“Book This Charter!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The Most Affordable Charters on St John! Two Boats with Several Options! 26 ft World Cat or 21ft Zodiac. Up for an adventure? Try our new 21ft Zodiac; it's fast & fun and great for affordable Half Day Charters or our Jost only trip. Charter our 26ft Worldcat and go Island hopping, Snorkeling or to a remote beach to just relax in the warm waters of the Caribbean. Why not spend your vacation exploring the US and British Virgin Islands on a private captained boat charter.
Naples, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Book This Charter!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We recently went with Kevin on a day excursion for 6 adults and had the time of our lives! We all said it was the highlight of our trip, we were able to dictate our own day and Kevin was like an old friend of ours. We did so much and could have done it over and over again each following day! definetly go to Jost and Sandy Spit and dont miss the Willy T's! Thank you again fo such a memorable trip!!

“Wonderful boat tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Went out for the day with Kevin and had a great time. He got us through customs quickly and gave us a nice tour of the BVI. We were able to customize our day so we had a chance to snorkel, have lunch at Foxie's Taboo, and then spend time on Yost Vandyke at Foxie's beach bar and the Soggy Dollar. Kevin was a perfect captain and host, and Robin was great at getting us booked and organized for our day.

Cherry Valley, CA
“You're welcome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

You're welcome!, I am answering you in advance. You will want to thank me for suggesting Copeland Boat Charters. My husband and I ( from CA.) along with another couple (from WI.) chartered the Beer Cooler for a full day sail with Capt. Kevin. The following is from last summer's trip & we return to St. John in just 3 weeks (I just got my new snorkel gear in the mail this week!) This post is long, there I warned you.

This was our second trip to St. John (we went the year before & plan to make it an annual trip) Growing up my mom was a travel agent & I've been fortunate to see a lot of fantastic places, what I didn't see with her I saw when I was working aboard an international cruise ship (including most of the Caribbean.) One of the places that stood out to me, ( enough for a return visit that I was going to pay for), was Tortola, BVI, This was true at least until I started scouting the internet for less touristy/ most naturally beautiful islands in the vicinity....and "discovered" St. John.

During our first visit to St. John (Aug. '12) we had heard about so many places to snorkel (The Caves, Indians, the aquarium, etc.) we were excited to return & finally get to go to those places. Another item on our wish list was Sandy Spit, a speck of an island off the coast of JVD. The first year we went we had reservations with another charter (my mom always planned everything & this was the one thing that we "planned " during our first trip. The rest of the time we just wanted to not be on a schedule & relax) which was cancelled once we were on island. Since we came to the island " electronics free" had to scramble to find a back up plan. We booked the Calypso Catamaran to JVD, it was enjoyable but left us wanting more. We wanted to see more (the Baths, the caves, etc) we booked a full day on Bad Kitty to the Baths (Virgin Gorda) plus snorkel stops. We were rushed through the Baths in 20 minutes, lunch was a class act at the new Scrub Island Resort. We ordered in advance from the boat so everything would be ready when our large group arrived. Beautiful resort & pool ! We had delicious grilled Mahi! our snorkel stop was rerouted to Monkey point (which was beautiful, but lots of jellies) Most of the time was spent hightailing it to each spot, not relaxing or enjoying the scenery. This was my fault for not understanding the distance to VG, etc. It was not our ideal day on the water. Don't waste your money with cattle charters, get exactly what you want & private charter.

So as any good daughter of a travel agent would do, as soon as we returned I began planning our return visit, including our "day on the water". Determined not to repeat our previous year's lack luster boat trips, I researched our options for weeks. I knew we wanted to charter a boat so we could select our own itinerary & set our pace. After much reading on the St. John forum here on Tripadvisor we chose Copeland Boat Charters. Best decision I ever made! Truly Capt. Kevin is the perfect combo of friendly yet professional.

Capt. Kevin reviewed safety, onboard amenities and was ready to take us where we wanted to go! We discussed where we wanted to go & what we wanted do, back up plans if the water/weather didn't cooperate, etc. As we got underway he spoke of St. John, points of interest, historical & current stories about the island. We first cleared entry into the BVI on Tortola ( no waiting & quick!) then off to the Indians/ Caves (Norman Island)for snorkeling! Amazing! It was a little overcast at this point in the day and the water around the Indians was a little choppy but that did not detract from the awesomeness of nature. Lush Corals! It was the perfect opportunity to try out our new underwater camera! Then on to the Caves, the sun was shining brightly by now & we were greeted in the water by hundreds of Sergent Majors, then Jacks, Parrot fish and blue Tang. If you swim into the Caves you'll see orange corals that open up in the dim-light conditions. Capt. Kevin continued to talk about all points of interests, never a dull moment. Next, Willy T's for lunch! Since we go in the off season (August, only time I can get away form work!) there were no crowds. One other charter group was having lunch when we arrived. I bravely chose the fried conch fritters for lunch! yum!

Next up, Sandy Spit! This is the place you can fantasize about not leaving if you just had a tent, some fire, a fishing spear gun and an endless supply of beer. = ) You can lap the entire place in 5 minutes. Surreal, pristine nature. Did I mention the water? Everywhere you go (except Willy T has a floating dock) you have to commute from the Beer Cooler to the point of interest, I am ready to turn in my car keys & even my shoes (remember I'm a female that is saying a lot) Capt. Kevin always let us set the pace, perfect! Last but not least we stopped into White Bay (JVD) home of the Soggy Dollar Bar, for some cold liquid refreshments after a long day of relaxing! The beach-front hammocks are a dream! Another postcard worthy locale.

If you go to St. John & do not spend a day on the Beer Cooler you are simply missing out. Yes, the beaches are divine but there is so much more. So much in fact you cannot see it all in one trip. You will come back.

Visited August 2013
Simsbury, Connecticut
“Great Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We sailed with Kevin on a half day and took another full day charter over to BVI a few days later. Our two days on the water were highly anticipated and the trip didn't disappoint. I took my wife and two young daughters, with our youngest being only 4. After a long day in the sun (long week actually considering our time on the island) our 4 year old was a tired, whiney, etc. Kevin was great interacting with the kids and was very patient with us and accommodating. He was flexible and changed the itinerary on the fly (less snorkeling more sandy spots) to make our time enjoyable with our kids.

USVI and BVI are beautiful places and seeing them this way is the only way to go. We stopped at Tortola for some snorkeling, hit up Foxy Taboo for lunch, cool little island called Sandy Spit, and ended the day at Jost.

We had a great day and would definitely do it again!

East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
“A MUST for anyone visiting St. John!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a MUST for anyone visiting St. John and it was the highlight of our trip! A group of 6 of us chartered the boat “Beer Cooler” with Captain Kevin. He talked to us before leaving port and asked what we all wanted to do, and found the perfect spots for all of us!! He took us to four different areas including Foxy’s Bar and Grill for lunch, and Jost Van Dike. The whole processes from start to finish was smooth and worry free, including crossing over into the BVI. Captain Kevin was an excellent tour guide telling us all about the area we were visiting, but also the “ins and out” of St. John. When I return to St. John I will be booking another trip with Copland Charters immediately.

Courtney Riley