“Satisfies a comfort food craving” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 47 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: It is really a small shack type place but has the most amazing bbq i have had in the carribean. please contact me with any Q's.
New York City, New York
“Satisfies a comfort food craving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Based on a recommendation from someone who lives on the island, I used Candi to cater a Welcome Party Dinner for my weddings guests. I was having a low-key pool party at the condos where we were staying, and thought it would be a great opportunity to have local food. It was perfect! I believe I ordered a tray of almost every item on her menu. The bbq ribs, bbq shrimp (that was a special order) and jerk chicken were so delicious! So were all the sides, except the mac and cheese was a little weird. It was good, but not as creamy and cheesy as I'm used to. Didn't matter, though, bc everything else was wonderful and the total cost of the dinner was a tiny drop in the bucket. I would definitely recommend her food for CATERING or a quick comfort food fix/take out. Her location is a bit offputting, as I realized a couple of days later when I went to thank her in person for preparing all that delicious food. She works out of a food trailer next to a car repair place or junk yard... I don't know, but not very appetizing. That's the only reason I'm knocking off a star... the location was a bit scary for someone with an appetite.

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Decent, but not what you are thinking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

For BBQ lovers out there this will disappoint. While the food has a nice flavor, the texture is somewhat off for real BBQ. The ribs were not tender like you would expect, more like they were thrown right on the grill and cooked quickly. The sides are very very good and the price is right.

I think people like this place cause it is off the beaten track and makes you feel like you are eating somewhere only locals go. Will I eat here again? Probably not, but it was by no means terrible.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
lansing mi
“best bbq and prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

got to stop here for great food for a great price. take it to go or eat at the few tables. can be hard to find because of the one-ways. just around the corner from starfish.LOVE THIS PLACE!

Visited January 2012
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I sought out Candi's Barbecue based on reviews that I had read on Trip Advisor. After a day of sailing out of Cruz Bay, we finally found Candi's for a take-out dinner. My husband got the ribs and I got the chicken. The sides were excellent, espeically, my pasta salad. The food is excellent and a great price for the amount of food you receive. Excellent Barbecue sauce and you won't be sorry you took the time to find Candi's.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“The Ribs and cole slaw - A big thumbs up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Your first impression might be deceiving. Candi's shares a driveway with a auto-parts yard, but that's got nothing to do with the quality of the food. The ribs are great, covered with a sauce that's a bit sweeter than her rival, Uncle Joe's. The meat falls off the bone, and is cooked beautifully.

The side I had, the cole slaw, was wonderful.

You get a great bang for your buck - a lot of food for not a lot of moolah.

There are a few picnic tables where you can sit, but most of the business appears to be take-out. It's a little off the beaten path from "downtown" Cruz Bay, but go search it out. You won't be sorry.

• Visited January 2012