“Good food, great view” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food, great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We ate at High Tide twice due to the yummy fish tacos, cabrese salad, refreshing drinks, and the fabulous deck area facing Cruz Bay. I can't describe how relaxing it was to go here after snorkeling or hanging out at one of the many St. John beaches.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Rochester, New York
“Amazing service, great drinks!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

One of the first places you will see when you arrive on the ferry on St. John. is this perfect ocean side pub. I sat down and said that I knew rum was the way to go but had no idea what to order. The bartender, Amy, said she knew exactly what to make. I want to say it was called a Pain Killer. Delicious with a capital "D"! I sipped it while watching the sun set. She went on to make me another classic and then suggested a "Presidente" beer from the Dominican Republic. Throughout the remainder of my stay, I found myself coming back here to enjoy the view, the drinks and the music. Definitely wound up being my favorite spot on the island for casual, comfortable atmosphere and AMAZING service.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Shoreham, NY
“So good, we ate here twice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We came here twice on our week on St. John. Our kids loved it and the prices were reasonable, which was a major factor in deciding to eat here twice ... but, the view is amazing, the food was good and the drinks were great. The service both times was great. The 1st time, we had a waitress who was great; made sure we always had drinks and checked up on us throughout the meal. The 2nd time we ate here, we had a nice waiter; he was accomodating and made sure the kids had refills. Wish I knew his name, though we saw him later on in town that night. Just a great guy.
The kids liked the typical kids menu. I enjoyed their quesadilla with a delicious salsa. They have nightly drinks specials for happy hour - $4 rum punch (delicious!) and $2 Banks beer.
The restaurant is open air, and right on the beach and next door to ferry.
We will be back next summer!

Visited July 2012
Houston, Texas
“Great service, Fantastic atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stopped by Hide Tide after a day of hiking and snorkeling on St John as we waited for the ferry. Kent was very attentive and really engaged us in conversation and ended up providing many recommendations on things to do and see during our remaining trip. The rum punch he recommended was fantastic! Needless to say we missed the next two ferries and wound up making High Tide our final destination each day prior to returning to St Thomas for the evening.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Leburn, Kentucky
“Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I stopped by in time to watch the sunset. The food was good, service and location were excellent.

Visited July 2012