“Good diving experience” 4 of 5 stars

242-393-5644
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Just steps away from the Paradise Island bridge, Bahama Divers is Nassau's #1 Dive Store and Tour Operator. With over 40 years in the business, Bahama Divers has something for everyone. Whether it be Snorkeling, Diving, or Beaching, Bahama Divers does it all. Take the entire family out for a half day snorkeling or diving trip! Not SCUBA Certified? No Problem! Try the PADI Discover Scuba Diving Course and take the plunge that afternoon. Already certified and looking for your next awesome dive? Check out our more advanced sites for certified divers like, "The Lost Blue Hole" or "The Shipyard." Ready to enhance your diving skills? Our trained PADI Dive Staff will help take you to the next level. With the largest full service retail dive store in the Bahamas, Bahama Divers have everything you need and more to explore the underwater world of wonder in The Bahamas!Bahama Divers will not only guarantee an unforgettable experience, but an experience that will make you want to come back for more. At Bahama Divers we take pride in sharing our beautiful marine life with our guests and want to make sure that everyone feels right at home. Our friendly team will greet and treat you from start to finish, not only making your time with us fun, but safe and reliable as well.
Chicago
13 attraction reviews
“Good diving experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

For diving with Bahama Divers, go on the morning dives, especially to the Blue Hole. For snorkeling or diving shallow wrecks and reefs, go on the afternoon dive.

The staff did a great job of making sure everyone was safe and had their gear on correctly, not to mention getting everyone in and out of the boat, even with some big swells.

The crew was entertaining, the dives were excellent and the price was very reasonable.

Remember to tip your crew as well. I have seen to many divers and snorkelers leave the boat without a little compensation to the crew for all their effort.

Midwest
15 attraction reviews
“Adequate”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

We paid for a one tank guided dive in early Feb 2010. We selected Bahama Divers because we were on a cruise, had a limited time in port, and couldn't make any of the Stuart Cove dive times. The conditions were windy, so we ended up about 15 minutes out of the harbor at a site called, "While Hole Reef". The max depth was about 15 feet. The condition of the boat was sketchy and the fumes from the motor were terrible. I'm not prone to seasickness, but the fumes were nauseating. The boat and dive crew weren't particularly friendly and we were not properly briefed on expectations to re-board the boat. The crew wanted us to perform a deep-water exit, which would have been fine…if they had told us...but it wasn’t until I grabbed the ladder that I was told (pretty roughly) to "let go of the ladder". He then had to yell to me from the boat that he wanted me to do a deep-water exit. Once we were back on the boat, we questioned why he didn't mention that to us before the dive, and he shrugged and said, "I didn't give the briefing." This all would have been a more positive experience had the crew been a little friendlier. The dive (snorkel with tanks) was still fun. We saw tons of Nassau Grouper, Large parrotfish, and a Lionfish, which I know are the bane of the Bahamas, but was cool for us! It 's always nice to get into the water, but this was only an adequate experience for us and certainly not a serious dive. I wouldn't recommend them unless they are the only option and you really want to get into the water.

Windsor
8 attraction reviews
“Not for snorkeling”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

I just got back from a week in the Bahamas and despite not so great weather my only disapointment with my trip was my interactions with Bahama Divers.
I wanted to go snorkeling and the person at the excursions desk recomended this or Stuart's Cove. I asked her if there was a difference and she stated only the price so I went for the cheaper option.
I was doing this excursion on my own and was a little nervous. It turns out I was right to be. I was given the impression that there would be a boat that took snorkelers and a boat that took divers. I ended up being the only snorkeler on a scuba boat.
The boat went to a 60 foot deep wreck and a 30 foot deep reef. The staff acted like I wasn't even there; offered no advice on what I would see and did not seem to have a problem leaving me to venture out on my own. For the record, a ship wreck is not very entertaining when snorkeling.
At the reef I followed above the divers because they were given a guide and I wanted to see something. Within a little while I heard shouting from the boat. They were telling me I was too far from the boat but did not offer any alternatives.
A few of the divers had problems with their rental tanks but I cannot give any more information on the actual diving.
I will say, if you want to go snorkeling, do not waste your money with them.

Salinas, CA
“Bahama Divers = Good Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

After some research and a referral, I decided to dive with Bahama Divers – I was very satisfied.

During a call to the shop from the resort on Cable Beach and talked with a clerk who was knowledgeable and friendly. She answered the typical questions – where, when, how many onboard, what, etc. – made the reservation and setup the shuttle. The shuttle was timely and journeyed to the dive shop on East Bay/ Eastern Road in the Yacht Haven Marina (just east of downtown Nassau .) The trip the dive shop was approx 10 minutes from Cable Beach . (The other dive shops are on the other side of the island. I’m not downing them, it’s a proximity thing.) After completing the necessary paperwork and a 20-minute wait for other divers, etc., the boarding began. With the friendly and energetic crew, the ride out to the site was fun and informative. There was a good message of conservation, too.

First dive: The Lost Blue Hole. 91 ft, 35 min., 75 F. Second dive: a nearby reef 25 ft, 50 min., 75 F.

Pro: Timely, friendly, good gear (I used their BC & 3mm shorty), clean, roomy boat and diversified dive sites.

Con: Their website leaves much to be desired and gave a bit of hesitancy due to its limited information and weak photos. But, hey, who's diving their website?

This diver would definitely dive with Bahama Divers again!

Miami
4 attraction reviews
“Not so good...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

My buddies and I planned a diving weekend in the Bahamas. We booked Bahamas Divers as it was the closest diving company to the place we were staying. By the description of the services offered, it looked fine.

On the first day, we did a single tank dive as it was the only one available. Due to windy conditions... (so they said...) we ended up in a reef 15 minutes away from the marina... Want to laugh??? The maximum depth was 15 feet as they combined snorkelers with divers... Nice reef but it was a joke... $70.00 per person.

Second day... we booked a blue hole dive...Exciting!!! In total we were five guys on the boat at 8:30 am looking forward to an exciting deep dive... All of us had been diving in different occasions... 45 minutes later running through rough seas..., in the middle of the ocean... the boat breaks down... (so they said... In my opinion, they run out of gas...They will not admit it as they can get fined) We had to radio in and wait for the other boat to pick us up... Needless to say we waited for over an hour and a half drifting towards the island...and smelling the fumes coming from the open hatches where the engines were located. We asked the captain to leave the boat anchored and go on the other boat to the dive site but he said it was not his decision but the owners... Anyway, it did not happen... we finally arrived to the marina around noon. We got a full refund for the trip.
Since it was too late to go to another diving company we booked the next dive for the afternoon with them and we were honored a hefty discount for the morning's inconvenience. (Very nice, thank you!) The afternoon dive was nice, Thunderbolt Reef (30 ft. max depth).

On the third day (unfortunately for me, I was flying back and could not dive) we went to Stuart Cove. What a difference!!! I really can't say enough about the premises, the professionalism, the equipment... I decided to go for the boat ride with my friends as my flight was not until the afternoon. I ended up free-diving (no tanks) right next to the wall... 40 ft, great visibility and lots of marine life.

Next trip... I am definitely booking with Stuart Cove. They are so close to the airport that you can arrive Nassau around 11 am and take the Shark Dive that leaves at 1:00....