“Great short hike” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Ancient Ruins, Historic Sites, Hiking Trails, Outdoors
Activities: Walking
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a stroll along the self-guided Cinnamon Bay Nature Trail, which leads you through plantation ruins, tropical landscapes and scenic views of the Caribbean Sea.
Hampton Roads, VA
19 attraction reviews
“Great short hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is a wonderful hike for those seeking and calm, easy hike. It goes around the Cinnamon Bay ruins through the woods and back around to the ruins. The are placcards along the way describing trees, history, and wildlife. It is a cool hike mostly under the shade of the forrest.

Visited July 2014

Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
“A nice change from the beach.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The trail is only about half mile long and is not strenuous. You can see the ruins of an old sugar mill. There are lots of informational signs along the trail. We saw 4 deer. At the end there is a couple of papaya trees which had fruit hanging on them.

Visited June 2014
MetroWest Boston
39 attraction reviews
“Loop Trail is the perfect hike if you only have a short time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

If you only have a short time interval for a hike, I would highly recommend the Cinnamon Bay Loop Trail. It starts across from Cinnamon Bay Beach and there a few parking spots right near it. It is relatively flat and winds by many scenic spots. Be sure to take your camera so you can catch shots of the ruins, the Danish Cemetery, Termite nests, and countless critters. We saw deer and plenty of lizards. I loved the interesting bark and shapes of the trees. Although the trail is relatively flat, I recommend wearing shoes. My adult children wore flip-flops, but sneakers are a better choice. I also wore bug spray, although the amount of bugs was not bad at all. Maybe we were just lucky.

Visited May 2014
Sunrise, Florida
15 attraction reviews
“Nature and history at its finest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I did this hike while on a cruise in December and I really enjoyed the quiet and the atmosphere. You will see some neat ruins, and a great short hike that will give you time to explore the other areas of St. John.

Visited December 2013
Gaylord, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
“Nice easy, short, trail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We took a taxi to the start of the trail, $20 for 3 people. it was a maybe 15 min or so from Cruz Bay, kind of windy up hill ride. The trail says about 45 min to walk down & that's about right, pretty sure it said 1.5 miles, not positive on distance. It's all down hill. We almost didn't do this b/c the taxi driver was so reluctant to take us. He really discouraged us b/c of having a 5 year old, he had me so afraid we would slide down the trail & break a leg & nobody would be able to rescue us. Oh for Pete's sake, it wasn't that dangerous, just be careful it is slippery if it's rainy. There are tree roots, slippery rocks, spots where maybe some guard rails would be a good idea. We only ran into one other group on this hike. My 5 year old loved it, nobody got hurt. it was over with before we knew it. At the bottom we poked around the old sugarmill ruins, then headed into the camp ground & swam. Big waves on this particular day. Beautiful beach. We carried a bag with water & beach towel etc. They have showers to rinse off & a taxi waiting at the camp ground. I know that my husband & I could have made the trip back up if we had parked a car at the top. It probably would a been a bit much the up hill trek with a 5 year old.

Visited April 2014