We stayed at the Sea Shore Allure in Cruz Bay starting May 10 and checked-out on May 13, 2012. Prior to staying at the Sea Shore Allure, we had stayed at the Marriott Frenchman’s Reef in St. Thomas from May 6, checking out on May 10. If you are planning to stay in St. Thomas, please see our review of the Marriott Frenchman’s Reef.
This was our second trip to St. Thomas and Cruz Bay in St. John, and our first stay at the Sea Shore Allure. There were five of us on this trip, my wife and I, and two adult children (30+) and one of their spouse’s.
During the reservation process, I spoke with Wendell over the telephone at Sea Shore Allure several times and he was very, very helpful.
We were met at the ferry doc by Delrise (pronounced Del-reese) and she took us to the Sea Shore Allure. We were overwhelmed when we arrived.
We met Wendell when we arrived, and a little later we met Delbert, one of the owners. I am not sure if Delrise is one of the owners, but all three people were extremely helpful and wonderful to talk with.
Without question, the Sea Shore Allure is one of the most beautiful places we have ever stayed. It is in its second year of operation. It is a small place with one, two and three bedroom units. No expense has been spared in building this wonderful place. Photographs do not reflect the beauty of this facility. It has a small private pool, with an outdoor entertainment area, with a long table, chairs, flat screen satellite TV, Sirius satellite radio, surround sound around the pool, etc. This place is absolutely wonderful.
We had a two bedroom unit. The floors are tile along with beautiful hardwood. The showers in both bathrooms have four adjustable overhead rain shower heads along with a single wall shower head. You can set the water flow on these any way you want. The master bath also has a very large Jacuzzi tub. The furnishings are top quality, with a flat screen satellite TV, satellite Sirius radio, and stereo with surround sound. The surround sound was planned as part of the building as all speakers are built into the walls. This entire place was extremely well planned. The cabinets are top quality, with a dark wood finish.
Everything in these units has been well thought out. There is a washer and dryer, full size refrigerator with ice maker and filtered water, stove, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryers, etc. Everything amenity has been provided. Pots, pans, dishes, silverware, utensils, glasses, cups, etc., and everything is top quality.
Each room also has its own private balcony with and eating table and chairs. A hot tub is located on a central area of the third floor. An “occupied” sign is available for use before entering the area to ensure your privacy.
The stone work inside the bathrooms, as well as outside the building, incorporates the use of sea shells and conch shells. I have never seen this before and it is very beautiful and creative. Our daughter is into art, and she was totally impressed. I think you will be completely overwhelmed when you see this facility. While we were there, there were several people planning for their stay and also a wedding to take place at Sea Shore Allure. This was their first visit, and they were totally blown away. I could here them oohing and awing the entire time they were there during their planning session.
As with most places in Cruz Bay, there is really not a beach for swimming. You really need to travel to Hawksnest Bay, Trunk Bay, Cinnamon Bay, etc., to swim and snorkel. Sea Shore Allure is about a 10 minute walk from the ferry dock and the beach front restaurants and bars. There is no room to park down near the beach at night, so walking, or calling a taxi are the two choices. The walk is not bad at all.
We rented a car from Varlack Auto Rental through Sea Shore Allure. Going through Sea Shore Allure will get you a 10% discount from Varlack. We used the car to drive to all the various beaches, go snorkeling, and also to drive over to Coral Bay. If you drive to Coral Bay, take route 10 across the island. About halfway there you will find a few stores in one of the sharp turns on the road. A place called TuTu Much is located there, so this will help you identify the location. It is one of the very few places that has stores on Route 10 once you get outside of Cruz Bay. Park your car and get out and walk about 40 yards up the road. This is a fantastic view of Coral Bay from one of the highest points on the island. You can take a hundred pictures, but none of them will capture the beauty as seeing it with your own eyes. From this viewpoint you can also see many of the British Virgin Islands.
I would recommend three places to eat in Cruz Bay: The Beach Bar, The Banana Deck, and also Sam & Jack’s Deli:
The Beach Bar is great for happy hour and watching the sun set. We ate there twice last year and once on this stay. The food is good, and not expensive. It is cooked right there in their little kitchen. We thoroughly enjoyed sitting at the bar and watching the sun set. If you are into sunsets and want to sip on a Painkiller or other drink, the Beach Bar is hard to beat.
The Banana Deck is right across the street from the Beach Bar and up a few flights of stone stairs. The view of the sunset is not as good, but the food is excellent and more expensive. Their steak is fabulous, and the sea food is also excellent. We had happy hour at the Beach Bar, then went across the street and ate at the Banana Deck. The food was so good we just had to go back the next night and eat there again.
Sam & Jack’s Deli is a great place to eat, as well as a place to buy pre-prepared food to bring back to your room. If you are on vacation, and don’t want to cook, and don’t want to eat at a restaurant, Sam & Jack’s Deli is the place to get your food. It is a little more expensive than going to the grocery store, but the food can’t be beat. This deli has excellent food for both take-out and also for eating there. The selection is great, and everything we had to eat was excellent. The help is very friendly, and with the vast selection they offer, it is hard to make-up your mind as to what you may want to get.
And now, back to Sea Shore Allure. Trust me, you cannot go wrong by staying at the Sea Shore Allure. We are ready for our next trip back there.
As it was for us last year, the worse part of the trip will be your departing experience at the St. Thomas airport. Allow two hours. We flew American Airlines. The AA counter is a perfect example of total confusion and chaos. Although there is a Priority access lane for gold, etc., members, it is in name only and doesn’t really exist. And the AA reps behind the counter seem to have attitudes. Be patient. It wasn’t bad going through customs, but going through the TSA baggage process and security is very inefficient. Just plan for a long and confusing process, and you will be okay. There is no reason to get upset, because getting upset won’t make things move any faster. Everyone is working on “island time”, so just chill out and remember the wonderful times you had during your visit.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Shore Allure Condominiums Hotel Cruz Bay
- Sea Shore Allure Condominiums Hotel
- Sea Shore Allure Condominiums St. John/Cruz Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the modern amenities at Sea Shore Allure. Our exclusive St John Island resort features eight boutique condominiums that overlook the stunning waters of St. John, US Virgin Islands. Nestled in a quiet spot near downtown Cruz Bay, our resort's location, amenities and accommodations are second to none. Whether you spend your days lounging at our Blue Havana pool, toasting the sunset from the hot tub on our rooftop terrace or touring the island, Sea Shore Allure is an exclusive resort that lets you enjoy a quiet vacation that is still close to all of the best shopping and dining on St. John Island. Take your island vacation to the next level by reserving a vacation villa at Sea Shore Allure. Sea Shore Allure features Brazilian hardwood detailing, Travertine tiles, native stonework and stainless steel appliances. Whether you start your morning with coffee on the private balcony overlooking the bay or unwind from a day of sightseeing by watching a movie on the state-of-the-art home theater system with a Blueray player and iPod docking station, you'll live the good life at Sea Shore Allure. While most of our vacation villas feature a private spa, all of our specialty suites have a full gourmet kitchen complete with microwave, stove/oven, refrigerator and a full set of cookware and dinnerware, and other comforts and conveniences that will make you feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with EasyToBook and Travelocity so you can book your Sea Shore Allure Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.