“Spectacular! We'll definitely return.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Save Saved
You added Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas to your Saves list
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street | PO Box C, Nassau 13049, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 33 hotels in Nassau
Toronto, Canada
“Spectacular! We'll definitely return.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Breezes Bahamas for 4 nights earlier this month. And we had a blast!

The room was spacious and very clean. The bathroom seemed to have been updated fairly recently -- it, too, was spotless. A large flat screen TV hung on the wall over the dresser. The only recommendation I'd make for the room would be to add a table and chairs for coffee in the morning and cocktails in the evening. The room has plenty of space for a small circular table with two comfy chairs.

The service was great -- everyone was extremely helpful and attentive -- and friendly! Ask Angela to make you a "Tropical Delight"! Mmm!

We played some ping pong and pool several times on the main floor. And helped ourselves to slushy bevvies in the morning on our way out to the beach. The gift shop was typical, prices were pretty good, considering. They also have a jewellery store onsite, where I stocked up on some more Pandora charms!

We loved the fact that the resort was right on the beach -- we enjoyed watching the college kids playing beach volleyball ;-) The soft, white sand was cleaned up every morning, as was the pool. Unfortunately the pool water was too cold for me, and the ocean was really cold! But that's to be expected this time of year.

The food was quite good--the buffet had something different at every meal, every day, which offered a nice variety.

We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel -- it cost $18 + $1/bag, so $20 flat. It only took about 10 minutes. We also took a bus (for a whopping $1.25) downtown, also about 10 minutes from the hotel, so the location is perfect.

All in all -- we loved Breezes Bahamas! We'll definitely be going back :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Aimee B,
Thank you very much for sharing your review.Our aim is to ensure that all of our valued guests
have an enjoyable vacation.Your review indicates that you had a vacation that was fulfilling.
We are happy to have been able to provide a product and staff services that allowed for
your enjoyment.
Again,thank you for the positive feedback.
Regards,

5,161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (921)
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the Breezes for 7 nights in March. Overall, it was a bad experience and we would encourage others to stay away from this place. Surrounding the property are massive skyscrapers for the construction of a new mega resort built by the Chinese. This obviously is not the Breezes fault, yet it still did take away from the experience. The other reviews talk about all of the good service that the Breezes offered, but this is completely untrue. Even as we arrived the check-in was very slow with little apologies from the staff. Yes, some are helpful and friendly to the guests, but this is massively offset by those who are rude and generally unpleasant to the guests. The amount of money that we spent at an "all-inclusive resort" is absolutely absurd. If you lose your wrist bands, you are charged $200. If your towels are left too dirty in your room, you are charged. If your sheets are dirty, you are once again charged. They squeeze every last penny out of you for things that should be the responsibility of the resort. Most of all, the security were absolutely terrible. Besides from being rude to us, they physically abused some of the springbreakers during our stay. Yes, some of these kids were loud and obnoxious, but this does not give the right for the security to pin a kid up to the wall by their necks (I witnessed this happen). I was shocked and disgusted by the actions of these security guards. In regards to the springbreakers: they were loud, but this did not take away from my stay nor lower my rating of this resort. They are kids and I understand they were having fun. For those below me who cannot relate to them, then you should give yourselves a reality check. Overall I will never ever come back to the Breezes and I would suggest the same to you. They scam you for your money, are unfriendly, and it is generally a disgusting place to stay. STAY AWAY.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Charlie S
We wish to acknowledge your review.Please accept our apologies for not having met your
expectations.We are sorry that measures put in place to dissuade certain behavior by
our spring break guests did not meet with your favor.The cost associated with replacement
bands is in large measure designed to ensure that those guests that do not meet age
requirements refrain from attempting to change same.Cost relative to replacement for
operating inventories are only applied where it has been determined that guests have been
wantonly destructive.
We strive to ensure that our environment can be enjoyed by all.Additonal securtiy personnel
worked diligently to ensure that younger guests conducted themselves in a manner that was
not offensive to other clientele.We have no reported instances of security acting in a
manner that was detrimental to any of our visitors.We welcome any specifics that you may
be able to provide so that we may investigate.
We are pleased to note that without exception the chaperoned spring break groups that visited our
resort all highlighted the professionalism and friendliness of our team.
Our resort clearly indicates the cost associated with visits,has a widely acknowledged
friendly team,and are recognized favorably.
Again,thank you for the feedback.
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed at the Breezes on a trip with my friends. Many aspects of the hotel were very disappointing. The hotel advertises "super inclusive", while no activities were included, so unless you want to spend your entire trip laying by the pool, I would not recommend. The rooms were seriously outdated. The food was disgusting with lots of repeats. The only food that was good was the grill by the pool, which closes at 6pm.

The most disappointing part was the staff and security guards. Any time anyone asked a question or needed help, we were responded to very rudely. Very sassy and very condescending. I am a paying guest and I do not paid to get yelled at! The security guards were also very aggressive. When people were being loud in the hallways, the security guards were even louder than them causing an even bigger disturbance. The security guards spent a lot of time yelling at people, and would even follow people around if they didn't listen.

I would not visit this hotel again. Stay at Atlantis, it really is a first class operation. I visited for one day and I noticed their beautiful resort and friendly staff. By the way, to visit one day at Atlantis, it costs $100. To visit one day at the Breezes it costs $250. LOL.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Quincy, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Let me preface my review by saying that the actual Breezes Resort and employees had NOTHING to do with the scam artist that destroyed my wedding. Charmaine (General Manager) actually used her own personal vehicle to assist us in my family's time of need.

That being said lets start with the basics: Room was outdated, but fine (My husband and I just require clean- no frills) Our second room was clean- we had to swap the first one because it smelled terribly of mold and I didnt want us to get sick. Bed was comfortable although we came here for our wedding/honey moon so we didnt sleep much. We both LOVED the food, for the price you pay you get an amazing array of food that changes everyday. There is definitely something for everyone. All the complainers should just pay 4X the amount and go to Atlantis if they were expecting 5star food.

The staff was awesome. We had wedding planners who set everything up for us. Our wedding was changed to indoors last minute due to weather and the balcony-type location we ended up having it at was gorgeous, palm trees and ocean in the background- all my pictures were perfection! Because we stayed 6+ nights the wedding was FREE and this included wedding planner, paper work, decor in your wedding colors, music, minister, cake, champs, boutineers, bouquets- and Im telling you everything was gorgeous. We took pics throughout the ceramony and on the beach over looking the blue waters (the sun came out for us especially) Overall beautiful memories.

Until my brother was ARRESTED. I will make this long, long, LONG story- short. SO, my brother and male family members were getting sloshed the night before the wedding (I was getting my beauty sleep). And apparently there was a woman (who had been on their connecting flight in Philly AND on the bus to the actual resort) who followed my brother out of the club and started trying to make out with him in a dark corner of the resort (3am) In the end she and and associate (random male local with dreds NOT an employee but knew all the employees very well) told the authorities that my brother was' aggressive with her'. We found out later that this could land him in jail for 10 years OR a 10,000 fine.
The scam artist- woman tried to provoke my family to bribe and/or threaten her (which could add 15 years to my brothers potential sentence) After 7 days in jail and $1,700 (lawyer fees) later.. my brother was released due to lack of evidence. We discovered later that this wasnt her first time at the rodeo and she had done this before, we suspect she might work with some of the police officers.

During this traumatic experience, Charmaine was a Godsend to my mother and sister (who stayed longer to wait for my brother's release) She personally drove them all around the island, changed their room, and gave them free wi-fi so they could do research on Bahamian law. He was eventually released (and deported) and I am grateful to say is safe at home.

Despite this dark turn of events I am still sticking with my great review for this place, and my husband and I will be enjoying our 1st anniversary there in May (gratis, included in the wedding package). I do not blame the resort for this craziness. I blame the bat-crazy woman who tried to destroy my brother's life for a few thousand dollars. So go! Go to Breezes, just make sure you are aware of your surroundings! The woman was American btw, so do NOT get chatty with your neighbors on the bus!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tara R,
Thank you for your review of Breezes Bahamas.We are pleased to note that despite the unfortunate situation regarding your brother your wedding was a success.Charmaine Grant
is indeed an exceptional employee and we are glad to note that her efforts did not go
un-noticed.
Again,thank you for sharing and looking forward to hosting you again.
Bangor, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was my third year back to the Breezes Resort in Nassau. Already making plans for next year. The staff are all very friendly and the entertainment staff is the best. They make you feel so welcome and go out of there way to make sure your having a good time. The shows they put on are wonderful. I loved all the entertainment staff but Marvin had to be my favorite. It is so nice to go back to a place and they remember you. Funky D Band is great to. If you plan on a vacation this is the place to go.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear BelindaWReed,
Thank you for making us your repeat resort.We are honored to have hosted you for
a third consecutive visit.Your comments in respect of our staff members are appreciated
and will be shared with the entire team.
We are grateful for the positive feedback.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our 7 nights at Breezes. The staff were helpful and friendly. the entertainment professional and fun. We had an Ocean front room - perfect. Waking up to that view was stunning. Room was a bit dated but very spacious, clean and comfortable. queen size bed. The shower was huge - big enough for 2 ;). Plenty to keep you occupied from staff cabaret nights to the more mellow piano bar. Sitting around a glass topped piano suggesting songs from the song book and joining in. Premium branded drinks. Food was practically 24/7. You'd never go hungry. Short bus ride to downtown Nassau is a must. We even walked it one day. Needed to walk off all that food. The local bus service seem to be privately owned. Mini buses that run until 6pm. On one day we were taken on a guided tour. What should have been a 10 minute bus ride turned into one hour. Such laid back Bahamian attitude. Straw market in downtown Nassau is huge. Be prepared to barter. Duty free liquor stores - very cheap booze and cigarettes (compared to the UK). Don't be fooled by the cloudy breezy days, my partner still got sun burnt rather bad - slather on that sun oil. I hadn't realised that the place would be host to Spring break college students - it was a bit annoying - something out of American Pie comes to mind. The dining hall could be rather loud and noisy. I'm pleased we only stayed 7 nights but overall it didn't spoil our holiday. Buy your duty free in Nassau as their airport is very disappointing for shopping. Doesn't even have an ATM or bureau de change. If you roll your own cigarettes buy your tobacco before you arrive as no where on the Bahamas sell tobacco.
For a 3* resort, this was excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Ocean Front room in the four-storey block - if you want peace and tranquility
Dear HazeyD,
Thank you for your posting after having visited Breezes Bahamas.We are pleased to
have you note that yours was a 'great holiday'.We strive to provide an enviroment that
allows for our guests to have an enjoyable stay.Equally the fact that you found our varied
activities and environment most pleasing is encouraging.
We trust that you will make Breezes Bahamas your resort of choice when next traveling.
Many Thanks
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Aside from the obvious that soooo many before me have complained about, I went with lowered expectations and was still disappointed!

Let me just emphasize that the service and staff are absolutely what made my vacay memorable!

Here are the pluses:
-close to airport
-gorgeous, spectacular, magnificent beach
-all inclusive (if that's your thing)
-fairly small (no shuttle or train needed to get around
-close to other attractions (Atlantis)

Here are the negatives:
-COLD pool (not heated)
-very amateur entertainment in evenings
-not much in the way of poolside fun
-no organized beach activities
-waaaay too many underage kids that were loud, rude, obnoxious and drunk ALL the time (we expected lots of march/spring break kids but they had no respect for anyone including security and hotel staff not to mention other guests or eachother!!!)
-food choices although good tasting were limited with lots of repeats
-floors were "greasy" feeling and very slippery
- no balconies!!!! I really missed that
-the disco catered only to the underagers

I really like the Bahamas and may even go back but IF I was even to consider this resort, I would NEVER EVER EVER go on March break week again!!!!

That's it that's all

• Stayed March 2013
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Zumbastic,
Thank you for your feedback further to your visit to Breezes Bahamas.It is unfortunate that
your visit did not meet with expectations and we extend our apologies.Our resort caters
to certain repeat spring break groups over the months of March and April.All of our
travel partners are aware of our spring break element during the noted period.We are
truly sorry that you were not apprised of same and that there presence contributed
negatively.We can assure you that those visitors not of legal age are seperately banded
and are not served alcoholic beverages.All such groups are heavily chaperoned.
We trust that you will visit with us again outside of the periods where we have a younger
business segment.
Again,thank you for sharing your observations.
Regards,
General Manager.

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!