“Good value for the money in the Bahamas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

You added Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas to your Saves list
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street | PO Box C, Nassau 13049, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Washington, DC/ Clinton, MD
“Good value for the money in the Bahamas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've been reading the other reviews especially the one from VA that indicated the walls were dripping in the hallway. It appears I was at the resort the same time they went and I have no idea what they are talking about. I was there over the holiday weekend and while it was packed with people checking in and out. I had individuals at the front desk that did not drop the ball and were great. Kim, Natalie (especially!), Ginger, Charmaine, etc were all wonderful. I was told exactly where to find my room with no problems. We were early and our room was not ready, but was given directions to the changing/showering areas which is open for all to use and go to the beach if you wish. They hold your bags and give you claim tickets, so no problems. When my room was ready they took the bags up for us without us asking after watching them in the luggage area. Yes, the glasses were small, but to me that was average for most of the resorts all inclusive I have been to and especially in the Bahamas. My room was exactly what I expected- a large king bed, good AC, decent cable and a good sized bathroom with ample closet space. We had an ocean view on the 4th floor on the right wing and had no problems basically. Food was excellent in Garden of Eden, I would suggest going there daily if you can. The staff worked with us whenever we had an issue and would call us back. Bed was so comfortable I fell asleep the first day watching TV in my clothes after running around and checking out the Rock Climbing wall! We went to Mc Donalds and brought Mc Cafe glasses with us- but I had done that before at the other all inclusive- and filled up with the 'slurpees' in the main 2nd floor area. That was wonderful and we always went back for more. If we bought something from the outside, the wait staff in the basement level buffet always helped us out with forks, knifes, and plates. No problems. This resort looks to me exactly like the Beaches Boscobel that I went to in 2009 and I mean the inside of the rooms. There was nothing different from this Breezes to the Beaches I had been to. (You can see my review of Beaches on Trip Advisor also). Develon the night manager was great to talk to when I had an issue about how a security guard was treating a very sweet PotCake (Bahamian for a mutt) that came up to our group and nuzzled us looking for a pat on the head and a back rub. (BTW, The Humane Society is close and has a thrift store to help the animals. I encourage all to take a look it's only 5 minutes from the Breezes off of West Bay near the Zoo). We returned May 28th so we JUST got back. Like I said, if you think the rooms are better in a hotel/ all inclusive you pay more for, think again- This was EXACTLY like the room I had in an upgraded room in Beaches in Jamaica. Food was GREAT. Mimosa's and Champagne at Breakfast was wonderful in the Buffet. Giving the wait staff a few dollars got better service and when they saw us again we had no issues with getting good service. (Yes, I know the rules about tipping, but this is the real world here... they probably are NOT getting all that much to run around to start with..)
All in all, I have booked the One Bedroom Suite for next year same time. We had an excellent view of the beach and the Sandals private island as well as the Bridge to Paradise Island. We always rent a car and the island is easy to get around. No problems with cold food at the buffet and the Egg table where you could get your eggs however was great. They make it for you, you just have to bring them to different meats you want in the eggs. Scrambled, whatever..
The lobby is open air and it does tend to get humid in the lobby open air areas. However the rest of the resort is enclosed and the AC was working great. One bonus is clearing immigration and customs in Nassau instead of in MIA/Miami or anywhere else. Your bags are checked straight to your final destination. All in all I love the Bahamas and will be back next year.

Room Tip: Go higher in the towers, less outside noise and you hear the waves clear up to the 4th floor of the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
Orangeville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

My sister and I went to Breezes Feb 23-26 2012. We had a great time! We found all ages at this resort, but more in the 30+.

Ok rooms: Room was clean, but ours had carpet (most don't) that was damp and it made the room smell funny. We kept the balcony door open and the smell went away. Washrooms are clean and showers are large with a bench seat. Balcony is mini, barely enough room to step out.

Lots of entertainment and things to do here. Mind you we were lazy and laid in the sun most of the day! There was always something going on! The only thing we did during the day is play vollyball in the pool. Lots of fun even know I suck at it! lol
Lots of entertainment at night too, shows and also a disco.

Food was really good! Doesn't compare to a cruise, but is outstanding compared to Cuban food.
We only ate at the buffet and there was plenty to choose from.

Staff was very nice and always helpful!

Beach was ok, I have been to Bahamas lots but not this resort. I found it a steep entry into the water. That was my only complaint with the beach! Water was beautiful and we could always find a chair.

We only left the resort once and went to Atlantis. We played at the casino and went to Club Aura. Had a absolute blast! Atlantis is BEAUTIFUL!

Met some really cool people and had a blast! Will definitely go back!

Room Tip: choose a room on the first floor, you get a walk out to a hammock!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Little Elm, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I absolutely cannot believe that people will say they can't wait to go back! I couldn't wait to leave, and I had only been there a couple of hours. I don't even want to rate this place!

1. Outdated rooms - simply gross even down to the curtains...entire resort terribly outdated.

2. Hallways and rooms reeked of mold, mildew & cigarette smoke (even in non-smoking).

3. No hot water in showers at night....handle on shower faucet would fall off.

4. MULTIPLE ROOM KEYS WERE GIVEN OUT! We traveled with high school seniors and adults. Upon arrival, one of our parents used her room key only to find that a couple was occupying the room - embarrassing to say the least but what about the security of the resort (or lack of)?!! On the 2nd day, three different rooms within our group were entered into by incoming guests who were given the same rooms and same keys!!! We spoke to management the first day and again the second day to primarily voice our extreme concerns about the room security....or lack of. Management could not explain to us how their "system" could make such errors especially four times just within our group. We also brought it to their attention that they (Breezes) are advertised as a 3.5 star resort when that is far from truth.

5. The pools may have been clean, but they certainly didn't look it. The water always looked stagnant.....and no, most from our group did not get in.

6. We were told by taxi drivers, etc. that this resort is known as the "Spring Breaker's" resort....very obvious!

7. Food was not good! We would leave the resort every day and pay the extra just for a good meal. We would also find things to do elsewhere just so that we didn't have to be there.

8. Last but certainly not least.....BED BUGS! Although my roommate and I did not have encounters, SEVERAL from our group did! Upon returning home, my daughter went to the doctor the very next day solely for that reason. The doctor confirmed it !!!

I'm taking the time to write this review because I want to help someone else avoid a vacation disaster.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
We would wish to respond to your review and extend apologies for the concerns noted.Please be advised of the following:
1.The observation that our entire resort smells of milldew and cigarette smoke is misplaced.Some 80% of our resort is smoke free inclusive of all public spaces.
2.Guests are provided with keys that are specific to a room.Such keys will only
work for the rooms for which they are designated.
3.Hot water is readily available and save an emergency situation our resort has no challenges
with the provision of this service.
4.Our pools are cleaned on a daily basis and constantly monitored over the course of opening
hours.
5.Our island has encountered exceptional rains over the month of May.As is customary with such seasonal rains, mosquitoes are that much more evident.Having checked our nurses logs we can state that our resort have had three reports of bites associated with these insects.No reports have been made of bed bugs and we can state unequivocably that no such challenge exists at our resort.
It is truly unfortuante that we have no record of the afore-mentioned concerns having been raised by guest/s whilst in resort.
Regards,
Jackson Weech
General Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

I can't say enough great things about our stay here! Our week went by so fast we weren't ready to come back to Texas! Everyone was so nice, made you feel right at home in the Bahamas. Bar staff Rochelle, Jordan really nice & friendly. Can't say enough about the entertainment it was great! Jerry was the BEST absolutely awesome! Nevado, KJ, MJ just to name a few - so great- they all made this a great experience! Can't wait to go back! Won't stay anywhere else!
The cliftons (j, b, c, m, c)

• Stayed May 2012
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise... specially due to the honest kindness from the staff members.
We got there on a very rainy Friday. They had activities for all types of public and were NOT pushy for you to join them.
On the other sunny days that followed, crew and staff were also nice, kind and sweet.
My special "thanks" goes to Joey and Jaired (?).
The beach in this hotel is simply magnificent!!!
Down sides:
- Lunch and dinner are not as good as it could be. Never forget to make dinner reservations for you to have the option of dinning outside the buffet area.
- VERY NOISY guests. The hallways make a huge echoe so it's pretty easy for you to wake up in the middle of the night with people walking by
- Chairs in the beach and swimming pool suck
- Some pillows and sheets smell like mildew
Ps: I'm definately coming back!!!

Room Tip: Ask for an OCEAN view, not part ocean view. if possible, do not chose facing the swimming pool give...
Mayfield, Dalkeith
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Just returned after staying at Breezes from 11th-25th May 2012.

Easy process at the airport and the Breezes desk sorted out our transfer to the resort. Check in was nice and easy, welcome drink greatfully received. Very friendly staff. Our room was on the 7th floor, lovely view. Very clean and tidy, comfortable large bed and plenty space. Even a double shower! Easy quick access to all areas of the hotel from here aswell.

We had an amazing time, the staff are out of this world, so friendly and helpful, they work so hard but always have a smile for you. There are plenty loungers, never stuck for somewhere to soak up the sun. The pool grill is lovely and just so handy, cheese burgers are a must but everything on the menu is tasty. Pool bar is busy but always plenty staff to serve everyone. I recomend the "Humming Bird" or a "Superman" as a cocktail, very nice and not to strong. Hi to all the girls working at the pool bar! The beach is beautiful, crystal clear water and such soft white sand, lovely to walk along.

There is no shortage of Alcohol and the hotel has a no glass policy at the pool which is really good and sensible, you get plastic cups and they cut back on wastage by not giving huge drinks, very clever really. They dont know the meaning of a small measure - they are very generous!

Buffet food is great, plenty choice, well cooked and very well presented. No shortage at all. The restaurants are also a nice touch, lovely change and the food is excellent. Again all the staff are fantastic.

Entertainment is good, they really make an effort and they do something different every night. If you want a change of scene, there is always the casino next door at the Wyndham ($9 a drink though!)

The local buses cost $1.25 and you pay when you get off the bus. Bus stops are just outside and the Bus drivers are very friendly and give you any help you need, let them know where you are looking for and they will keep you right. You have to shout "next stop" if you want the bus to stop if you know where your getting off or if youve told the driver, they will stop and let you know.

A visit to Atlantis is a must, it is spectacular and brought out the children in us when we were at the water park! Great fun and a little hint - when the tell you to lift your bottom, lift it! It really hurts otherwise! Its reasonable to buy food also, I recomend the loaded nachos to share! You can only pay with your card though, no cash accepted. If you hire a locker, the medium ones are big enough, they cost $7 for the day. We booked the day at Atlantis at our Breezes hotel
because they provided transport for us to and from it, well worth it, less hassel and its only a few dollars more than what you would actually pay if you made your own way to Atlantis.

We also went Scuba Diving at Stuarts Cove. It was out of this world. We done the Shark adventure. Very professional company, fantastic staff and some of the best diving we have ever done. This is a must for qualified diver. To be so close to the sharks is unbelievable. You need a full length suit for this though, if you dont have one, you can hire one there. They also provide pick up and drop off from your hotel. Highly recomended. Have a look in Fin photo because their wall of fame is great.

If you are looking for somewhere to totaly relax and enjoy the Bahamas then this hotel will suit you down to the ground. No children under 15 allowed so it suited us perfectly. The Bahamas is a stunning country, I would go back anytime.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
Ridgefield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We had an awesome vacation at Breezes Bahamas. The hotel was beautiful with its Caribbean theme. We found the hotel to be extremely clean and the staff was amazing. They treated us like royalty and the entertainment was fabulous. We loved the shows and Funky "D" and the Summer Breeze Band got us up dancing every night. The beach was awesome and sooo pretty. The food was delicious and we loved the two restaurants Martinos and The Garden of Eden. We would definitely recommend the public bus trip into the town of Nassau and the Dolphin Encounter on Blue Lagoon Island. This was one of the best vacations we every had and would definitely recommend Breezes very highly.

Room Tip: We liked having our room in the new section on the 2nd floor. It was very convenient to the lobby a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!