“Pleasant vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

You added Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas to your Saves list
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street | PO Box C, Nassau 13049, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Moncton, Canada
“Pleasant vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We we're a group of 14 staying at Breezes. We all had a very good time and we plan to return in the next few years. The resort is somewhat dated (as stated in other reviews ) but the rooms are very clean. Staff is friendly and helpful and go out of their way to please. This resort had the best entertainment that we have seen in all inclusives of this size. Every night had a mixture of shows with something for everyone.
Like most things there is always room for improvement. The check in certainly very slow and could use improvement ( it took us longer to check in than it did getting our luggage, going through immigration and the bus ride to the resort). The buffet restaurant also seem to be short staffed during peak times. Tables we're slow to get cleaned and it made it difficult to find vacant tables.
In my opinion this resort offers excellent value for the money. The staff at Breezes made us feel right at home.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,012)
South Jordan, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

My wife and I were guests on a day pass at this property, as a travel agent I like to experience the resorts I sell for myself.
The overall readers digest version......
The front desk was unorganized, and unpersonalized.
The interior of the building, the changing rooms and the decor is outdated, dirty and unimpressive.
The beach is crowded, full of cigarette butts and trash.
The worst part was the rude service of the bar staff and the grill staff.
We typically experience great service from the proud Bahamians when we visit Nassau but the staff at this property seem unmotivated and are just pretty rude.
We did not interact with the entertainment staff but few of the guests seemed interested.
We had planned an entire day but only stayed 2 hours.
This in my opinion is a 2 star resort at best, I would not recommend it for the price they charge.
What a disappointment for such prime beach space and views.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Dear Day Pass Guest,
We are sorry to note that your short visit to Breezes Bahamas did not meet with expectations.
Your observations unfortunately entirely negative in nature are not balanced and certainly an
exception in virtualy each regard.As a travel professional it is important to present a fair assessment and we maintain that a visit of 2 hours would not provide for such an review.
Jackson Weech
General Manager.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

My wife and I decided to take her family on vacation and decided on this hotel because it was all inclusive and one of the cheaper options we could find for an all-inclusive. This hotel was exactly what we expected. We had a great time here. The place is definitely a little dated and the room service is not the greatest, but you're in the Carribean and out here to have fun and that's exactly what we did. The beach is pretty good, the water is great and the activities they have here, like the rock climbing, trapeezing, catamaran sailing, water skiiing, wind surfing and kayaking are excellent. They also have tennis courts, activities around the pool and beach, entertaiment in the main hall and a dance club. The food is pretty good and the drinks are excellent and they're available 24 hours. The best part about the hotel is defeinitley the people. They are super friendly and always have a smiling face.
So in conclusion I would definitely recommend this hotel for people looking to have a good time and on a budget. It is not a luxory resort, but for a lot of people that's just fine. If you're looking for something upsscale try Atlantis or something similar but for others this is a great option.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Just came back from 4 days at Breezes Bahamas. I'd say this was a great vacation and I would go back to Breezes, but it was really nothing hugely special strictly looking at the hotel.

Food was decent, nothing really spectacular, but I only ate at the buffet and pool grill...Eggs Benedict at breakfast was good:) If they run out of anything, just ask and they will get it for you. All in all, the food was definitely good enough to sustain me for a week or more:) Late night food could have been better...maybe serve grill food-burgers, fries, etc...but again, I ate it:)

Drinks were cold and plentiful. Entertainment was good (Action's show is the best, but I am biased since he is my friend:). Hotel Entertainment staff were nice enough, didn't make or break my trip, but others seemed to really enjoy them. I do wish that they would not announce everything at every daytime activity. For example, they were playing horseshoes...they don't need to announce over the mic what is happening with every toss. if I'm not playing, I don't care who got a ringer! lol...seriously tho, encourage participation and all that, but some of us wanna read, relax, talk to friends, listen to music, etc...

The disco was fun too, not busy, but still a good end to the night.

I wouldn't say this is a great place to go if you want quiet all the time. I went with 12 girls for a 40th birthday and we were LOUD...we met a ton of other great loud party people and it was a great trip, but if I had gone just looking to lay quietly around the pool I may not have loved it as much. Go if you like to meet others and party it up because that is what this resort excels at in my opinion.

Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable, but nothing spectacular (who needs spectacular rooms anyways...I just used it to get ready and sleep in). Check-in was easy really...one party in our group had trouble with the rooms, but the management tried to fix it and we felt they did. Staff was really great for the most part...they remembered you and were mostly smiling and obviously must like their jobs to a certain degree.

Location is good as you can catch the bus in the daytime for $1.25.

All in all a great vacation, but not sure that is all because of the resort...I think it was because of the people, but then again, we met those people at Breezes so maybe it is about the resort...

Go if you want to meet other people and have some fun times!

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor. Rooms were clean and comfortable...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Sudbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We just returned from 10 days at Breeze’s Bahamas and I must say that this resort received a lot of unwarranted bad reviews from people who have stayed there previously.
We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would not hesitate to return to the resort.
Before I get into our impressions of the resort I would first caution anyone who reads these reviews to do so carefully as some of them can give you a very wrong impression. Before we travel I always read the reviews of places that we intend to visit and in the past I have noticed that you will always find a wide range of ratings so you have to read them with a grain of salt. Some people tend to complain just for the sake of complaining and they are the types of people that cannot be satisfied no matter what.
Despite the bad reviews, most did agree that the staff at this resort were exceptional and I would concur with this. They are super friendly and go out of their way to ensure that you are enjoying yourself.
The resort, despite what I read, is extremely clean. You will find staff members cleaning throughout the day and night. They are constantly picking up after those guests who just drop things anywhere. The resort is old but they try to maintain it as best possible.
The rooms are spacious(we had a delux ocean view) and clean. I would agree with one review that I read, that a small bar fridge in the room stalked with some refreshments would be a nice addition. The house-keeping staff seemed to have 1 bad day during our 10 days but that was soon corrected by managment and we had no other problems. Despite, unwarranted complaints about lack of attention to guests concerns, we found that the resort was very attentive when there was an issue. We had a couple of issues with our room clock and both times there was someone there within minutes to assist us. Also, on the bad house-keeping days(they forgot to leave towels and pillow cases), as soon as we informed the front desk of the issue, the missing items were delivered promptly. One other note on the rooms...none of the rooms have balconies......they only have what is called a French balcony which is essentially a railing outside of the patio doors which is approximately a foot deep.
The beach is as nice as you would find anywhere in the Caribbean. The pools are also quite nice with lots of chairs for lounging. One of the negative comments that I read was concerning the sea gulls! Yes, there are sea gulls but despite the negative comments posted, they are not filling the pools with bird poop. They are there but really are not as much of a nuisance as some people would leave you to believe. Nassau does have sea gulls and no matter where you go, you are going to encounter them. We had lunch one day off of the resort in the “fish village” and there were sea gulls there also looking for you to share your food with them. If sea gulls bother you that much then stay away from Nassau.
The food in the buffet is plentiful, with a good variety and tasty. It is not 5 star quality but you are not paying the cost of a 5 star resort. If you want 5 star quality food then it will cost you considerably more. The only problem with the buffet restaurant is that it is severely under-staffed. The people working there try their best but despite their best efforts it is hard for them to keep up. The room is fairly large in size and they only have about 6 or 8 people who have to clean tables of the dirty dishes, re-set them for the next guests as well as serve them wine, water, etc. When you go for dinner it is difficult to get more that one glass of wine due to their lack of staff. The resort would better serve their guests if they had more staff such a bus-boys, cleaning and re-setting the tables, leaving the remaining staff to take care of the customers. Also, in most resorts that we have visited, there have been stations where you could pour your own wine or beer and not have to rely on the staff being able to serve you. I certainly don’t mind having to refresh our drinks.
The pool snack shack serves hamburgers, hot dogs, catfish fingers and salads that are quite tasty.
The two specialty restaurants both serve good food but the Italian restaurant is the better of the two. In my opinion the food is better but more importantly the service in the Italian restaurant is much better which gives a more enjoyable dining experience. Both restaurants have to be booked a day in advance but we discovered that you may be able to dine in either of them without reservations. It seems that some people book a reservation and for some reason just don’t show. We inquired why the restaurant was almost empty one night and the waitress advised us that it is quite normal for people to not show for their reservation. These are probably the people who are the complainers. All you have to do is show up at the restaurant and ask them if there is something available. We did this a couple of times and managed to gain entry.
The entertainment at night was for the most part quite enjoyable. They have a band that plays every night who are very versatile and play excellent music. Of course, as is the case at most resorts, some nights aren’t as enjoyable such as the Kareoke nights. These tend to lead to people who can’t carry a tune if their life depended on it but after a few drinks think that they can actually sing.
The resort advertizes that there is a casino nearby and despite the reviews to the contrary, this is the case. It use to be accessible by foot however due to construction currently in progress this is no longer so. One of the erroneous reviews stated that the casino no longer existed and that the management seemed to be unaware of this fact.( Honestly, sometimes when I read some of the reviews, I almost think that we are talking about an entirely different resort. ) The casino is located at the Wyndham resort and there is a free shuttle that picks you up and returns you to Breeze’s. The shuttle run’s on the hour until midnight and if you want to stay beyond this, it is only about a 4 to 5 minute taxi ride away.

As stated previously, this resort receives a lot of unwarranted criticism. I guess that some people can never be satisfied and they expect way to much for the price that they are paying. We would not hesitate to return to this resort and we would certainly not hesitate to return to Nassau.

Jim M (magoo07)

Room Tip: pool side and ocean view rooms have a much nicer view
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

My daughter went to Breezes last year and kept telling me about the entertainment staff especially one in particular named Bullet. She kept saying how good he was to her and all the other guests. She says he was amazing at running all the activities and games during the day, especially beach volleyball and at night he performed in the shows and was an amazing dancer and kept all the guests so happy. So this year we decided to go back and she was so excited for me to meet Bullet and I couldn't wait either! Unfortunatley when we arrived she was looking for him and to her surprise he was no longer working there. We were both very dissapointed to see that Bullet is no longer working at Breezes becasue he made her vacation so enjoyable last time.

Food: The food was very enjoyable at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Every morning we went to the buffet for breakfast and it was excellent. For lunch we either went to the grill outside which was great if we wanted to stay outside at the beach all day or we went into the lunch buffet and both were great and super tasty! For dinner we went to the buffet a couple of times and they food there was very good, for the other nights we went into Martinos or The Garden of Eden which are both exceptional in service and quality of food.

The Pool Bar was very good as well. The bartenders were all very friendly and they made excellent drinks and there was never a big line becase they worked so efficiently.

The rooms were good aswell. Everyday they were cleaned very well and quickly! The bathrooms are also fairly new and were awesome!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

staff was friendly and eager to please buffet should have more variety on it also it would have been nice if we would have had a refrigerator in our room would have also liked a patio that we could have entered from our room and sit outside and enjoy the beautiful view hotel was very clean

Room Tip: stay on ground floor you have easier access to outside and also a patio
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!