“Great food, cool atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 40 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean, Contemporary
Description: Virgin Fire Bar & Grill serves contemporary caribbean cuisine in a comfortable and beautiful dining room.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Great food, cool atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014 NEW

Great food, great service and a cool atmosphere. Excellent selection of the Caribbean favorites, easy to get to, with parking out front

Visited June 2014

Hockessin, Delaware
“Great new restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2014

Unfortunately we went to Virgin Fire on the last night it was open for the season. Therefore there were several menu items which were unavailable. The seared ahi and cajun jambalaya were both very good. The highlight for me was the Kiss of the Jumbie Margarita! If you like hot/spicy this drink is for you! The habenero tequilla was sooo hot...I absolutely LOVED it!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Union, NJ
“Excellent food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We ate there twice because we liked it so much the first time. Great food - highly recommend the ribs, pork chops and flourless chocolate cake. Service was excellent too One of the best restaurants in St. John!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St Thomas, VI
“Fun, Interactive Dining!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

The Himalayan salt block grilling was something I had read about in the trendy food articles about Stateside restaurants. Very excited to see it locally at Virgin Fire. Something new to try!

It exceeded my expectations. I was able to cook my proteins as I liked them, anddthe shrimp, beef, and tuna were all moist and delicately seasoned. Everything was also very tender - nothing was tough.

The sauces could have been a little better though, so they lost a star because of the sauces. The mango chili was the best, imo. It didn't over power the proteins. I thought the ponzu sauce was too salty and the horseradish tartar sauce for the beef. I would have preferred a regular horseradish or low salt mustard sauce. Or a bbq sauce?

I also would like to see the sides a la carte on the menu. I asked Mike the bartender about the sides and he had me at potatoes au gratin. I like to order several small tastes instead of one meal, so having more a la carte items lets me design my own meal.

Will definitely go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Michael B, Owner at Virgin Fire Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thanks Ms--

For the very positive review. They're very helpful to us, especially when a critique, such as yours, is so specific as to help the mgmt really understand how to make your experience better.

We're all about giving our guests a variety of tastes and size plates on the menu, to encourage sharing and to accommodate every appetite. We will be updating our menu for next season, and add all of our side dish choices, as you suggest. Ironically, we had already decided to rework the sauces on the Himalayan Salt Block, so you help us reinforce what we were thinking.

So, thanks! We hope to see you again soon!

Michael, VF Proprietor
Alexandria, Virginia
“Love the Off Season”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Tried to visit a few times during the season and there was always a wait. Managed to eat there in August for my wife's birthday and it was worth the wait. Service was outstanding as was the dinner and dessert. Beautiful setting in what i would have to call one of the "coolest" malls i have seen at Mongoose Junction. This restaurant belongs on everyones list to visit when coming to St John.
We sat on the balcony and people watched to our hearts content.