“Off the beaten path!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 42 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night
“Off the beaten path!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Fantastic find right off the ferry, NW beer(Rogue). 14 beers on tap, beats Tap Room hands down. Thank you for the Dead Guy ale.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Best Sports Bar on the Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We went to Castaway's tonight to catch the Ravens vs. Browns game. The Raven's disappointed, but Castaway's did not. It is the only place on the island with NFL Sunday Ticket, so that in itself should be enough to get you there if you're looking to catch an NFL game, especially if it isn't the prime game. We were greeted at the door by the owner who showed us to the best place to view our game. Our waitress was very friendly and did a great job taking care of us, even though she was also kept busy bartending. There aren't too many tables; there are a couple long tables and two or three high tables upstairs and about the same amount downstairs. For us at least, however, most people chose to stand by the bar so seating wasn't a problem. The food is typical bar food, nothing that blows your mind but definitely good enough to munch on while you catch the game. The fried mac and cheese balls are really good, they're filling enough to probably split between two people. I highly recommend you try them. They have done a great job of changing the old image of the restaurant from a party scene to a more family friendly sports bar; my 11 year old sister was there with no problems. Only downside is somewhat limited menu and no kid's menu, but the owner told us he is working to expand the kitchen and then the menu, so this should change soon. All the meals are around $10-12 a person.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, TX
“Not the place for us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We are senior citizens and came for Happy Hour and were not impressed. They only had one long table with regular size chairs on the first floor and the rest of the seating was bar stool type on both floors. since I am short and have knee problems, we sat at the table. We ordered beers and an order of wings. The wings were 50% more than advertised on the internet. They also were not that good. The waitress was busy waiting on people at the bar, so I had to go to the bar to pay the bill. I gave it three stars rather than two because I think that it may be a good place for younger people later in the evening, but it was not a good fit for us. We would not go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York, NY
“Amazing Island Sports Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We came to St. John during the World Series, and we're worried about where we were going to watch the games. I was praying for a Red Sox bar, and we were lucky to find one. Castaway's was excellent. $3 coors light, awesome happy hour specials, and great finger foods. I recommend the chicken tacos.

The ambiance is what you would imagine in an island bar - colorful, laid back music, very friendly staff. We met Dan, the owner, and he was super nice and thanked us for stopping in. The bar tender that night actually had floor duties as well for the entire upstairs, and did a fantastic job making her rounds and tending bar. I was impressed by her memory for people's drink orders, and she was very friendly and lively. I will reiterate: great staff!

Locals, snowbirds, and tourists frequent this spot, and everyone has a great time and seems to mesh well together. They have karaoke downstairs on Tuesday and Wednesday - I'm not much for karaoke, but if that's your thing, this bar has it. There are two floors, and I recommend the upstairs. It's open and airy and has a bunch of TVs if you need to catch a game.

I'm glad we came upon this place, and I can't wait to go back. Really a great bar, and one that I would be a regular at if I lived here.

Visited October 2013
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Being a Red Sox fan on the day of the biggest game of the year (so far) I was happy about being in Paradise but nervous about where I was going to watch the game. Well, Castaways was recommended and it did not disappoint. The food was very tasty and the service was polite and friendly. The atmosphere was fantastic and the crowd was very welcoming. If I was at home in Boston my bar tab would have been double what it was, the cherry on top of the sundae. We'll be going back again and again.

• Visited October 2013