Our group was 3 married couples, early 30's. We stayed in the 3BR condo on the 3rd floor.
Upon our arrival to St. John's via the Red Hook ferry, Delbert was waiting in the Sea Shore Allure truck to pick us up and drive us to the condo - just a few minutes' drive. You are within a 5-10 minute walk to Cruz Bay where all the restaurants, bars, and shopping are best.
Each of the 3BRs had its own en suite bathroom. All beds were kings, great linens. All bathrooms were unique and beautifully constructed - stone walls, a grotto style shower, and plenty of well-lighted counter space.
The views from the living room and 2 of the bedrooms were overlooking the seaside pool/whirlpool and the ocean. The beach there is nice to check out, but not a place to lay out or walk really - sea urchins along the shoreline, too, so you can't get in the water past your toes. With that being said, you can hear the waves lapping on the shore from the condo balconies, which is key, in my opinion.
The kitchen was so well-stocked with quality appliances, equipment, entertaining serving pieces....there was nothing we needed that we couldn't find.
We used the beach towels, beach chairs and coolers provided each day to go to different beaches - very handy.
The only "downside" to our stay at Sea Shore Allure was the rolling blackout conducted by St. John's on our last morning - the power goes out for a couple of hours. Ours happened on Sunday morning, FYI.
I would give this property my highest rating, and will stay there again when I go back to SJVI. Next time we will rent the Sea Shore Allure boat for a private outing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the modern amenities at Sea Shore Allure. Our exclusive St John Island resort features eight boutique condominiums that overlook the stunning waters of St. John, US Virgin Islands. Nestled in a quiet spot near downtown Cruz Bay, our resort's location, amenities and accommodations are second to none. Whether you spend your days lounging at our Blue Havana pool, toasting the sunset from the hot tub on our rooftop terrace or touring the island, Sea Shore Allure is an exclusive resort that lets you enjoy a quiet vacation that is still close to all of the best shopping and dining on St. John Island. Take your island vacation to the next level by reserving a vacation villa at Sea Shore Allure. Sea Shore Allure features Brazilian hardwood detailing, Travertine tiles, native stonework and stainless steel appliances. Whether you start your morning with coffee on the private balcony overlooking the bay or unwind from a day of sightseeing by watching a movie on the state-of-the-art home theater system with a Blueray player and iPod docking station, you'll live the good life at Sea Shore Allure. While most of our vacation villas feature a private spa, all of our specialty suites have a full gourmet kitchen complete with microwave, stove/oven, refrigerator and a full set of cookware and dinnerware, and other comforts and conveniences that will make you feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com so you can book your Sea Shore Allure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Shore Allure Condominiums Hotel Cruz Bay
- Sea Shore Allure St. John/Cruz Bay