“Friendly and clean Budget Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #4 of 7 Cruz Bay B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Friendly and clean Budget Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Phil and Mary Kay received us like we were long time friends and make our 3 days stay very enjoyable, Restaurant and shopping withing walking distance,the market is 2 blocks away, also was great to have a new barbeque to cook our dinners, my friends had a suite with a kitchennet, the pool small but very clean it was nice to have a "tropical" area to relax.
Thank you both for helping me personally to enjoy two fantastic days of sailing. I had a great time and I will recomend St John Inn and I will be back.
Distance from Ferry 10 minutes walk, taxis can take you for $5.00 dollars.

Room Tip: My room toward the supermarket was very noise, they have a plant that runs a generator all day and...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Lake Ridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

When we arrived at the St. John Inn. Our caretaker Phil said to leave our bags at the door, and he took them to our room:) I thought that was very nice of him to do that so we didn't have to carry them up the stairs. When we checked in they had Rum punch waiting for us. It was so yummy! We automatically felt welcomed by Mary Kay and Phil. The Inn is very clean, colorful and comfortable. The Inn is very tropical looking, our pictures turned out beautiful, and it definitely made our stay in St. John even better. Also, it is within walking distance to restaurants and shopping. It was the perfect Mother daughter getaway, and I can't wait to return with my husband in the future. I would definitely stay at the St. John Inn again! I miss it already. Thank you Mary Kay and Phil for a wonderful experience, and accommodations. Give Killer a kiss for me!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

What a fabulous hotel. Phil, Mary Kay and Lisa (Killer too) were the nicest folks anywhere. Hotel was very clean. It was a perfect trip! Staff went to any legnths to make our stay pleasurable. We'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

If you are looking for 'low prices' in St. John, but also need the AC and swimming pool, this is the place to be. The location was ideal for our purposes, in the heart of Cruz Bay. Car Rentals or Taxis are readily available for the trips to the beaches. The rooms may be cramped but the helpful and friendly hotel personnel make up for it. This little place is like a maze with different levels, all brightly colored and edged by green vines, giving you the tropical feel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the St. John Inn. A delightful small inn. The rooms are all decorated in carribean colors and lots of flowers all around the grounds. It is very clean. Mary Kay and Phil, the managers, are very friendly and helpful. Alice, the cat, kept us company on our balcony. The pool is very small but still nice for just relaxing. We used the grill to bar-b-que one night. We are seniors (72 and 80), so it was a little more than I could walk to town. Actually, we walked to town, downhill, but took the taxi back. But you can take a taxi anywhere on the island and the the rates are fixed. The beaches are beautiful and you won't want to leave. You are on "island time" so relax and enjoy.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite with kitchenette, so it was larger than a standard room.
Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Hello,
My boyfriend and I stayed at the St. John Inn just two nights, 6/23-6/24. We would love to have stayed longer. The hotel staff were great! Bill and MaryJo were so helpful. They made us feel very welcomed. They talked with us about St John and their experiences. They gave us tips and helpful opinions of places to go and things to do. They told us about all the ideas they have to improve the grounds also, they all sound great.
The room was very clean. It is an older hotel, but the character adds to the experience. The outside was beautiful. I wish our backyard could look like that!
Breakfast was basic, but free and filled us up....can't beat that! My boyfriend enjoyed the rum punch at happy hour. We had nice conversations with the staff and the other guests.
My only negative point would be the shower. I couldn't get it hot enough and there wasn't much pressure to it. However, after hiking and being in the sun, the heat of the water wasn't that big of a deal.
They are very environmentaly conscience, which I found to be nice.
The location was far enough to be quiet, but close enough to town to walk there in about 10 minutes. There are car rental locations next door, which made renting a Jepp super easy.

We would recommend this Inn to anyone visiting St John. We can't say enough about the staff, they made our stay so pleasant. Go Bucs!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Norton, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My stay at the St. John Inn was perfect. The inn is beautiful, very colorful and features dozens of different kinds of potted plants and flowers around the pool and porch areas. Equally important is its location, which is within walking distance of Cruz Bay and all the main attractions. But the most important and impressive aspect of the inn was its staff. The hotel manager could not have been more accomadating, helpful, friendly or personable. She made me and my friends feel instantly comfortable. She also had great advice as to where to go and what to do - exactly what you would want in the manager of a hotel. And, to top it all off, you won't have to break the bank to stay there! What a find! I would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bay.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to St. John Inn? Share your experiences!