Just returned from Breezes on what started out as a nice vacation but got derailed by the arrival of a couple hundred high schoolers on graduation/senior trip. Although they were minors they didn't seem to have any trouble getting alcoholic drinks. With 1 chaperone for about every 30 kids there was very little control. They made the college age people on spring break seem mild. The lounge in the resort that they were supposed to go to didn't close until 3 A.M, and then they went to their rooms were they were very noisy, making it hard to sleep.If the resort advertises as an adults only resort they shouldn't allow hundreds of minors without parents! We were not expecting this at all and will not be returning unless the policy is changed. I know after talking to several other guests that they were not happy with the kids either.
As to the resort itself, it was pretty nice. Don't expect a 5 star resort (when it is not advertised as one) and you won't be disappointed. The staff was very nice, seeming to be in a good mood all the time. No problem checking in other than not being able to get a room with a king bed as requested on our reservation.
I can't say enough about how great an entertainer the talented Funky D is! Along with his band they really made the evenings enjoyable!
The resort provided a lot of things to do most of the day and evenings. Seems like there was something to participate in most of the time.
The beach left a lot to be desired. There was lots of seaweed in the water and piled on the beach. Because of the wind and waves we were not allowed in the water. On the plus side there were plenty of chairs to lay on.
The pool was too cold to swim in. Definitely needs to be heated.
The food was pretty typical for an all-inclusive resort. The best part was you could eat somewhere any part of the day and most of the night. Ate at both alacarte restaurants and would recommend eating at them as much as possible. They were very good!
If you want to take a chance on spending your vacation with LOTS of underage kids many of whom are drinking this might be the resort for you. As for us it's not worth the risk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first and only Super-Inclusive resort in The Bahamas. 400 rooms and suites situated on almost 1000-ft of the powder-white sands of Cable Beach, the island's best beach. Here virtually everything you can eat, drink & do in one simple, upfront price - with no tipping allowed. Tennis, snorkeling, rock climbing, sailing, flying trapeze! Three restaurants plus a beach grill. Four bars. Nightclub and piano bar. All included! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort Bahamas Hotel Nassau
- Superclubs Breezes Bahamas Nassau
- Breezes Nassau
- Super Club Breeze Bahamas
- Breezes Superclub Bahamas
- Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas Nassau