“Michigan Ladies have a blast at Breezes in Bahamas!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Save Saved
You added Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas to your Saves list
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street | PO Box C, Nassau 13049, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 33 hotels in Nassau
Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States
“Michigan Ladies have a blast at Breezes in Bahamas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Four of us Michigan ladies took a one week vacation to Breezes in Nassau, Bahamas to celebrate a Big 50 birthday. The trip was absolutely wonderful. Breezes is a great value for the money, it was approx. $1200 per person for roundtrip airfare, hotel, meals, drinks & entertainment. The hotel was nice, rooms were fine, pool area nice, and the best was the daily poolside & evening entertainment. Thanks a bunch to the entertainment crew of: Nevado, Justin, Em-Jay, Avril, Philly, Jared, Funky D, Limbo Man, Magician, Toga cast & more. All of you made our trip so much fun. Next to the fabulous bartenders of; Carrie, Michele, Avendelle, Lakeisha, Michael & more. Each trip to the bar was a nice greeting by the bartenders. We made so many friendships with guests & staff members throughout the week.....thanks. We are looking forward to making Breezes in Nassau an annual trip for us ladies!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

5,091 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (894)
Lunenburg, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Spent 5 days there. The buffet food was usually cold, and not much variety. 2 nights I ate salad items for dinner as there was nothing but fish fish fish which I dont eat. Unless you got the food when you saw them put it out, it was cold, Think they better check their warming system. The specialty restaurant were good. The pool was ice cold, needs heating. The ocean so cold feet were frozen in about 2 minutes. We left at 3 am to catch our flight to Nassau, got to hotel around noon, they would not let us check in until 3pm even thought they had rooms ready We had to check out by 11am so didnt really get 5 full days for the price.We went to lunch at buffet, then had to sit in lobby til 3, exhausted as we were. In the check in process, the questionaire asked if we were celebrating, we answered yes our anniversary and provided the date they asked for. Why? no acknowledgement of our day was mentioned by anyone . Saturday was cloudy so we went downtown to do our shopping etc. We got back to no water in room, another traveler said it was out all day.That was the first time. Out of the 5 days we were there, there were 3 other days we woke to no water. It did come back in hour or so, but really 4 out of 5 days water problems is awful. Update your system. While our room and bed was very comfortable the view was of the contruction next door which went on 24/7. 3am and floodlights were on shining in room, thankfully drapes blocked most of it. On the bright side, the staff was friendly, helpful, courteous and the lady who cleaned our room awesome. The hair dryer in our room died, and maintenance was there in half hour with new one. The staff was awesome,but the rest of it not worth the cost. One last thing, we were told there was no pickup at airport, so we got taxi to Breezes, which cost $20. We later found out from another guest that there was a shuttle at airport to bring the guests to hotel. They did take us to airport when we checked out.

Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Initially, we were a little worried after reading some of the poor reviews about the Breezes. At the end of the week, however, we were disappointed to be leaving. We had a fabulous time and found most of the complaints unwarranted....and yes, we have travelled to many destinations, so this is not our first "All- Inclusive".

Pros....
Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. We had a drink in our hands within minutes of arrival....Thanks Kim!
Entertainment staff was outstanding...these kids work from sunup to sundown and are always smiling...Thanks Marvin, Lady Philly, Lady Tiffany and Justin!
Rooms were very clean (I don't know what rooms some of these reviewers were staying in, but our rooms were not musty or "outdated"...Carribean decor is not exactly like you might find in metropolitan areas of the United States)....as for the humidity at the resort...I guess some people would have the government of the Bahamas install an island-wide dehumidifier.
The breakfast and lunch buffet were great, as was the outdoor grill. The dinner buffet wasn't as good, but the two restaurants (Eden and Martinos) were fabulous!
Entertainment was great. The piano player at the bar was excellent, despite all the drunks trying to overpower his singing (sorry....) Funky "D" was hilarious and put on a great show nightly! (Ask him for the big bamboo!...google it!) There were all sorts of games and activities all day and night to keep everyone busy.
People have complained about weak drinks...just ask for a double or triple...or better yet, buy a blue Breezes cup and have them half-fill it with vodka, then the mix! (then keep it for a souvenier!) Angela at the outdoor bar was superb!
Great security...beach vendors didn't really hassle us on the beach, and security at the front of the hotel was helpful with bus information, etc...(thanks Leroy....hope Jaws didn't get you when you got home!)
Medical staff was on hand responding immediately to injuries (a couple people got hurt while we were there....just minor injuries)

Cons...
Upstairs bar service was a little slow, and there was a slight rotten smell in that bar area.
Some of the guests are a little sketchy....we found a hypo needle on the basketball court, so either we had a heroine addict among us, or a diabetic had too much dessert. (Staff took care of the needle immediately after we told them)
If you are a big karaoke fan, bring your own disks....their selection is a little thin, and some of the disks don't work properly
Dinner buffet was not the greatest....definitely go to the restaurants!
Some people ignore the signs that say "don't feed the seagulls"...guess what happens....seagulls swarm the outdoor grill area! Figure it out people!!! DON'T FEED THE SEAGULLS!...this means YOU speedo! (you know who you are!)

Helpful hints to make this a great vacation....
Get involved in the games....some people call the games "lame", but those kids work hard to get guests involved...and it is lots of fun!
Go see Captain Roscoe on the beach and spend the few dollars to go on the "booze cruise"....you won't be disappointed!!!
Take the number 10 bus and go to the straw market area....stop by at Senor Frogs for lunch!
Go find the Hurricane bar....it is in the basement across from Martinos....lots of people don't even know it's there!
Make sure to spend a night in the piano bar....the pianist knows so many songs, it's amazing. Drink the white wine there and get really drunk!

In summary, this resort was a great value, and an excellent place to have a fun time and party! If you are looking for a quiet place to rest your head at 10pm, don't bother going here! I think alot of the poor reviews come from people that are "old at heart" and don't like to get involved in any of the activities available (we are in our forties by the way....except Trudy.) I think some of the single, middle-aged women there were hoping to go on vacation and "hook-up" and when that doesn't happen, they leave a bitter review.

Thanks for the great time Breezes crew!!!
John (Old Nelly), Miss Trudy, Miss Rhonda, and Rob
We miss you Donny!
We will be back!

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was my first stay at Breezes and it was an excellent escape from reality! The hotel lacked luxury, but it was comfortable and fun! The room was simple, but the bed was comfortable. I enjoyed the breeze from the ocean with the sliding glass doors open, but would have enjoyed a walk-out balcony. The food was pretty good, the breakfast buffet and poolside grill being my favorites. The highlight of the trip was the entertainment- live band, fire dancer, limbo guy, Junkanoo parade, toga party, beach olympics, water balloon toss, and more! Two members of the entertainment crew really stand out- Marvin and Joey. Marvin was my toga designer, made it a point to know/remember my name, would call-out for me to join in activities, and was a fun conversationalist. Joey also made it a point to remember my name, involve me in activities/dancing, and would find time to chat during some down time. These two really helped me to have a great time and I earned two new friends! They have the best personalities and know how to get their guests to have fun and laugh. I hope to return to Breezes one day soon!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean-view room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Have stayed at other All-Inclusive resorts previously and was slightly disappointed in this property. Overall for the price it's not a bad place to stay if you're willing to put up with the small things which seem to add up. Worst part of the stay was our bed. We would get into it at night and and would very quickly meet in the middle with a solid thunk as we both rolled downhill. Food in the buffet never once changed in the 7 days we were there, just the same exact things provided every day. It was decent enough food but variety would be very nice. The two resturaunts were both nice once we figured out you had to make your reservation the day prior to when you wanted to go rather than the day of which is what we were told when we checked in. The staff were friendly and helpful and were always quick with a smile and to ask if you needed anything. One item I'm still working on is when we checked in they charged my credit card a $100 fee to be refunded if there were no damages to the room. Unfortunately I cannot find my bill to see if this was removed from my account and my credit card statement just has a total value charged to me which would be the items my wife billed to the room from the gift shop. Don't remember her getting $170 worth of items but I'm sure it's possible. So I called the toll-free number to ask about getting a new copy of my statement and was told I would have to call the resort direct (an expensive international call) and there is no contact e-mail address on the web-site and the folks at the toll-free number said that there was not one, that I would have to make the call. Seems as if they would have some electronic capabilities. Oh, that reminds me. They have wi-fi on-site for those folks that brought their laptops, I-Pads, etc. but if you want to use one of their two computers in the lobby it is $18/hour to use.

Aberdeen, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Beach had trash on it, rooms were ok, restaurants were great, bars were good, pool was freezing, buffet was the same for every meal it seemed, people were friendly, and overall it was just a mediocre hotel with a fancy name like Super Clubs Breezes that it really didn't live up too. Oh, and it seemed possible to use the kayaks and hobie cats, I tried everyday and I was turned down. So with that I give a poor review.

• Stayed December 2012
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

On our first trip, 5 years ago the front desk was so rude and not helpful at all. It was a very nice surprise this time. What a turnaround. They were so friendly and helpful. Congrats front desk. Good job!!! Everything else was great except one thing. Both trips the pools were too cold to swim in. We are Canadians and swim in our lakes but could not stay in the pools there. I think they need some heaters. Most of the time all pools were empty.That was sad.
Despite the front desk and cold pools on our first trip we decided to come back there because of Funky D. He did not disappoint us. He is so energetic and gets the crowd involved. Amazing showman and a really nice person. Canada loves you Funky D!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!