Thr resort is NOT an hotel (it is self catering) but you can get food, etc. items from a nice little shop on site. We had a lower floor apartment with balcony about 10 feet above ground level overlooking the harbour (it was shady and didn't get direct sun); lots of activites to watch. The resort is excellent and so close to Cruz Bay that you can walk to the restaurants. The resort will collect you from the ferry from St Thomas if you don't bring a car.
No beach, as such, but access for snorkling, etc. with well looked after gardens, sun terraces and a small pool. Units overlooking the sea (rather than the harbour) get full sun and a great view towards St Thomas. Our apartment was very nice and well looked after / attended every day.
Worth having a car to get around the island but, be warned, the hills are very steep and traction with a two wheel drive in the wet can be 'interesting'. Also interesting is driving left hand drive cars on the LEFT side of the road.
Gallows Point is probably the best place to stay on St John - it is lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a 5 acre peninsula in Cruz Bay. Our spacious 1 & 2 story units have fully equipped kitchens with dining area, King size bed, Satellite TV, Central A/C. in room wireless internet, full living room and private balconies all with ocean views. The resort offers full maid service, pool with hot tub, concierge service and a small gourmet grocery. Eat at our fine dining restaurant or take a 5 minute stroll to town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Gallows Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallows Point Hotel Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Resort St. John/Cruz Bay