“very nice hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

You added Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas to your Saves list
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street | PO Box C, Nassau 13049, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Brampton
“very nice hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I found the room was elegant, clean, comfortable and large. I thought the food was ample and quite delicious. There were local dishes, some Jamaican choices and plenty of seafood and other choices. Booze will flow if you want it. Staff were friendly and helpful and abundant. Internet was down. The pools did not look too inviting. The ocean was lovely and welcoming to swimmers. Beach was pretty. On stage nightly entertainment. Great performance by a limbo artist and the Junkaroo Parade! Easy transport by frequently running jitties (small buses). I found Nassau quaint and charming in some areas. I took a ferry to Paradise Island:Nassau and Paradise Island are very touristy to say the least. A lot of hawking going on. These destinations are very safe for pedestrians and tourists. Lots of cops around. They have some nice jewelery, beautiful fabric dresses and scarfs and rum cakes for sale and the booze is cheap to take home. It was windy and cool at the beginning of March 2013. The Bahamians reported it as a cold front.
PS: I wandered through a couple of the massive neighbourhood hotels and was glad I chose the Breezes. Breezes was more comfortable and charming to me in comparison.

Room Tip: I had what was called a garden room, I could see the ocean from the window although I didn't upg...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,012)
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Love the Bahamas and love this resort. If you are looking for a resort with tons of fun activities and friendly staff-this is it. I really like the smaller size of the resort- it was easy to get around and by the end of our vacation I felt like I knew everyone there. The entertainment staff are fun and energetic and are good at getting guests involved in the beach games. Marvin is the best and really went out of his way to make our vacation fun!!! The shows in the evening were entertaining and I loved listening and dancing to Funky D and his band every night. My favorite bartender is Kyle in the lobby bar-stop by and see him and he will make you a great drink!!!
I had kind of low expectations for our room but was pleasantly surprised. We had a beautiful view over looking the ocean. The beds and cot were comfortable. Thought I would miss not having a refrigerator in the room but it didn't really matter.
Here are a couple things I would recommend:
1. Get involved in the beach games-it is a great way to meet other guests and the staff.
2. Bring your snorkeling equipment along-you can use it right off the beach and find star fish and beautiful shells.
3. Treat yourself to a massage-Shelly and Marcel were great!!!
4. If you are eating outside, never leave your food unattended-there will be an attack of the seagulls if you do.
5. Try the climbing wall and the trapeze-Edwin the instructor will get you through it. I didn't do it cause I was scared and now I wish I had.
6. Be prepared to have a whole lot of fun.
I know there are some things that can be improved in this resort but you will never find another resort with friendlier staff and so many fun things to do-I can't wait to return!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

If you want a place where all your going to do is drink, this is the place. Our room smelled pretty bad, a musty smell, luckily we travel with some febreeze! The pool is freezing! something that you would not expect.
If you want to go to sleep early you cant, the live band plays until midnight in which you can here in your room.
The food is ok, but not great.
The beach is the best part, we found a starfish and one of the locals trying to sell you rides on a boat cleaned it for us.
The one thing about here is the workers/servers, they are very good.
I would not stay here again. It needs some serious updates.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up & a view opposite of the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I orginally stayed at Breezes in October 2012 and I was there during Hurricane Sandy. I was given 2 free nights to accommodate the time I was kept at the resort due to the hurricane. Since I last visited there had been some improvements made. The food was much better this time around and there was a better variety. The room I stayed in was not the best however it appears that the resort is under construction and making improvments. The entertainment staff was great as always; Justin, Em Jay, Jarod, and Jerry showed my friends and I a great time. Jarvis, one of the wait staff, was also exceptionally helpful and made sure that we had everything that we needed. My friends and I plan on putting Breezes on our calendar to visit year after year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Rochester, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My friends and I traveled Feb. 23-March 2nd. Our first impression was not the best. We had thought we were getting two double beds and by the time we got to the 8th floor we only had one king bed for three girls. We were tired from traveling but hauled our luggage back down and ended up being told they didn't have two double beds. We were then assigned to room 535 on on the 5th floor, it was quiet at night because it was at the end of the hall. We decided to make the most of it and got a roll away. It was ocean front and that is what we had requested. As others have mentioned the rooms are dated and we noticed our room had a rusted toilet paper holder and broken drawer. The Junkanoo parade they had that night was worth staying up for no matter how tired we were! Funky D provided fun entertainment at night, he was amazing. The toga party was great, the staff do an amazing job! We joined in all the games they had during the day and it was a blast. You save the tokens and can use them to get small gifts in the gift shop. Security was great! I would highly recommend a day trip to Atlantis. It was stunning! They provide options for a 5 hour pass or 8 hour in the lobby. The bus is 1.25 one way to town to go shopping at the straw market and the bus stop is right next to the resort. We kept hearing about the Fish Fry and thought it was a restaurant so went down there one night. It is a bunch of restaurants where people are standing around soliciting you to come into their restaurant. I could have passed this by. Try the Garden of Eden restaurant. It was good. The buffet is basically the same each night. As other people have mentioned the pool is on the cooler side. Bring water shoes and a snorkel mask for the ocean you can look for star fish and feed the fish (get some bread from the buffet). Yes, there is some garbage in the ocean and it was sad to see this. The water however is very clear and beautiful. We had a great time with the entertainment staff. Marvin was Marvelous!!! He really made the trip for us. Being it was a smaller resort we met so many wonderful people we hung out with at night. No matter where we go we make the most of it.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Fremont, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

before choosing breezes we read the reviews and seen many "just okay" reviews but for the price we thought lets give it a try... a WISE choice...

yes the property is a bit dated, but well maintained, and the staff MORE then makes up for it..
everyone from the front desk to the poolside grillers made you feel very comfortable and at home

rooms are cozy and clean.. only complaint is no mini fridge to keep water cool for the night, but a bucket of ice in the sink did the trick..

the food was great... buffet style and had a great selection... you wont go hungry here... ate at the italian ala cart and was suprisingly good... give it a shot..

unfortunately the weather was a bit chilly for a few day we were there, but the day we did sit on the beach it was clean and well groomed. yes a few venders but once you declined the moved on... and alway security near by...

and last but not least by any means... the entertainment is WONDERFUL. always something to do...

we had a great time and will return... best piece of advice we could give... know this is not a 5 star resort going in...and ENJOY.....

THANKS BREEZES FOR HELPING US ENJOY THE BAHAMAS !!!

Room Tip: upgrade to ocean view... try to stay above third floor, seems like the palms might block some of tha...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We first came to this resort in 1998 and they have not updated a thing since. The rooms are the same but they did some bathroom upgrades. The hotel is in a great location only about 15min. from airport. We thought the staff was great we got to know a few of them and Angela at the pool bar was awsome!!!! The food was average but about the same as other all inclusive resorts we stayed at. The Garden of Eden outdoor restaurant was a nice romantic place to eat with great service. Lots of outdoor activity at the pool, and inside( pool and ping pong tables helped us get through a rainy day). If they would invest a little money into the place it could be a 4 or 5 star resort. I think the new casino next door will put this place out of business when its done!!!! Overall it was fun and would stay again for the price. Just dont expect to be blown away by the resort!!

Room Tip: We forgot to ask for a non-smoking room so that smell lingered in rm# 403 which was loud due to bein...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!