We love this resort and have been coming for years. The experience is wonderful - from taking the boat over from St Thomas to lingering at afternoon to exploring the resort's 7 beautiful beaches. The snorkeling right off of the beaches is fantastic.
The resort is under new management and I hope they continue to improve. I can already see an improvement with the food. The addition of the sushi bar at the Caneel Beach Terrace is fantastic. The food at Zozo's and the Turtle Beach Estate House were also very good.
One area for improvement would be the rooms. Beds are very small, rooms are small.
My main complaint with the resort has not changed in 15 years- staff can be cold and unfriendly. In particular, the waitstaff at Zozos were unfriendly. Some of the old timers who were around under Rockefeller's management clearly know what they are doing. Others really need some training. Not what I would expect from a 5* resort.
- Also Known As:
- Caneel Bay, a Rosewood Hotel Caneel Bay
- Caneel Bay, a Rosewood Hotel
- Caneel Bay
- Caneel Bay a Rosewood Hotel
- Caneel Bay a Rosewood Resort
- Caneel Bay Resort St John
- Caneel Bay St John
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Caneel Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.