spent 3 nights here at the beginning of june. i called owner phyllis from st thomas to confirm our arrival the day before and she reminded me check in wasn't until 3pm. our apartment was called peaceful retreat, which is on the ground floor. the house is up a steep hill just above town: easy walk downhill, not so easy back up, but we made it . if you have a car, there's free parking in front, which is great, because there's almost no parking in cruz bay, and the few lots are very expensive! the apartment was very clean, but a little bit dated. the queen size bed was very comfortable ( we both slept well). there's a flat screen tv in the living room with only 1 channel (espn2), but there are lots of dvds and books in the bedroom closet. phyllis also said there was free wi-fi, but we never used it. i was disappointed there was no bacon and eggs for breakfast (as is mentioned by the website), so we ended up buying coffee, orange juice, bagels and muffins for breakfast, which was fine. phyllis also supplied a bottle of cruzan rum, and 4 cokes and sprites in the refrigerator, plus beach towels and a cooler to take some cold ones to the beach. all in all, we had a very nice stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hillcrest Guest House is a romantic vacation rental accommodation with ocean and garden views. $185 to 245/day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Hillcrest Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillcrest Guest House Hotel Cruz Bay
- Hillcrest Guest House St. John/Cruz Bay