“Not really worth the money and it's on the cheaper end.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Save Saved
You added Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas to your Saves list
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street | PO Box C, Nassau 13049, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Aberdeen, South Dakota
“Not really worth the money and it's on the cheaper end.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Beach had trash on it, rooms were ok, restaurants were great, bars were good, pool was freezing, buffet was the same for every meal it seemed, people were friendly, and overall it was just a mediocre hotel with a fancy name like Super Clubs Breezes that it really didn't live up too. Oh, and it seemed possible to use the kayaks and hobie cats, I tried everyday and I was turned down. So with that I give a poor review.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (951)
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

On our first trip, 5 years ago the front desk was so rude and not helpful at all. It was a very nice surprise this time. What a turnaround. They were so friendly and helpful. Congrats front desk. Good job!!! Everything else was great except one thing. Both trips the pools were too cold to swim in. We are Canadians and swim in our lakes but could not stay in the pools there. I think they need some heaters. Most of the time all pools were empty.That was sad.
Despite the front desk and cold pools on our first trip we decided to come back there because of Funky D. He did not disappoint us. He is so energetic and gets the crowd involved. Amazing showman and a really nice person. Canada loves you Funky D!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bolton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed for 2wks Nov 2012.Room on 7th floor overlooking construction of new hotel next door and partial ocean view.Room large,comfortable bed,nice bathroom with walk in shower.Hotel is quite dated but suited our needs. The A la Carte restaurants serve lovely food and excellent service. Buffet restaurant had selection of food which was very tasty but unfortunately it was cold !!. Took the bus to Nassau and walked back along the coast road,took approx and hour, Went out to eat at Frankie gone Bananas,Arawak Cay,Fish Fry,the food and service were both excellent,the Conch Chowder was simply the best !!. Not the cheapest,but worth a visit.Hotel had nice big pool and beautiful beach,plenty of sunbeds,lots of shaded areas.We had a great time,Enjoy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Breezes back in August, and I just happened upon the notes I had jotted down during our stay of things to include in my review, so here goes. I feel like I should premise this by saying that we booked our trip to Breezes last minute because we thought it was such a great price for a trip to the Bahamas, and we thought we’d take a gamble on the bad reviews and go have a nice impromptu vacation. Given the chance to do it all over again – I would have opted to save the money that we spent, and put it toward something else (for example, with the money we spent going to Breezes, combined with the money we had already spent planning our next vacation, we could have gone to somewhere really, really nice)

I’ll start with the pros:

The beach is pretty, but that comes with the Bahamas. There was a bus stop basically right in front of the hotel, so you could easily go into town for a few bucks (the #10 bus) and the security staff was very helpful in telling us how to use the bus system. There was no tipping the staff, which we appreciate (all inclusive really should be just that). There were plenty of TV channels available (I know, who watches TV when you’re on vacation, but we were having a not-fantastic time, so we watched movie channels). There were plenty of activities available, especially at night. They did have some top-shelf liquors available at the bars. The cleaning staff always said hello in the hallways.

And now the cons:

Their restaurant reservation policy is ridiculous. You have to make your reservations the day before by calling a number from within the hotel during a set timeframe (like two or three hours) in the morning. We were there for three nights, and we not able to eat at either of the restaurants. The buffet food was mediocre at best, and you could obviously tell that they used the same food over and over again from previous meals until it was out.
The pools were filthy. You could actually see the cloudiness of the water, and scrape the gunk off of the tiles with your fingernail. It was so disgusting that my husband and I did not want to get in.
Our room was incredibly outdated. Some rooms that we walked past had tile floors, but ours had carpet, which constantly felt wet because of how humid the entire hotel was at all times. The drapes and bedding looked like they had been there for decades and desperately need to be updated. The bathroom had been renovated, so that was nice, except that there was what my husband identified to be as urine rust on the toilet paper roll holder and there was no bathtub.
The walls are paper-thin and you can hear everything that goes on in your hallway. And let me just tell you – the type of clientele at this place will keep you up verrrrrrrry late with their shenanigans (I was bothered and I’m in my mid-twenties). It felt like I was in a very low quality dorm.
The bar service was lacking, to say the least. The bartenders were often very rude. There is only one beer available. They have self-serve frozen drink machines that looked like they had never been cleaned. There is no consistency in the product you’re served – one drink could be very strong, and the next one you order could taste completely different and have very little alcohol at all.
The hotel was under some construction while we were there (hopefully trying to revamp the place), and it obstructed some walking areas. There was very little shade anywhere – not near the pools or on the beach.
The hotel just stunk. Like nasty humid moldy stinky GROSS.

All in all, the experience was a disappointment. The most fun that my husband and I had was the day that we spent exploring the city. If you’re on your senior trip after you graduate highschool, then this would be the perfect place. If not, then save your time and your money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with tile floors.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I am writing this review not as a previous guest of Breezes Resort Bahamas, but as what would have been a potential guest of the hotel. My coworker and I are educators. We planned a getaway vacation from November 6, 2012 to November 11, 2012, which was the week for the Teacher’s Convention in Atlantic City, to the Bahamas several months ago. Hurricane Sandy struck New Jersey and ravaged most of the state. Due to the hurricane, school was cancelled for the week of October 29, 2012 to November 2, 2012. Since Atlantic City, New Jersey was devastated by the storm, in order to make up the missed days of school, our district took away from our vacation days, which landed the same week we were supposed to go to the Bahamas. As a last minute decision, our school district informed us of the change in schedule.
We proceeded to call Expedia through whom we booked our trip to inform them that we needed to cancel due to the extenuating circumstances from Hurricane Sandy. My coworker and I were informed that we would not be able to receive the full refund because we did not cancel our vacation before October 30, 2012. During this time, we did not have any electricity, heat, hot water, or cell phone reception. How would that have been possible? After spending hours on the phone with Expedia speaking to four different individuals, a receptionist explained that Breezes Resort Bahamas would not cooperate and give us a full refund. Jet Blue Airlines was understanding and waived the $150.00 cancellation fee per ticket. We are disappointed with the management of Breezes Resort Bahamas. Their lack of compassion is appalling. The hotel even wanted proof that our school district was directly impacted by the hurricane by requesting we send a letter from Human Resources stating that school was in session for the week of November 6, 2012 to November 11, 2012. Were they watching the news or do they not have television in “Paradise”? We are disgusted that they doubted our integrity. It is atrocious at how avaricious, unsympathetic, and unresponsive the people at corporate have been. We even called the hotel directly several times to speak with management and they never returned our calls. They ultimately benefited from our loss. For a popular resort, it appears to me that they do not seem concerned about their customers or receiving positive reviews. Be sure that I will never give this hotel my business ever again. Based off of courtesy and customer service alone, I will never recommend this hotel to anyone. If I could rate Breezes a 0 out of 5, I would do so without hesitation.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Customer,
We note your comments.We have no record of any attempts having been made to contact our
resort in relation to the noted matter.Your correspondence clearly indicates that your substantive
contacts were with a third party.The negative impression you have sought to attribute to
our services is truly unfortunate,never having visited or speaking with the resort directly.
Regards,
Jackson Weech
General Manager.
Staten Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Its and old, poorly designed property with an indifferent staff, mediocre food, lackluster entertainment or lack thereof , overly loud, lame, poolside activities. If it was not for an amazing company of friends and exhilarating scuba diving in the Bahamas, the trip would have been a disaster.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
chelsea qc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

After a 15 minute drive from the airport, I arrived at the Breezes. I was welcomed in the lobby with a refreshing ice cold Island drink. The hotel is dated but there was a wide choice of activity. Near the lobby, there were pool tables, which were very popular, board games, exercise room etc. The snack bar grill near the pool was very popular. It offered hotdogs, burgers, fries, conch fritters, jerk chicken etc. Even though the hotel offers a couple of computers in the lobby and charge $7.50/15 minutes, there is free wifi in the lobby where you can sit at small cafe style tables, enjoy your drinks and check your emails. I went to Nassau solo so that I could photograph the birds of the Bahamas. I went birding with a very knowledgeable local bird guide called Carolyn Wardle, who also offers Nature Tours.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!