How many times have we stayed at GBTS? Five times, we think. And there's no looking back--we return, year after year. Nancy and John (and their little dog Winnie), Mickie and Frank -- they make us feel special and welcomed.
GBTS is a small 3-room inn just on the outskirts of Cruz Bay. We get a jeep so we can visit the far beaches, but it's a very easy walk into town at night to go to the restaurants. It's painted in vibrant colors, and has wrap-around deck, wind chimes, hummingbird and bananaquit feeders, overlooking a salt pond, and the ocean and St Thomas beyond.
The day starts with coffee on the deck. Between 8-9 am, breakfast is served on the deck--will it be Pina Colada french toast? Eggs benedict? Blueberry pancakes? Frittata? Always juices and home-made smoothies. Chatting with our hosts and the other guests, we plan our day--what lovely beach shall we visit? Where shall we dine?
We normally stay in the Terrace View room--it has it's own little porch. Inside, the vibrant colors continue, along with the bamboo four-poster bed. Love the bathroom with its cobalt blue tiles.
There are robes, plenty of towels, a CD player. All of the comforts of home. I can't wait until next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Garden by the Sea B&B is the quintessential Caribbean home: bright, colorful walls; local art and paintings; gingerbread trim; lush gardens with coconut and banana trees; & nesting birds, iguanas, and peacocks. We are located in the heart of Estate Contant and Enighed – a funky little neighborhood within walking distance of Cruz Bay and 1 ½ blocks from Frank Bay Beach. Your hosts have lived on St. John for over 12 years and are very familiar with the island and the national park and are very willing to help plan your daily activities. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Garden By The Sea Hotel Cruz Bay
- Garden By The Sea Bed And Breakfast
- Garden By The Sea B&B St. John/Cruz Bay