“superior Nobu but get ready to pay the price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Entertaining clients, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Cascais, Portugal
“superior Nobu but get ready to pay the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Nassau don't offer much in terms of cuisine and this resort has a extremely weak offer, whether in quality or variety
Nobu inside Atlantis is probably the best restaurant around and I'm sure the best sushi you can find in Nassau
Normally it's not easy to find a table
Option is the bar
If you go alone or with a partner this is the best location. Ask to be seated in front of the sushi head chef and order directly
avoid the menu and let the chef prepare you a plate according to your preferences and with the best available fishes of the day
you won't regret
be prepared to pay from 170 to 200usd per head
that was my regular check every day, but I don't regret that either

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Reston, Virginia
“Strange version of sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

The rolls were interesting but not conventional. The bar is lively - but off the casino it can be loud. Was better than other restaurants in hotel but...

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Western MA
“Very Good Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I came to Atlantis in Bahamas alone for (mostly) business after my wife decided it would be prudent to stay home with our 17 yo son after he got a new GF, rather than let them have run of the house while we were gone for 4 days.
If you like this review see the others of Virgil’s BBQ, Bahamian Grill, and the Coral Towers.
I went to Nobu at around 6 PM, fairly early for a Sunday night on spring break in March. I sat at the sushi bar, which along with the cocktail bar and bar seating, is first come- first served. Otherwise you will need a reservation or good luck/low census. I was one of three groups at the sushi bar, a single woman and mother and daughter being the other two. No one else sat at the sushi bar during my time there.
I had the sashimi dinner ($52) that consisted of shrimp, salmon, two types of tuna, fluke, octopus, mackerel, and something else (not special, not bad, didn’t bother to ask). I was hungry and this did not leave me satisfied so I ordered more sushi, described below.
The dinner came with miso soup, very not special but I took it. I also ordered the field greens salad. They were beautiful. Very large portion. Given how expensive the resort is, it was a very generous portion- it would have been $5 worth at my local farmers market in the winter (tho’ those are organic and these were not). It was three times what you’d usually get on a salad; we are talking a lot of greens. I was psyched; I love a good salad. The dressing, however, was WAY to salty. It was tamari based, I think, and left me reaching for my glass of water with every other fork full. I did eat it all, but didn’t enjoy it as much as I would have if the salt had been tempered.
The best part of the meal was sushi. I initially had a salmon sushi and a snow crab sushi, made by who I believe was the lead sushi chef (there were 5 on the line). The salmon was not the same as that on my sashimi dinner. That was very good, but his was heavenly. Very fatty. Succulent, sweet, special. The snow crab was humbled by comparison. I had two more salmon, then a salmon and a tai (Japanese snapper). I knew the salmon would be great but so was the tai. It had some special spice which was crunchy and added to the flavor and mouth feel. It was complex and delightful.
The service was very good but not great. It was attentive but not personal. If I was paying $75 instead of $130 (above mentioned food, two glasses of wine) before tips, it would have been excellent, but at that price point I expect exceptional service and it was not that.
I would go back, the food was very good, but the value was only OK given the high price points involved.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Omaha, NE
“Terrific!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband does not really like sushi or even fish, so I was a little concerned, but he loved it! And I love fish and sushi, so I loved it, too. We had a roll and the Nobu Cracked Conch, the Yellowtail Jalepeno, a roll (can't remember which - one of the specialties) and vegetable tempura. It was all very good.

Houston, Texas
“Its the experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

First of all...this review is my take. At our table of 8 we had 2 who did not care for Nobu. Explained later. Our table did the "Nobu Experience" which is where the waiters ask you a few questions and then customize the meal for you. After the Q&A the experience becomes a rapid fire frenzy of family style dishes placed in front of you with a description of the dish. Our menu included a couple of raw appetizers (Hamachi and beef tartare), chicken skewars, scallops, tuna and lobster tacos, black cod, filet mignon, a crispy tuna roll and a variety of deserts. Everything was great. We had a few bottles of wine which also added to the fun. You will not like this place (like 2 of us) if you don't like: family style service, emphasis on seafood, sushi or uncooked seafood. Like anyplace else at Atlantis it was very expensive, but if that is a problem don't go to Atlantis.