“Breezes Bahamas (detailed review)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

You added Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas to your Saves list
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Breezes Lane | PO Box CB-13049, Nassau 00, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Nassau
Georgia
“Breezes Bahamas (detailed review)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Summary: If you get a good deal, this a great option as a value, all inclusive resort.

Stay: 6 nights

Airport:
They are doing construction so we experienced a long walk to obtain our luggage but it was tolerable. We located the hotel transportation without difficulty. The hotel is not very far from the airport.

Check-in:
Long line but guests were treated with drinks upon arrival. If you arrive at a busy time expect a wait (same for checking-out). We arrived prior to check-in but were able to eat before heading to the pool.

Rooms:
Clean but dated. Some towels were in the room but we wanted extra. They were being washed and were delivered once they were available that day. TV with access to satellite cable /some local US channels. Electrical outlets worked fine for our gadgets. As someone mentioned, there was a desk and chair but no couch or lounging chair. I didn't think this would matter until I wanted to watch TV or lay out items while waiting for my mother. No frig in rooms but there is an ice bucket (you have to take to the bar). Upon checking-in, you receive a lock and key to the safe. Our corner room of 377 with a beach view was nice and at the end of the hall. We also had room 453 briefly which was ok but not as nice and not a beach view.

Food:
I felt that they tried to offer a balanced variety of options that tasted ok considering it was a buffet (including some traditional island cuisine). Food is available throughout the day including a continental breakfast, full hot breakfast, buffet lunch, lunch poolside at the grill (limited options but they have burgers, hotdogs, salads, jerk chicken , fries and conch fritters), buffet dinner, snack attack (which I missed and midnight options).

Dinner Reservations:
We started calling soon after 9am (you must request your reservations between 9a-11a 24 hours in advance). After the line being busy, we connected and got reservations for both The Garden of Eden (mainstream options--outdoor and indoor seating) and Martinos (Italian) at good times. Both were worth the visit (a little better than the buffet )but not stellar. The atmosphere at the Garden of Eden was nice. Daytime dining outdoors near the buffet dining room causes visits from the seagulls.

Beverages:
We don't drink but patrons seemed happy with the liquor. I was pleased to find a variety of juices, sodas, punches and both sweetened and unsweetened iced tea. They also have tea time in the piano bar daily. Bring a tall water bottle to save on trips for refills since glasses are small.

Pool/Beach:
Grab you towels early. They ran out during high occupancy but as soon as they were cleaned, they were replenished. We waited and it was not a huge deal for us. The sun dried us off and towels were available within 30 mins. Beach was clean. Pools had a few bugs but they are outdoors and otherwise looked fine. The Jacuzzi did look a little suspect so we skipped it but the beaches were fine. No matter the time of day, we always were able to locate lounge chairs by the pool and on the beach. Do note that the chairs don't fully recline.

Activities: Pay close attention to the posted schedule. Vast array of things to do to please all tastes. The staff works hard to ensure that guests are enjoying themselves. I watched others climb the rock wall (SNEAKERS needed) and someone try the trapeze (I believe socks can be used). Didn't try the water sports. Wanted tennis lessons but the instructor wasn't available during our stay and I forgot my sneakers. Evening shows were enjoyable each night. Didn't try the nightclub. Massages on the beach were FANTASTIC ($45 for a 25 min Swedish). As suggested, we walked to the nearby straw market (close by) and also went over the downtown straw market (didn't have much to offer and prices were a little inflated, shopping at the near by market and the resort store served best). Taking the #10 bus using $1.25 (American or Bahamian currency but have exact change) was convenient to get to the straw market. TIP: The aquarium at Atlantis is free after 6:30p or 7pm but you might need to take a cab back (cab cost $21 each way). We didn't book any excursions through the hotel.

General info:
They have quick daily orientations at 11am and 8pm daily. Aim for the 11am one while you can see the grounds
Things often happen on a laid back schedule (except meals).
They don't give you a map of the resort or printed copies of the daily schedule.
You have to pay for internet access at Breezes but can walk to the Wyndham hotel where it is free in the lobby.
USA Today is available in the lobby.
The staff is AMAZING and made it worth the stay.
I had bug spray but the mosquitoes got me during the middle of my visit.
We stopped in the medical clinic to obtain aspirin for my Mom's headache and alcohol swabs for the bites.
American currency is widely accepted (possibly more so in tourist destinations than Bahamian money).
Not having young kids (no guests under 14) was a nice change at a resort.
Walked to the bank near the straw market for a souvenir $3 Bahamian bill (which isn't in circulation anymore) to purchase it at face value. Plan to wait in line at the bank.
The transportation back to the airport usually departs about 3 hours before your flight but you will get a notice the night before.

Know that if you book the trip at a reasonable price and don't go in expecting the Atlantis, you'll have a good time.

Room Tip: American electronics do work. There isn't any wifi in rooms.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,124)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stayed at the breezes resort in bahamas for a wedding in july. I had the best time of my life. It was relaxing and beautiful, true meaning od no worries at all. The staff their was very welcoming and also took the time out to get to know you personally. I highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed July 2011
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

It was my first time travelling in an all inclusive resort and first time travelling solo.
I must say that the staff was really friendly and helpful.
The hotel is a little old and used but at least very clean
Food is average quality but drinks are nice with wide variety
The private beach is big enough and you always find a good spot
No children (so depending on you it could be amazing or not)
The hotel is not fancy but I would definitely recommand it as it's a good value for money.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Hyattsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed ourselves on this trip. The place was beautiful and the food was great. Most importantly, the workers were very entertaining, polite, outgoing, friendly and also made sure we enjoyed our stay especially Mario. I strongly recommend visiting Breezes Bahamas Resort.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I were very excited; we were celebrating our sixth wedding anniversary and wanted to go some place exciting. The Breezes Bahamas seemed like the idea place; WRONG!!! First we were put in a rusty room with torn drapes and a bed, a chair and a desk; we complained and were told that we could check back later for an upgrade. We went to get something to eat and when we returned to our room, surprise, it was flooding. The roof had a serious leak. Our entire first day was spent back and forth to and from the front desk. We were finally moved to another room/upgraded room which consisted of a bed, a chair and a desk. The bed covers are old and the rooms are very minimal. I'm sure this place was nice back in the beginning but seriously, the place need a lot of work.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Walmart of Resorts

Before I get too in depth with my review, if you have not yet booked your trip, do not book this resort. If you have already booked and there is nothing you can do to get out of it, take comfort in knowing that there are other places nearby to eat and relax.

Our vacation was from July 24-30. There were 9 people in our group, ranging from 18-27, which is the main reason why we chose Breezes. The price was very affordable for the younger people in our group and the beach looked relaxing for those on the other end of the spectrum so we thought we’d be ok.

Check in was a breeze (no pun intended). Our bus from the airport was full, but thankfully we were the first ones off, so we were able to check-in in about 15 minutes. The hotel was at capacity, so although our reservations requested that we be close together, our 5 rooms were on separate floors. I understand that room locations cannot be assigned until check in though, so it was understandable.

After reading just about every review within the past 6 months on Trip Advisor, I was very scared to see the rooms but was determined to remain open-minded. Our floor (4) had previously been flooded and there was a very musty smell walking to our room. You could see that the bottom of all the doors to the rooms and been damaged by water. We went on just about every other floor though, and they were much better so try to get any floor but four.

We were very pleasantly surprised with our room. Now don’t get me wrong, this is NOT a 5 star room/resort, more like a 3, but it was doable for the few days we were there. The bedding was typical of that of a Motel 6/Super 8, but the view made up for it. We had an oceanfront corner room, which we highly recommended as they are larger than the regular oceanfront rooms. The bathrooms have been updated but I still felt more comfortable showering with flip flops on.

The buffet food was downright inedible. We were only able to get reservations at the specialty restaurant one evening, despite every attempt to get up early and try to call to make reservations. The food here was actually really good, so I think it would have made a huge difference if we had actually been able to eat here every night. Unfortunately, we had to leave the resort to go to nearby restaurants for almost all of our meals but this one. The poolside grill was decent for light meals though, it just wasn’t very filling.

The pool. Oh man, the pool. I don’t swim in the ocean (fear of fish touching me), so I was really looking forward to the pool with the swim up bar. As soon as we saw the pool for the first time, I knew that I wouldn’t be going anywhere near it the entire time we were there. There was a yellow tint to the water and there was dirt and sand covering the bottom of the pool. I tried to take a picture of it from my sister’s balcony, which I have included here, but it doesn’t even begin to show how nasty the water was.

This brings me to the ocean. The setup was very nice with the chairs set up by the ocean. The only problem was directly behind all of these chairs was a HUGE stage that was constantly hosting the resort staff and their loud speakers trying to get the guests involved in dances and other ridiculous activities. This is fine if you’re looking for this type of thing, but if you want to relax in the peace and quiet, forget it. The lease they could’ve done was have a ‘quiet hour’ or something similar where at least one hour a day was quiet for those wishing to relax.

The best part of our vacation was when we checked out of Breezes and spent our last three days at the Comfort Suites next door to Atlantis. This hotel was heaven on earth compared to Breezes. Let me just say that although it is not inclusive, we spent less money staying at the Comfort Suites. Because they are a sister resort to the Atlantis, your entire party has complimentary access to everything at Atlantis, just as if you were staying there but for a fraction of the price. Our room was only about $125 a night and included complimentary breakfast. This was a nice start to the day and then we could spend the day at the Atlantis aquariums and waterpark. Just a tip, for inexpensive meals at the Atlantis, go for the kids pack. The servings are plenty for an adult and are only $6-$7. You can choose from hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken strips, etc. The regular priced meals are closer to $15 and you don’t get much more food than you do with the kids packs.

All in all, please don’t stay at Breezes. If you are comfortably with a 2-2.5 star resort and food, then go for it, otherwise, I promise it is not worth it. You will save money staying just about anywhere else.

Room Tip: Go for the corner oceanview room, larger than the others and great view.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed here August 2011 and It was Horrible!!! The rooms are VERY dated. The hall way smells like they are using a sour mop to mop the floor. The walls are so thin you can smell and hear every time somebody flushes the toliet. The bed is hard and as a rock. There was mold on the bathroom ceiling. The towels were dingy. The pool was so murky and so under maintain that I nor my husband didn't dare get in the pool. They let the local vendors setup shop right by the beach grill and if they was't harrasing you the sea gulls were!!!! The pool towels were thin and woren out. The beach lounge chairs had dried up sea gulls dropping all over them. The funiture in the lobby is plastic and dated. The lobby has no a/c what so ever. The dinning are smelled like mold and mildew. The food was horriable!!! The only type person that would give this place a good review is a person that is very very unclean(hoarder level), lives in a dump-that is filthy, will lay their head anywhere and has never ever been to at least so much as a modest hotel/resort. Bottem line this place is no were near worth the money they are charging!!! If you can't afford to stay anywhere else save your money until you can because you will be sorry and discussed!!! Breezes really should be ashamed of selling fake dreams to well deserving people tring to go a relaxing decent afforadable vacation. I challange the GM and the CEO of Breezes Bahamas to go stay here with their family and love ones for a week and see how they like it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!