“Resort itself was AMAZING...SCAM artists, not so much” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

You added Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas to your Saves list
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street | PO Box C, Nassau 13049, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Resort itself was AMAZING...SCAM artists, not so much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Let me preface my review by saying that the actual Breezes Resort and employees had NOTHING to do with the scam artist that destroyed my wedding. Charmaine (General Manager) actually used her own personal vehicle to assist us in my family's time of need.

That being said lets start with the basics: Room was outdated, but fine (My husband and I just require clean- no frills) Our second room was clean- we had to swap the first one because it smelled terribly of mold and I didnt want us to get sick. Bed was comfortable although we came here for our wedding/honey moon so we didnt sleep much. We both LOVED the food, for the price you pay you get an amazing array of food that changes everyday. There is definitely something for everyone. All the complainers should just pay 4X the amount and go to Atlantis if they were expecting 5star food.

The staff was awesome. We had wedding planners who set everything up for us. Our wedding was changed to indoors last minute due to weather and the balcony-type location we ended up having it at was gorgeous, palm trees and ocean in the background- all my pictures were perfection! Because we stayed 6+ nights the wedding was FREE and this included wedding planner, paper work, decor in your wedding colors, music, minister, cake, champs, boutineers, bouquets- and Im telling you everything was gorgeous. We took pics throughout the ceramony and on the beach over looking the blue waters (the sun came out for us especially) Overall beautiful memories.

Until my brother was ARRESTED. I will make this long, long, LONG story- short. SO, my brother and male family members were getting sloshed the night before the wedding (I was getting my beauty sleep). And apparently there was a woman (who had been on their connecting flight in Philly AND on the bus to the actual resort) who followed my brother out of the club and started trying to make out with him in a dark corner of the resort (3am) In the end she and and associate (random male local with dreds NOT an employee but knew all the employees very well) told the authorities that my brother was' aggressive with her'. We found out later that this could land him in jail for 10 years OR a 10,000 fine.
The scam artist- woman tried to provoke my family to bribe and/or threaten her (which could add 15 years to my brothers potential sentence) After 7 days in jail and $1,700 (lawyer fees) later.. my brother was released due to lack of evidence. We discovered later that this wasnt her first time at the rodeo and she had done this before, we suspect she might work with some of the police officers.

During this traumatic experience, Charmaine was a Godsend to my mother and sister (who stayed longer to wait for my brother's release) She personally drove them all around the island, changed their room, and gave them free wi-fi so they could do research on Bahamian law. He was eventually released (and deported) and I am grateful to say is safe at home.

Despite this dark turn of events I am still sticking with my great review for this place, and my husband and I will be enjoying our 1st anniversary there in May (gratis, included in the wedding package). I do not blame the resort for this craziness. I blame the bat-crazy woman who tried to destroy my brother's life for a few thousand dollars. So go! Go to Breezes, just make sure you are aware of your surroundings! The woman was American btw, so do NOT get chatty with your neighbors on the bus!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Tara R,
Thank you for your review of Breezes Bahamas.We are pleased to note that despite the unfortunate situation regarding your brother your wedding was a success.Charmaine Grant
is indeed an exceptional employee and we are glad to note that her efforts did not go
un-noticed.
Again,thank you for sharing and looking forward to hosting you again.
Jackson Weech

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,006)
Bangor, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was my third year back to the Breezes Resort in Nassau. Already making plans for next year. The staff are all very friendly and the entertainment staff is the best. They make you feel so welcome and go out of there way to make sure your having a good time. The shows they put on are wonderful. I loved all the entertainment staff but Marvin had to be my favorite. It is so nice to go back to a place and they remember you. Funky D Band is great to. If you plan on a vacation this is the place to go.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear BelindaWReed,
Thank you for making us your repeat resort.We are honored to have hosted you for
a third consecutive visit.Your comments in respect of our staff members are appreciated
and will be shared with the entire team.
We are grateful for the positive feedback.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our 7 nights at Breezes. The staff were helpful and friendly. the entertainment professional and fun. We had an Ocean front room - perfect. Waking up to that view was stunning. Room was a bit dated but very spacious, clean and comfortable. queen size bed. The shower was huge - big enough for 2 ;). Plenty to keep you occupied from staff cabaret nights to the more mellow piano bar. Sitting around a glass topped piano suggesting songs from the song book and joining in. Premium branded drinks. Food was practically 24/7. You'd never go hungry. Short bus ride to downtown Nassau is a must. We even walked it one day. Needed to walk off all that food. The local bus service seem to be privately owned. Mini buses that run until 6pm. On one day we were taken on a guided tour. What should have been a 10 minute bus ride turned into one hour. Such laid back Bahamian attitude. Straw market in downtown Nassau is huge. Be prepared to barter. Duty free liquor stores - very cheap booze and cigarettes (compared to the UK). Don't be fooled by the cloudy breezy days, my partner still got sun burnt rather bad - slather on that sun oil. I hadn't realised that the place would be host to Spring break college students - it was a bit annoying - something out of American Pie comes to mind. The dining hall could be rather loud and noisy. I'm pleased we only stayed 7 nights but overall it didn't spoil our holiday. Buy your duty free in Nassau as their airport is very disappointing for shopping. Doesn't even have an ATM or bureau de change. If you roll your own cigarettes buy your tobacco before you arrive as no where on the Bahamas sell tobacco.
For a 3* resort, this was excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Ocean Front room in the four-storey block - if you want peace and tranquility
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear HazeyD,
Thank you for your posting after having visited Breezes Bahamas.We are pleased to
have you note that yours was a 'great holiday'.We strive to provide an enviroment that
allows for our guests to have an enjoyable stay.Equally the fact that you found our varied
activities and environment most pleasing is encouraging.
We trust that you will make Breezes Bahamas your resort of choice when next traveling.
Many Thanks
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Aside from the obvious that soooo many before me have complained about, I went with lowered expectations and was still disappointed!

Let me just emphasize that the service and staff are absolutely what made my vacay memorable!

Here are the pluses:
-close to airport
-gorgeous, spectacular, magnificent beach
-all inclusive (if that's your thing)
-fairly small (no shuttle or train needed to get around
-close to other attractions (Atlantis)

Here are the negatives:
-COLD pool (not heated)
-very amateur entertainment in evenings
-not much in the way of poolside fun
-no organized beach activities
-waaaay too many underage kids that were loud, rude, obnoxious and drunk ALL the time (we expected lots of march/spring break kids but they had no respect for anyone including security and hotel staff not to mention other guests or eachother!!!)
-food choices although good tasting were limited with lots of repeats
-floors were "greasy" feeling and very slippery
- no balconies!!!! I really missed that
-the disco catered only to the underagers

I really like the Bahamas and may even go back but IF I was even to consider this resort, I would NEVER EVER EVER go on March break week again!!!!

That's it that's all

• Stayed March 2013
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Zumbastic,
Thank you for your feedback further to your visit to Breezes Bahamas.It is unfortunate that
your visit did not meet with expectations and we extend our apologies.Our resort caters
to certain repeat spring break groups over the months of March and April.All of our
travel partners are aware of our spring break element during the noted period.We are
truly sorry that you were not apprised of same and that there presence contributed
negatively.We can assure you that those visitors not of legal age are seperately banded
and are not served alcoholic beverages.All such groups are heavily chaperoned.
We trust that you will visit with us again outside of the periods where we have a younger
business segment.
Again,thank you for sharing your observations.
Regards,
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were more than pleased with our experience at Breezes. The staff was extremely nice and friendly. More than once they went out of their way to be helpful. The resort is in a good location in Nassau and kept up well. It is near the bus stop where you can travel to town easily. Despite having some cloudy/rainy weather, there were activities planned and enjoyable afternoon and evening entertainment. Enjoyed time at the pool and the beach as well. Both of the fine dining restaurants were very good and the buffet had a wide assortment of dishes to try. We would love to go back again as it was a great place for a couple to relax with no worries.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AtlantaAuburnFan,
Thank you for your positive feedback after your visit to Breezes Bahamas.We are
happy to note that we met your expectations and that your vacation was enjoyable.
We look to hosting you in the near future.
Regards,
Howell, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Bahamas Breezes resort in January. Breezes is a wonderful resort. I want to thank Natalie of guest relations for making all of our reservations at the restuarants, and making our wedding anniversary very special. My husband and I were suppose to celebrate our anniversary at the resort back in October, but Hurricane Sandy decided to visit breezes and we had to postpone our vacation. Natalie made sure that we celebrated in style. We had champange and anniversary t-shirts in our room. She made sure we were taken care of. The food was great. I liked the Garden of Eden the best. The nightly entertainment was excellent. Funky D was great!!!! The beach was just beautiful. Our rooms were very nice. Yes I did say rooms!! The first day of our stay we were down graded to a ocean view room, which was nice. The next day our ocean front room was available. I would say that was the only disappointing part of our trip. We will be planning a vacation back to the Breezes resort!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Squeeza616,
Thank you for you review.We are pleased that our team-members contributed so highly to
ensuring that your vacation exceeded expectations.We are committed to ensuring that
all aspects of our guests vacations are enjoyable in nature.
We truly look to having the pleasure of hosting you on a return visit.
Best Regards,
Little Suamico, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

First off I need to comment on another post I just read regarding the "high school kids". If you read the description in the hotel, along with most other hotels in the Bahamas, you will see they clearly state "18 years of age is considered an adult". The drinking age is also 18. I cannot expect the hotel to turn away 18 year old adults from paying the same as anyone else to stay at their hotel. And honestly they were not that bad.
I do have to say the hotel staff absolutely takes care of the "older people" (my husband and I are in our mid-thirties) when it comes to service in any area of the resort. The staff is amazing. They remember your name and the bar staff at the pool bar remembers what you drink!
I agree the rooms are slightly dated and could use a little sprucing up, but the bathrooms have been updated. We thought the king bed was comfy. I do wish the rooms would come with a refrigerator, would be nice to keep bottled water cool.
I also agree with other guests that said the pool is cold. A pool heater would be great, and seems crazy that they don't have a heater... The ocean was warmer when we were there, but we were not able to swim due to the tide or something..it was pretty rough. Can't beat the massive amount of lounges the resort has, you don't have to get up by 6:00 a.m. to "reserve" them. That was a major plus.
The food was a lot better than the numerous all-inclusive resorts I have stayed at in Mexico. A lot of variety on the buffets and they change it up daily.
All in all this was a great vacation and I don't have any "real" complaints. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Erin A,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Breezes Bahamas.Your comments
in particular relative to staff services are appreciated as this is a primary focus for our team.
We do cater to a wide cross section of guests and provide an environment that has something
for everyone.
Again,thank you for your review.
General Manager.

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!