“Fun place to go and brilliant value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Save Saved
You added Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas to your Saves list
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street | PO Box C, Nassau 13049, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 33 hotels in Nassau
Douglas IOM
“Fun place to go and brilliant value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Ignore any negative reviews this place is fun and excellent value for money for any age group .Yes it does look a bit tired but it is an old building but the rooms are clean.I wouldn't travel so far if it was bad.Clean rooms and sheets and the maids were excellent and always did our room early in the morning.The staff are always happy and don't expect tips which in my experience is very unusual.

Food and Drink- good variety from excellent fresh salads and fish to burgers, chips conch etc.2 speciality restaurants Edam is nice and you can sit outside although the service is slow well worth it and of course Martinos the inside Italian restaurant.Both are good but you need to ring at 9am to book it for that night.The Piano bar does afternoon tea sandwiches etc after the main buffet is shut and opens in the evening as a bar.The Pool bar is great with quick service and happy staff with a great variety of drinks including cocktails .

The Complex- nice pool you can play Pool volley ball go to the swim up bar or simply swim!!!
You can pay for a massage on site and there is a good gift shop with clothes toiletries and the usual knick knacks etc all reasonably priced.The gym is good and cool and well equipped.I could go on !!!Nice beach and lots of good evening entertainment plus fun things in the day like salsa dancing and pop quizzes to win prizes.

Things to do - catch the bus to downtown Nassau only $1.40 on a number 10 bus , visit the Ardastra zoo and gardens on the way brilliant fun with loads of species of rare animals and birds or if you are really into fishing - I would recommend using the three Queens boat owned by Stephen Rolle tel 242 457 2629 - his boat is brilliant and you won't be disappointed.We have fished with him about 5 times and it was well worth it.

Things to bring with you- a TORCH!!!unfortuantly last week the whole of Nassau had a generator failure so we had no water lighting - never mind these things happen in the Carribean!!All in all a brilliant holiday try this place you will hopefully have fun and love it.

5,043 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (878)
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Visited in 2007 and chose this Hotel specifically for our sons. It is completely Americanised and busy and loud. Our sons has a wonderful time joining the show on Friday night, with one son on the trapeze and one on the trampoline. Went to Exuma Keys which was worth it, robinson crusoe land, wonderful. Stopped off at a little island and fed the Iguanas grapes. Went into Nassau and they had a Woolworths there, which was a huge surprise. First time I had ever been in a Casino a five minute walk away. We wouldnt go there again but would definitely recommend it for the younger ones.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at Breezes May17-24. We also were given rooms keys that belonged to other guests. We were embarrassed after walking in on another couple and had to walk back down and wait on the long line again to ask for rooms that were not occupied already. Off the bat when this happened I immediately becamed worried. Would this happened to my room, and should I lock up all my stuff is what ran through my head. We agreed with allot of the negative reviews that were written. The food was not great, the workers could have been friendlier and the rooms were very outdated.
Restaurants we only were able to get into 2 out of the 6 night because you need to call the day before and we arrived at 3pm so we missed out the first two nights. Next night the Italian restaurant was closed. How do u close them when you only have 3 places to eat for everyone and the buffet was HORRIBLE.
The first floor smelled of mold as well as the piano bar. Entertainment was great the first 2 nights but after that it was very repetitive. We ventured out allot because we got bored of the same routines. They ran out of towels everyday. Outside and in the rooms. I had to call housekeeping on a daily basis.
When it rained there was no entertainment at all during the day which I thought was pretty depressing givin that was the day we arrived.
I'm not one to complain at all but I just thought there were a few things that definitely needed more attention.
Overall we were not impressed. I would not return or recommend this resort.

• Stayed May 2012
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
We acknowledge your review Of SuperClubs Breezes Bahamas.Please note the following:
1.We have no record of any unauthorized entry to guests rooms over the noted dates.We
pride ouselves on providing a safe and secure environment for our guests.
2.The safety of person and belongings is of paramount importance to our resort and strict
guidelines are adhered to in this regard.
3.Our restaurant reservation system is designed to allow the maximum amount of guests to
avail of our specialty restaurants.We apologize that you did not have the opportunity to dine
more often.
4.Our resort has a varied and different entertainment schedule nightly.Such entertainment includes a live band.
5.As a standard our entertainment team with the on-set of rains commences an indoor
schedule of activities.Over the course of May without exception these activities took place in
our main entertainment section.
6.We can confirm a very short term challenge with linen which was caused by an equipment
malfunction.
Thank you for the feedback.
Regards,
Jackson Weech
General Manager.
bjabroy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

First I want to disclaim that we are well traveled and do not expect too much as we know every culture has different standards. I'm going to provide a VERY accurate account of our trip and the conditions of the property.

We arrived on a Friday evening and were greeted with a delicious drink at checkin. The girl at checkin was very nice and accommodating when she placed us in a room on the 3rd floor, yet I had previously asked to be placed on the 8th floor. We explained that we had request a higher floor when making our reservation. She originally told us there were no rooms available on the 8th floor and then miraculoulsy a room did appear after she talked to one of the bellman. The bellman delivered our luggage to our room, which was exactly as it is represented in pictures previously posted on here - clean but dated.

We then went to the buffet to grab a bite to eat. The buffet is the BEST we've ever experienced. After dinner we went up to the main lobby where the evening entertainment was karaoke. There were a few guest that made it great and then others that totally ruined it. We left before it was over and decided to check out the piano bar. We arrived at the piano bar at 10:30 and it was dead - I mean completely dead. Really? A Friday evening at 10:30 and no one was there?? When we asked the bartender when they opened he told us the the piano player is supposed to be there at 9:30. He then explained that the manager was trying to get a hold of him and hopefully he'd still show up before the evening was over. We decided to sit and have a glass a wine in the quiet peaceful bar. About 30 minutes later the piano man arrived and took his place at the piano. Mind you - I fell in love with Holston the piano player. He's a great guy and loves to play and sing but doesn't ever show up at 9:30.

Neither one of us slept well that first night, nor any night that we were there. You. Can. Hear. Every. Single. Noise. My husband realized after investigated that our door was about 1.5 inches off the ground and unlike all the other doors ours did not have a rubber seal on the bottom. After the hubby called maintenance to tell them you could throw a cat under our door they sent the electrician up to check it out. The electrician told me that he was not the contractor and could not fix it but that we could change rooms or they could have it fixed the following day when a contractor was back on duty. I'm fairly easy going and explained that towels under the door would work for the night as long it would be fixed the next day. When we left to return home the door was still not fixed.

The 2nd evening we were going back to the piano bar and as we were walking through I saw someone smile at me and I quickly smiled back to be courteous and headed to the restroom. As I'm opening the door to the restroom someone was pulling on my arm. I was so shocked as I did not recognize the person and he began to explain to me that he was the electrician that came to my room earlier and that I was just like the Bahamian people - easy going. He then went on to tell me that he would never forget me because I had such beautiful face. I thought this a bit strange. I finally said thank you and escaped to the restroom. Later as I was sitting at the piano with my husband this same guy approached me again. He would come and go the entire evening. I finally asked the bar tender if I needed to be worried about his behavior and he asked me why. When I explained he told me he would take care of it. Later the hotel manager came to me and asked to speak with me. I explained everything that happened and I was never bothered by the man again.

We dined at both Garden of Eden and Martino's. They are both incredible - equevilent to 5 star dining. The only problem with both restaurants is that there is VERY limited seating. You have to make your reservation between the hours of 9-11am the previous day. Many people make reservations, but they never show. On two occasions we arrived and were able to be seated in spite of the fact that we did not have a reservation. Charles aka "Charles in charge" is the BEST waiter we had at Breezes all week and he works in Martino's.

There are many different smells at the resort - some are the result of a humid environment which tend to produce molds and others are from improper cleaning. The bar on the main floor smells strongly of old stale alcohol. I had to take a deep breath as we approached in order to not smell the stench.

During our week stay we were without electricity for 8 hours and without water for periods of time as well. I do not fault Breezes for the electrical outage. However, they did NOTHING to apologize for it either. When I called and asked about the water not being on and when they thought it might be repaired there was no apology for that either - which was a Breezes issue.

Overall we really did enjoy our time at the resort - attitude is everything. Would I go back? Probably not because there are SO many other places to go to and experience.

Room Tip: Our room was 805. It faced the east so our room became bright very early in the morning.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Ledyard Center, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

When your trip starts with "The manager has left you a message - we had to DOWNGRADE your room from oceanfront to oceanview" you know this isn't going to be a great trip. Considering we were returning guests and we booked thru their website the fact that they overbooked was unacceptable. We spent 2 nights in a downgraded room and were finally moved due to me returning to the front desk repeatedly and complaining. Then I had to do the move myself - no offer of assistance. On top of this they do not refund your money but give you a voucher that I have to try to use to get my money back - haven't tried this as of yet but I'm sure it will be as much fun as my stay at Breezes was.
The resort is run down and dirty. The bathrooms have been redone however the workmanship was poor and it shows. There is a musty odor throughout the resort that you never can really escape from. On our last night it rained and the rain came dripping in thru the ceiling by the sliding door and part of the ceiling came down - lovely way to end the vacation. And there were many, many high school grads there and they were very noisy and not very well chaperoned.
The food is still good, however their are only 2 restaurants and the buffet - not alot to choose from and making reservations is not an easy task (it involves a phone call at 9 am for dinner the next night and picking up your ticket at 4 pm - if someone is there to pick it up from!)
The beach is not kept as clean as it was the last time we stayed nor is the pool area. It seems like no one really cares if the place is a mess or if the customers are happy.
We did get to relax on a beach and that is what we needed however we did not get the vacation we paid for nor did the hotel seem to care at all that we were unhappy.
We will not be returning. And if anyone asks I would tell them to steer clear of this resort.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter what room you pick because apparently there is no gaurantee that you will get...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We came here for our honeymoon recently and have loved pretty much every minute. We found this location through Apple Vacations. The staff is SO helpful and friendly every moment in every way. The rooms were a little dated, but not so much so that it affected our enjoyment. they had flat panel TV's. though I don't recall ever turning it on :-) There were multiple bars on the property as it is an all-inclusive resort. The main dining area was spacious and always had plenty of food at meal times. There is also a hamburger/fish bar down by the pool that was very tasty as well. This location only had two additional restaurants, one Italian and another French. If they lacked anywhere I would say it was in variety in that department. The Italian restaurant however was fabulous. We chose not to eat at the other on the recommendation of some friends we met here on our trip.
There were plenty of activities to keep us busy and the staff always had special events and games going on pretty much all day. For those who like to stay up late, there was generally a band or karaoke going until the disco opened downstairs.
Overall, this was a great experience and we wouldn't hesitate to come back, although I might opt for a shorter stay as the food and such gets repetitive when you stay too long. We stayed 7 days and 6 nights.

Room Tip: I overheard at the front desk that if you select and ocean-front room, the ocean-front is guaranteed...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

The water is so clear you can see each others toes! Entertainment staff is awesome! Shout out to Joey! Keep doing your thing girl. God bless!

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!