The Gallows Point resort overlooks the Caribbean and presents breathtaking, inspiring scenery. Our condo was on a lower floor, but we still had an unobstructed view--from the kitchen, the living room, and the outdoor balcony. Other pluses were the friendliness, courtesy, and efficiency of the staff, and uncompromising cleanliness, inside and out.
The kitchen was well designed and stocked, with pretty, matched china and glassware, a good selection of flatware, and a complete supply of cooking implements, bowels, pots, and pans. The cooktop and refrigerator are seemingly new, and our unit had a dishwasher. which perhaps they all do. Each unit has a radio-disk player combination, and two television sets, one of which has a video disk player. The furniture is comfortable and apparently recently acquired. There is splendid and enormous stall shower, plenty of hot water and quality toiletries.
The Gallows Point has no beach, but it is possible to enter the water from a ladder and swim or snorkel and never leave the property. Good beaches are nearby, perhaps a little too far to reach on foot, but accessible by the collective open-air taxis that ride about St. John. The resort's swimming pool and whirlpool are nice indeed.
A decided advantage is Gallows Point's close proximity of the restaurant district, about a five-minute walk down a hill. One food market is just up another hill, and a cab ride from the restaurants or the market is only about $5. Everything on the island is expensive, except rum, so a trip to the supermarket will run about double what you might pay for the same items at home. It is worth remembering that the full-time residents pay these prices year-round. Such considerations and the extraordinary cost of electricity which powers Gallows Point's highly dependable air-conditioning system help drive up the rates, but if you want a nice place to stay, Gallows Point is it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a 5 acre peninsula in Cruz Bay. Our spacious 1 & 2 story units have fully equipped kitchens with dining area, King size bed, Satellite TV, Central A/C. in room wireless internet, full living room and private balconies all with ocean views. The resort offers full maid service, pool with hot tub, concierge service and a small gourmet grocery. Eat at our fine dining restaurant or take a 5 minute stroll to town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gallows Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallows Point Hotel Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Resort St. John/Cruz Bay