“Amazing Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

You added Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas to your Saves list
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Breezes Lane | PO Box CB-13049, Nassau 00, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Nassau
Toms River, New Jersey
“Amazing Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My two best friends and I visited Breezes May 15-22 2012. Our entire stay was amazing. When we arrived from the airport there was staff in the lobby greeting us and handing us drinks. The woman, Kim, at the front desk was so helpful and answered every question that we had. Colyn was awesome and super friendly. He helped us with our bags and showed us our room. From the first day on we had a blast. The entertainment staff made the trip unforgettable. There was always something to do, even if it was raining. We played beach games, did karaoke, beach volleyball, played bingo in the afternoon, and had awesome themed nights like the Pajama Party and Toga Night .Even just hanging out with Oscar, Marvin, Em-Jay, KJ, Tiff, and Philly on down times really made an impression on us. They made us feel so welcome and at home. Jarvis in the dinning room was a sweetheart and Bradley and Ingrid, the photographers, were always around when we needed a good picture.Even the maid that made up our room everyday was great. We always had sand on the floor from the beach, our clothes all over,and our shoes and blankets everywhere and she did a awesome job making everything neat for when we returned to the room. And I can't say enough about the bartenders. Even when we went up to them and said "just make us something good" they did a great job in doing so. We are all 20, so in the beginning of the week the crowd was a little older, but it still made for a great time. All the guest were friendly also and just looking to have a good time, just like us. The decoration is fun and festive and the atmosphere is so relaxing and refreshing. All in all we had the best time ever and we will be going back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,153)
Garfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

My sister, best friend and I stayed at the breezes May 15-22, we had an amazing time, from the time we walked in to the time we were geting on the bus to leave every employee we saw acknowledged us, & made us feel so welcomed. The activity although somewhat crazy made our trip unforgetable. The entertainment staff was amazing, they are a big reason why we will be going back next year, as well as the amazing shows put on every night, and the light carefree atmosphere the whole resort seem to always possess. Also loved the photographer that always seem to be there at the exact moment you wish you had your camera. The prices for there pictures are very reasonable. I could not have imagined a better trip. Can not wait to see all of our new Bahama friends again next year.

Room Tip: First time visitor should deffinatly choose a oceanview if not an oceanfront room, the view you get...
Crosby, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Visited Breezes Bahamas for a length of 10 days & 9 nights. This place was a total dump. We booked our wedding here and wow was it not the dream day my wife had in her mind. We were told we had to book certain photo packages because of the amount of people attending, really? Why does it matter to Breezes how many people are in our party, there are only 2 people getting married but I guess thats one way to make more money!!! We had 9 total rooms booked including ours. These rooms were terrible, smelled, you could hear EVERYTHING, very very out dated. We had to hunt down maids to get towels(if they had them) and toilet paper, bed was hard as a rock as well. The shower had worse water pressure than a garden hose and we reported this 5 or 6 times until we just decided nothing was going to be done about it so why waste any more breath. Most of our time was spent off the grounds. When we arrived and saw the gazebo(aka termites holding hands) I was furious. After seeing this I turned to say something to my wife and as she stared out at the ocean with tears rolling down her face because of the mis concepction we were sold on, my blood pressure instantly hit the roof. 4 of the 9 rooms were downgraded from oceanfront to oceanview with none of the things given in return being honored(dinner reservations, massages, re-imbursment, etc.), good customer service Breezes. Of the things detailed in our wedding package(30-40 different things) we recieved about 5 or 6 of them. When I sent a letter to the managment I was issued and "apology" with no indication of any money back for what we didn't recieve. I could go on all day about this craphole of a "resort" but as from other reviews I have read, I don't need too. All of the negative reviews hit 100% on point. The new RESORT The Bahamian will be coming in 2014 and is surely putting this place out of business. Will NEVER EVER return to this place, not even if I was on my death bed and going here would save my life.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Douglas IOM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Ignore any negative reviews this place is fun and excellent value for money for any age group .Yes it does look a bit tired but it is an old building but the rooms are clean.I wouldn't travel so far if it was bad.Clean rooms and sheets and the maids were excellent and always did our room early in the morning.The staff are always happy and don't expect tips which in my experience is very unusual.

Food and Drink- good variety from excellent fresh salads and fish to burgers, chips conch etc.2 speciality restaurants Edam is nice and you can sit outside although the service is slow well worth it and of course Martinos the inside Italian restaurant.Both are good but you need to ring at 9am to book it for that night.The Piano bar does afternoon tea sandwiches etc after the main buffet is shut and opens in the evening as a bar.The Pool bar is great with quick service and happy staff with a great variety of drinks including cocktails .

The Complex- nice pool you can play Pool volley ball go to the swim up bar or simply swim!!!
You can pay for a massage on site and there is a good gift shop with clothes toiletries and the usual knick knacks etc all reasonably priced.The gym is good and cool and well equipped.I could go on !!!Nice beach and lots of good evening entertainment plus fun things in the day like salsa dancing and pop quizzes to win prizes.

Things to do - catch the bus to downtown Nassau only $1.40 on a number 10 bus , visit the Ardastra zoo and gardens on the way brilliant fun with loads of species of rare animals and birds or if you are really into fishing - I would recommend using the three Queens boat owned by Stephen Rolle tel 242 457 2629 - his boat is brilliant and you won't be disappointed.We have fished with him about 5 times and it was well worth it.

Things to bring with you- a TORCH!!!unfortuantly last week the whole of Nassau had a generator failure so we had no water lighting - never mind these things happen in the Carribean!!All in all a brilliant holiday try this place you will hopefully have fun and love it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Visited in 2007 and chose this Hotel specifically for our sons. It is completely Americanised and busy and loud. Our sons has a wonderful time joining the show on Friday night, with one son on the trapeze and one on the trampoline. Went to Exuma Keys which was worth it, robinson crusoe land, wonderful. Stopped off at a little island and fed the Iguanas grapes. Went into Nassau and they had a Woolworths there, which was a huge surprise. First time I had ever been in a Casino a five minute walk away. We wouldnt go there again but would definitely recommend it for the younger ones.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Breezes May17-24. We also were given rooms keys that belonged to other guests. We were embarrassed after walking in on another couple and had to walk back down and wait on the long line again to ask for rooms that were not occupied already. Off the bat when this happened I immediately becamed worried. Would this happened to my room, and should I lock up all my stuff is what ran through my head. We agreed with allot of the negative reviews that were written. The food was not great, the workers could have been friendlier and the rooms were very outdated.
Restaurants we only were able to get into 2 out of the 6 night because you need to call the day before and we arrived at 3pm so we missed out the first two nights. Next night the Italian restaurant was closed. How do u close them when you only have 3 places to eat for everyone and the buffet was HORRIBLE.
The first floor smelled of mold as well as the piano bar. Entertainment was great the first 2 nights but after that it was very repetitive. We ventured out allot because we got bored of the same routines. They ran out of towels everyday. Outside and in the rooms. I had to call housekeeping on a daily basis.
When it rained there was no entertainment at all during the day which I thought was pretty depressing givin that was the day we arrived.
I'm not one to complain at all but I just thought there were a few things that definitely needed more attention.
Overall we were not impressed. I would not return or recommend this resort.

• Stayed May 2012
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
We acknowledge your review Of SuperClubs Breezes Bahamas.Please note the following:
1.We have no record of any unauthorized entry to guests rooms over the noted dates.We
pride ouselves on providing a safe and secure environment for our guests.
2.The safety of person and belongings is of paramount importance to our resort and strict
guidelines are adhered to in this regard.
3.Our restaurant reservation system is designed to allow the maximum amount of guests to
avail of our specialty restaurants.We apologize that you did not have the opportunity to dine
more often.
4.Our resort has a varied and different entertainment schedule nightly.Such entertainment includes a live band.
5.As a standard our entertainment team with the on-set of rains commences an indoor
schedule of activities.Over the course of May without exception these activities took place in
our main entertainment section.
6.We can confirm a very short term challenge with linen which was caused by an equipment
malfunction.
Thank you for the feedback.
Regards,
Jackson Weech
General Manager.
bjabroy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

First I want to disclaim that we are well traveled and do not expect too much as we know every culture has different standards. I'm going to provide a VERY accurate account of our trip and the conditions of the property.

We arrived on a Friday evening and were greeted with a delicious drink at checkin. The girl at checkin was very nice and accommodating when she placed us in a room on the 3rd floor, yet I had previously asked to be placed on the 8th floor. We explained that we had request a higher floor when making our reservation. She originally told us there were no rooms available on the 8th floor and then miraculoulsy a room did appear after she talked to one of the bellman. The bellman delivered our luggage to our room, which was exactly as it is represented in pictures previously posted on here - clean but dated.

We then went to the buffet to grab a bite to eat. The buffet is the BEST we've ever experienced. After dinner we went up to the main lobby where the evening entertainment was karaoke. There were a few guest that made it great and then others that totally ruined it. We left before it was over and decided to check out the piano bar. We arrived at the piano bar at 10:30 and it was dead - I mean completely dead. Really? A Friday evening at 10:30 and no one was there?? When we asked the bartender when they opened he told us the the piano player is supposed to be there at 9:30. He then explained that the manager was trying to get a hold of him and hopefully he'd still show up before the evening was over. We decided to sit and have a glass a wine in the quiet peaceful bar. About 30 minutes later the piano man arrived and took his place at the piano. Mind you - I fell in love with Holston the piano player. He's a great guy and loves to play and sing but doesn't ever show up at 9:30.

Neither one of us slept well that first night, nor any night that we were there. You. Can. Hear. Every. Single. Noise. My husband realized after investigated that our door was about 1.5 inches off the ground and unlike all the other doors ours did not have a rubber seal on the bottom. After the hubby called maintenance to tell them you could throw a cat under our door they sent the electrician up to check it out. The electrician told me that he was not the contractor and could not fix it but that we could change rooms or they could have it fixed the following day when a contractor was back on duty. I'm fairly easy going and explained that towels under the door would work for the night as long it would be fixed the next day. When we left to return home the door was still not fixed.

The 2nd evening we were going back to the piano bar and as we were walking through I saw someone smile at me and I quickly smiled back to be courteous and headed to the restroom. As I'm opening the door to the restroom someone was pulling on my arm. I was so shocked as I did not recognize the person and he began to explain to me that he was the electrician that came to my room earlier and that I was just like the Bahamian people - easy going. He then went on to tell me that he would never forget me because I had such beautiful face. I thought this a bit strange. I finally said thank you and escaped to the restroom. Later as I was sitting at the piano with my husband this same guy approached me again. He would come and go the entire evening. I finally asked the bar tender if I needed to be worried about his behavior and he asked me why. When I explained he told me he would take care of it. Later the hotel manager came to me and asked to speak with me. I explained everything that happened and I was never bothered by the man again.

We dined at both Garden of Eden and Martino's. They are both incredible - equevilent to 5 star dining. The only problem with both restaurants is that there is VERY limited seating. You have to make your reservation between the hours of 9-11am the previous day. Many people make reservations, but they never show. On two occasions we arrived and were able to be seated in spite of the fact that we did not have a reservation. Charles aka "Charles in charge" is the BEST waiter we had at Breezes all week and he works in Martino's.

There are many different smells at the resort - some are the result of a humid environment which tend to produce molds and others are from improper cleaning. The bar on the main floor smells strongly of old stale alcohol. I had to take a deep breath as we approached in order to not smell the stench.

During our week stay we were without electricity for 8 hours and without water for periods of time as well. I do not fault Breezes for the electrical outage. However, they did NOTHING to apologize for it either. When I called and asked about the water not being on and when they thought it might be repaired there was no apology for that either - which was a Breezes issue.

Overall we really did enjoy our time at the resort - attitude is everything. Would I go back? Probably not because there are SO many other places to go to and experience.

Room Tip: Our room was 805. It faced the east so our room became bright very early in the morning.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!