“Good but pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
“Good but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Food was pricey. Seems like you're paying for the view but since we were to late for the sunset it was somewhat disappointing

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect setting and amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The best dinner we had on the island. Sit upstairs at the bar for dinner and take in a perfect sunset with your meal. That's all that needs to be said... Enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Gorgeous Sunsets, Great Food, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband took me out to ZoZo's for my birthday this year. We arrived right as the sun was going down and were treated to a beautiful view of the sunset over the water. My appetizer was a fettuccine carbonara dish with smoked salmon and shrimp, and it was absolutely divine. One of the specials that evening was a ribeye steak with caramelized onions on top resting on a bed of whipped potatoes all swimming in a sea of gravy. Every morsel of it was perfect -- the steak was nicely marbled without being too fatty or too lean, the potatoes were light and yet flavorful, and the gravy was rich without being cloying. They surprised me with a delightful cupcake-sized chocolate caramel torte a la mode for dessert, complete with a lit candle on the side. It was pure chocolate *heaven*!
My only complaint -- and it is a small one -- is that there are no screens between the inside of the restaurant and the world outside. For me this meant that I came away from my birthday dinner with a number of mosquito bites on my legs. I probably should have worn insect repellent anyway as I know they are more active at dawn and at dusk, but I dislike the smell of the stuff, and generally a nice restaurant like ZoZo's has some sort of barrier between the restaurant and the outside world, if only to keep out the flies. Flies were not a problem at all, but mosquitoes? Yes, alas...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Staten Island, New York
“Sunset”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Go up to the bar and order a drink and watch the sun go down. We then had dinner in the dinning room. The service and food were great. They have valet parking so you don't have to find a place to park.

Visited October 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

It is not often that you get a restaurant that has a great combination of amazing food and service. Zozo's does it all right.

I am glad that we went here early in our week long trip, as we ended up going back again for dinner, and then again for a third time for drinks.

The food is outstanding. On the first time we sat in the regular dining room, and I had a NY strip steak. It was prepared perfectly, and wet aged.

On the second trip, we made reservations, and sat at the bar with an amazing view. This really is the best place I have ever sat to eat a meal.

I had the jumbo shrimp and corn risotto. Again, prepared perfectly, with a great combination of flavors. First rate, high quality ingredients.

Servie in the upstairs bar area was attentive, and first rate.

Thanks everybody for some memorable meals. We will be back in May!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere