“WOW” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ted Robinson is a personal chef on St. John! He was fabulous and cost the same as taking our entire party out to dinner there. He used to be on this site. It was the reviews from Trip Advisor that lead to my booking him. He was excellent!
western ny
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I booked Ted to come to our Coral Bay area villa and make dinner for my wife and my 25th wedding anniversary, sort of as a surprise to my wife (I told her about it about 3 hours before Ted was to show up because she was asking all sorts of questions - what time do I need to be ready? where are we going? etc.). I must say I was a bit nervous as to how she would react to the idea since the dinner was quite a bit more expensive than we are used to spending but she was thrilled with the idea and hey, it's our only 25th anniversary!

In any event, Ted suggested a menu and I went with it with no changes - his mouth-watering Foccacia, tuna dumplings, a scallop dish, warm spinach salad, and potato-encrusted Mahi with molten chocolate cake for dessert. Ted showed up a bit early (I was still in our pool when the bell rang!), set up everything, cleaned up, and in between he prepared and served us probably the best meal we've ever had - no hyperbole! It was a delicious, relaxing, and definitely memorable dinner.

My wife and I wholeheartedly recommend Ted to anyone seeking a special, amazing, memorable meal and dining experience, all in the comfort and relaxation of your own place.

Hopefully we will return to St. John in the not-too-distant future and we'll have to have Ted come by again!

• Visited September 2013

Little Rock, Arkansas
“We love Ted's Super Club!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Just like the last two reviewers, we had Ted come cook for us twice on our last trip and plan on having him twice this next trip! His dinners are one of the highlights of our trips and we look forward to tasting what he whips up. He has a calm and welcoming demeanor and is an excellent chef! He has cooked us elaborate meals and has also cooked us several small plates! Everything he creates is our favorite!! We can't wait to book him next trip! As some of the reviewers have mentioned, Ted's supper club is one of the best restaurants on the island! And you get to have a 5 star meal in the comfort and beauty of your fabulous STJ property with the views we all dream about every night and every day!! Awesome!

• Visited April 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Best Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have enjoyed Ted's Supper Club three times! Every time he is on time and super nice. The ingredients are always fresh. He has prepared us 7 course meals and at other times has done a series of tapas. The food is always excellent. His focaccia bread is ridiculous! He is informative about his cooking technique and his ingredients. He cleans up everything, boxes up leftovers, and leaves the kitchen spotless. We hired him twice on our last trip and will try to hire at least twice on our upcoming trip. His meals are a highlight of our St John trips! Can't recommend him highly enough!

Visited April 2013
Virginia
“Delightful Indulgence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Two years ago we had Ted prepare dinner for us and this year decided to have him for two nights. What a great decision!
Our first evening was a barbecue....an over-the-top seven course dinner which delighted all! Our second dinner was a custom tapas menu for our family of 4 adults....again, absolutely amazing! If I'm using too many superlatives, oh well :-)
Ted's dishes are beautifully presented, creative with great use of his garden's and the island's bounty, and ingenious blend of herbs, spices, vinegars, and oils. Ted will work with you on your menus or leave it up to him and you can't go wrong. His prices are aligned with the best restaurants on the island. We are planning next year's trip now and Ted's Supper Club will on our to-do list!

• Visited July 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Outstanding Meal & Great Villa!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I got married on St. John, Trunk Bay, in May. During our planning, we decieded to rent a private villa and not a hotel. We also had heard about an exceptional private chef on the island that we wanted to book for dinner on our wedding night. We "HIT A HOME RUN"!!! Not only did we connect with Ted but then found out he had just redone a Villa over looking Fish Bay. It is beautiful for sure with an amazing view and a ton of privacy. We rented a jeep and I must say that driving on the island was alot of fun. The villa has a true chefs kitchen so cooking in a few nights is a must. Very romantic! Top all this with one of the most amazing meals we have had anywhere in the world and you have found paradise!! Great job Ted, we will see you next year!

• Visited May 2013