“Great food, slow service, but close to the cruise port.” 4 of 5 stars

downtown Freeport, Nassau, New Providence Island
Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 185 restaurants in Nassau
Toronto
“Great food, slow service, but close to the cruise port.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Food was great and seemed very authentic; lots of locals eating here, but not for the ambience. Enjoyed the Oxtail and Carrots with a side of plantain, and never having had oxtail before I wasn't quite sure what it would look like. (Turns out it is apparently made from the tail of an ox! bones and all! :-)

Tasty though. And the homemade fruit punch was great, once we reminded the server that we'd ordered it. Our teenage picky eater companions enjoyed the jerk chicken too.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Can not be beat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I live in Nassau and work in the downtown area. It is a special treat for me and my co workers to go to Pepper Pot. I always get my food to go, but it is sooooo delicious. Today I had the Jerk chicken with peas and rice and plantains. My other favorite is curry mutton. They also have awesome homemade mango juice. Not a touristy place, but then again, those kind of places are always the best!

• Visited June 2012
Greer, South Carolina
“Nassau's Hidden Little Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

$ Great Food. Jamaican delights such as Oxtail, Beans & Rice, and Fried Plantains, plus a few fish dishes. If you find the Pirate Museum, the Pepper Pot is one block over past the big church on the corner. An unassuming white building without any discernible signs. The sign is on the window, but you won't see it til you've practically passed it. We have been there a few times and the food has always been fantastic. They also have a juice bar. No alcohol here. Well worth the visit.

• Visited March 2012
New Jersey
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Wonderful place for Jamaican fare while in the Bahamas. Low key decor and style; bustling take out business as well as tables for eating in. More locals than tourists the day we stopped in...so definitely not geared towards being a tourist "trap". I had the curried chicken (yummy!).....and a nice serving. I would certainly recommend a visit here.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clearwater, Florida
“The Best Jamaican Dishes In Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I cruise there every year and I make it a point to not eat breakfast on the ship that morning so that I am ready to devour whatever dish I order and fully enjoy it. American with a keen palate for authentic island dishes. Once I missed it (while shopping) and the entire rest of my trip was ruined! BTW they are only open for lunch.

• Visited November 2010