“Adults only?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

You added Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas to your Saves list
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Breezes Lane | PO Box CB-13049, Nassau 00, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Nassau
Stewartsville, Missouri
“Adults only?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just returned from Breezes on what started out as a nice vacation but got derailed by the arrival of a couple hundred high schoolers on graduation/senior trip. Although they were minors they didn't seem to have any trouble getting alcoholic drinks. With 1 chaperone for about every 30 kids there was very little control. They made the college age people on spring break seem mild. The lounge in the resort that they were supposed to go to didn't close until 3 A.M, and then they went to their rooms were they were very noisy, making it hard to sleep.If the resort advertises as an adults only resort they shouldn't allow hundreds of minors without parents! We were not expecting this at all and will not be returning unless the policy is changed. I know after talking to several other guests that they were not happy with the kids either.

As to the resort itself, it was pretty nice. Don't expect a 5 star resort (when it is not advertised as one) and you won't be disappointed. The staff was very nice, seeming to be in a good mood all the time. No problem checking in other than not being able to get a room with a king bed as requested on our reservation.

I can't say enough about how great an entertainer the talented Funky D is! Along with his band they really made the evenings enjoyable!

The resort provided a lot of things to do most of the day and evenings. Seems like there was something to participate in most of the time.

The beach left a lot to be desired. There was lots of seaweed in the water and piled on the beach. Because of the wind and waves we were not allowed in the water. On the plus side there were plenty of chairs to lay on.

The pool was too cold to swim in. Definitely needs to be heated.

The food was pretty typical for an all-inclusive resort. The best part was you could eat somewhere any part of the day and most of the night. Ate at both alacarte restaurants and would recommend eating at them as much as possible. They were very good!

If you want to take a chance on spending your vacation with LOTS of underage kids many of whom are drinking this might be the resort for you. As for us it's not worth the risk.

Room Tip: Had a room on the side where they are doing construction next door but was not bothered by noise fro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,124)
Burlington, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

What happens in the Bahamas stays in the Bahamas...so my review should end here.

But it doesn't. So in June 2012 we booked our second trip to Breezes Nassau for February 13-20, 2013. As we arrived at the hotel, Natalie and Ginger's smiling faces were there at reception again. It's such a great feeling to go back to somewhere that feels like home. Within seconds, Natalie remembered us, checked us in efficiently to a perfect room and got us dinner reservations for 2 nights at Eden and Martinos. Being a returning guest at Breezes has it's benefits, including the returning guest reception and knowing the entire weekly entertainment schedule. The food at Breezes is great - the Beach Grill has amazing jerk chicken, salads and conch fritters. The buffet is never short of options. Eden and Martinos both offer excellent service and delicious food.

We sang, we wore togas, we danced in togas, we sumo wrestled, we swam, we drank, we ate, and we enjoyed the limitless hospitality and friendliness of the staff at Breezes. You need to sumo wrestle. Marvin is marvelous, Philly is phantastic, Charmaine is the incredible cook behind your dinners at Eden and Lavardo provides excellent service, and Clarence has got your back at 2:00am when only chicken and grits will save you!

Funky D's nightly entertainment means you'll never be short of great Mo Town hits to sing along with. Magic shows, fire shows, dance shows, singing.....the entertainment staff here give 1000% every day. I read this on someone else's review and it made me laugh.....IF YOU DON'T HAVE FUN AT THE BREEZES, IT'S PROBABLY YOU.

Our weather wasn't the best, we had a storm pass through that resulted in 3 days of torrential rain and cool weather, but when else can you sit in a hot tub, with a rum punch, while Caribbean torrential rain pours down on you. Some people blame the resort for bad weather, which is completely ridiculous. If you want to have fun, you'll have fun, plain and simple.

Collect your Breezes Bucks! All you have to do is participate and negotiate (winning is just a bonus). Breezes Tokens buy you stuff in the gift shop and give meaning and purpose to your week. Husband and I earned 1140 Breezes Bucks which we traded for shot glasses for all four of our kids, and pens to fill in our customs forms when we went home. How awesome is that??

So thanks again to our fantastic peeps at the Breezes. Marvin, Lavardo, Charmaine, Philly and Clarence.Y'all are awesome and we can't wait to see you next year!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Donaghadee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Weather great, room of a high standard, and food is to a good standard with a selection of restaurants. Have stayed in many hotels Worldwide and normally would rate this as 3-4 star but the staff are incredibly kind and attentive, hence I gave a 4 star rating. They can't do enough for you. Maybe try and avoid Spring Break if you dislike teenagers, as a lot of students there but hey, we were all young once! Good value for money with plenty to do. Thank you all for this much needed break. Colin and Fiona.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fred454
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

If you are looking to just relax poolside or on the butter soft beach with no worries about planning your next meal, this hotel will deliver. Nothing fancy in terms of accommodations or decor, but really friendly & helpful staff. Close to airport or bus to downtown. Again, nothing fancy but a relaxing get away & the open bars help set the mood.

Room Tip: I was looking for quiet, so a room facing the outside (non-poolside) & upper floor was perfect...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This review is long overdue, as I went to Breezes back in June 2012... but I figured it's better late than never.

I will start by saying that I received a huge discount on this trip, so it was one of the cheapest vacations I have ever taken. Based on some of the negative reviews online I assumed it was good I had paid so little, and had low expectations going in. In retrospect, I wouldn’t have been upset if I had paid full price. The amazing amazing amazing staff makes your vacation worth every penny.

We arrived early afternoon and were quickly checked in. Our room was perfectly satisfactory. Nothing extravagant, but definitely clean so I was fine with it. We were informed that the restaurants were booked for the night, which was okay because we had 7 days ahead of us to enjoy the food. Little did I know, my boyfriend managed to sneak away, make friends with the bar staff down by the pool, and came back moments later with a reservation for that evening. As we headed to the restaurant that night I was suddenly re-routed and found myself out on the beach, with a private dinner set up under the gazebo. Of course he had paid extra for this, but they were able to set it up with a few hours notice and the meal was fabulous. One of the waiters from the Garden of Eden served us a 5 course dinner – the soup was my favorite. The waiter was great (running from the restaurant to the beach with hot plates of food) and even helped coordinate the proposal that followed our meal! For the rest of the trip we were “the engaged couple.” Literally the ENTIRE staff knew who we were. They congratulated us during the evening entertainment later that night and then the other guests knew who we were too. I felt like a celebrity as random women approached asking to see the ring and offering their congrats.

The remainder of our trip was flawless from a hospitality perspective (we had some small hiccups entirely unrelated to our service at the resort). The bartenders had drinks in your hand before you could even ask, and offered plenty of suggestions on other tropical concoctions to try out. The entertainment staff was fabulous. Every day down by the pool they had a variety of events, and even on the days we decided to skip them and just relax I never found the noise annoying. It would only last an hour or two so there were plenty hours of quiet to enjoy as well. Not to mention, they made a continued effort to learn our names, which was impressive.

The buffet food was decent, and even though there were a few items I didn’t enjoy – it was free – go back up and try something else! There was always something worthwhile to eat and tons of variety each day. The restaurants were good, but I liked Garden of Eden better than Martino’s. We ate at each twice.

We only made it to the nightclub one night (sun and alcohol all day takes a lot out of you!) but it was relatively rowdy (as a good club should be!). It was pajama night and the staff hosted funny games and taught hilarious dances. I felt like I was taking a Zumba class – and absolutely loved it. It is set downstairs and very far away from any rooms, so the late night noise isn't an issue for any guests.

The only thing I have to add is that I can't speak highly enough about the staff here. From day 1 to day 7 they were unbelievably friendly, helpful, and accommodating. I can not thank them enough.

In 2 weeks I’m headed off to Breezes Negril with all my girls for my bachelorette. My only hope is that they live up to the expectations set in the Bahamas. Fabulous vacation.

Room Tip: I heard before we left to request a room on the top 2 floors, which I did. Our room was acceptable...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had second thoughts about my choice pre trip due to the incredibly opposite reviews I read here. I am a bit of a hotel snob, so was prepared for the worst but hoped for the best!

About 3 minutes in I knew i had worried for nothing! Fabulous welcome, beautiful day, yummy drinks and room ready despite it being just past noon. I did upgrade to oceanfront when i booked and one walk into room 477 made me glad i did! The view through the balcony doors made me say one word! WOW! I continued to say that word for each of the days I spent at Breezes! (feb 23rd-27th)

Room Itself spotlessly clean, no musty smell, bed was comfy, bathroom clean and spacious and again THE VIEW!

The Beach in my opinion- was amazing. Even if the rest had been terrible....I may have overlooked for the beach! Lots of loungers, lots of space, warm water and very little seaweed. Pool area was also nice, water a tab cool but bearable!

The food was really good. Buffet had lots of choice and staff was friendly and attentive. Loved the pasta station! My favorite meal is breakfast so the buffet was FANTASTIC ! Omelette Station ROCKED! Also enjoyed the pool grill and our final night was at Garden of Eden and that was really fabulous too!

Drinks YUMM Thank you to the pool bar ladies for suggesting Hummingbird...delish think Grown up Milkshake! Also enjoyed the Pina Colada slush machine in the lobby bar...and the bottle of rum on the bar to add to the slush!

I am a huge pop drinker(soda to my american friends ) and was thrilled this was a pepsi resort! Even more thrilled to find that the gift shop sold cans of diet pepsi for a dollar!!!!!

Speaking of Gift Shop- I was really surprised at the shopping on resort. The prices were comparable, if not better than in dowtown Nassau! In Jewel of the Seas Jewelry store, I was excited to find such a great selection of Pandora charms!. WAY better than anything downtown that was picked over by the cruise ship traffic. I also found some lovely conch shell jewelry and the Uniquely Bahamas Store and bought some great souvenirs in the gift shop!

There were lots of activities at night and really enjoyed Funky D and the band! Got the crowd going and were awesome musicians. Lobby bar was a great place to people watch as well!

As for Nassau itself, easy to get downtown on the number 10 bus. Went to Hard Rock, Senor Frogs and spent a lovely afternoon at Ardastra Zoo...go feed the lorikeets...It's amazing!

Final comment is to the staff..Thank you...always a smile , always a hello and always amazing service. Don't Change!

My travel partner in crime summed it up best: Breezes is Summer camp for adults! No worries, a super relaxed and casual atmosphere and the perfect place to do as much or as little as you wanted!

Am already planning a return!

Room Tip: You must go Oceanfront!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Belleville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were treated very well here, we got married here and everyone was VERY nice and handled everything for us which was awsome! It rained the first 3 days we were there, and this led to the hotel leaking and the elevators breaking down. :S
The hotel needs to be updated, it very run down, but they keep it very clean.
The food was ok, not great but ok. The lobster bisque was AMAZING! The crab salad was to die for!! YUMMY! The wine was TERRIBLE!!!
It was very easy to catch a bus and head downtown, or over to the atlantis to do some gambling or (like we did) swimming with the dolphins or sea lions.
We got fantastic wedding photos, and don't regret anything.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Bellakimmie,
Thank you for your review of SuperClubs Breezes Bahamas.We are pleased to note that in
the main your vacation was enjoyable in nature.We should advise that our property is
subject to continual upgrades and we are constantly improving our physical facility.
We can assure you that the challenge that existed with an elevator was isolated in nature
and the result of a power surge.Our roofs are in a pristine state of repair and any water
intrusion not associated with leaking roofs.You would note that the central entertainment area
is open and protected by electronic shutters.We can confirm that in one instance a
faulty relay contributed to a single shutter not closing as quickly required.Again our
apologies in this regard.We are committed to providing the best in terms of both our
staff services and physical plant.
Thank you for sharing and we look to hosting you again.
Regards,
Jackson Weech
General Manager.

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!