To be very short and sweet, Love it.My two traveling companions and I stayed at Serendip from 8/24/12 to 8/31/12. One person has stayed there many times and is a fan, and against my sharing her secret favorite vacation place with others. We stayed in Echo, a walk-in from the upper parking lot, a plus for those of us with bad knees. It is beautiful, and well-appointed with 1 bedroom and 2 comfortable couches. The kitchen equipment was more than adequate, speaking as a finicky cook. The furniture throughout both within the condo and on the porch was both very attractive and comfortable. The view from the porch across the harbor to St Thomas was spectacular. As a photographer, I loved sitting out there at night and in the early morning hours to enjoy the changing view and to get some spectacular shots. Ashley and Hershey were both welcoming and very helpful (yes Hershey is great at giving TLC). Loved the bananquits and the Lesser Antilles finches (black with a rust patch at the throat) who frequented the sugar feeder, an endless source of fascination and amusement. The drive up Jacob's Ladder is "challenging", especially the turn to Serendip, but a small price to pay for a stay at St John's Hidden Gem. We plan on returning as often as possible.
- Also Known As:
- Serendip Vacation Condos Hotel Cruz Bay
- Serendip Vacation Condos Hotel
- Serendip Vacation Condos St. John/Cruz Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy St John in our 10 casual, reasonably priced one-bedroom and studio condos, located on 2 lush acres with wonderful views over Cruz Bay. Visitors from all over the world have enjoyed our affordable island style ambience reminiscent of "old St. John." Condos are fully equipped with all home-style amenities and wireless Internet access. One bdrm condo can easily sleep up to 4. Enjoy the casual ambiance of St. John with us. ... more less