first then got bumped up to the 6th floor to a si...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Visited with another couples and had a great time. Bahamians are some of the most genuinely people I have ever met. The rooms (particularly the beds) could stand to be upgraded but the staff and food more than make up for any shortcomings. I would suggest not bothering with an ocean view upgrade as the layout of the resort does not really allow for a full view worth paying for.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Room was nice and clean. Only thing for me was the AC was really cold no matter how high I set the thermostat. I didn't complain about it so I don't really fault the resort. Everything was good and the food was great. I was there for a SCUBA trip to Stuar Cove so I didn't participate in a lot of the activities.

Room Tip: I was there during spring break. I was on the 4th floor and my room was nice and quiet. I would av...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Galesburg, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Breezes Resort Bahamas was a quality vacation. The rooms were a bit outdated and grounds on the small side. We thoroughly enjoyed the beaches, entertainment and close proximity to Paradise Island and shopping outlets. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I only wish there were more food selections. Overall, good vacation, but I have had better experiences.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We visited a few years ago so it a bit out of date though sure it p similar. Firstly, what amazing staff who work there. The teams work so hard and are beautiful people.

Brilliant food and that is coming from a fussy eater. Always chips if menu iffy is the way I see it. Midnight snacks great and the best cocktails I have ever had at any all inc hotel. The hummingbird if they still do it was my fave and so wish I had the recipe.

Beach entertainment was always busy and at evenings like ay hotel it can get repetitive though they do a good job and we have been to a lot worse than here.

Again the smiles dedication and loveliness of the all the staff made our stay extra special.

Rooms were average though we do not spend much time in the room though felt they could have been a bit more luxe.

Briliant location and the pools were lovely and clean.

Lots of americans when we went and would reocmmend checking the annual holiday for USA if you planning trip from UK as some people we met had a really rough time with noise and frsutrations young americans had caused and we caught tail end of last few days of hols though a lot of complaints had been made so bear it in mind if large groups of younger people may annoy you if you see this as more of an adult destination.

Highly recommend though and brillaint value and Bahamas is beautiful cannot wait to go back sometime in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Powassan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had a great time on are trip the hotel was great for the money. The food was really good something for everyone. The people where very freindly and no presure to buy things both in town and at Breezes which was a great change from other places. I felt safe both in town and at Breezes, Lots of good people and fun what more do you need to enjoy yourself........and time to yourself if that is what you enjoy..............M Lusk Canada

Room Tip: Just take your pick what you like we where second floor some March school kids but they where great...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!