Caneel is a big beautiful resort with something like 9 distinct beaches in a natural setting. Donkeys and dear roam the property and barely take notice of you. It's an interesting element to the resort, but the piles of poop they leave all over is a bit less endearing.The rooms are comfortable, but we felt the bathrooms and floors could have been cleaner. If you walked around barefoot in your room your feet would be black. the rooms are really spread out and there is a resort shuttle. it wasn't that hot so we walked all the time, but in some room locations you would need the shuttle to get to the main bar, front desk, etc.
Use the provided bug spray as soon as it gets dark or you will regret it.
There are no TV or phones in the rooms, but the lack of phones was very annoying when you had an issue in your room, like a toilet that wouldn't flush or a noisy air conditioner. You could find a house phone on a tree nearby or tell them when you got to the front desk, but for the price they charge, that's a little frustrating. As pretty as it was, we felt the staff was aloof, especially at watersports, like they were doing us a favor signing out included equipment.
The food is good but very expensive. On balance the meal plan makes sense if you plan to eat on property everyday you are there.
- Also Known As:
- Caneel Bay, a Rosewood Hotel Caneel Bay
- Caneel Bay, a Rosewood Hotel
- Caneel Bay
- Caneel Bay a Rosewood Hotel
- Caneel Bay Resort
- Caneel Bay a Rosewood Resort
- Caneel Bay Resort St John
- Caneel Bay St John
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Venere, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Caneel Bay, A Rosewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.