Just got back from celebrating a milestone anniversary in the first week of January on St. John.
We stayed at the Westin in a poolside room for 4 nights.
Overall our stay was enjoyable.
Our room was basic. Nothing flashy, mostly clean. This was fine since we were not spending much time in the room.
Staff was nice, but not over the top friendly.
The grounds at the Westin are truly beautiful. The renovation work did not bother us at all. Sunsets on the Westin beach were an unexpected treat, as was yoga that was offered on the beach.
-Ferry service from the Airport was a luxury we really enjoyed. Especially the complimentary rum punch getting off the boat.
-Live steel drum music at the pool during happy hour. Only once though on the trip.
(Why wasnt he there every night?)
-Jeep rental on property
-Snorkle and beach chair rental on property
-Concierge was very helpful is setting us up with dinner reservations.
-Starbucks coffee in market
I left feeling...the Westin was very nice....but it could be great. The resort is missing a few details that would really improve guest's experience.
-The resort is in desperate need of some kind of lobby bar. In the evening, there really isnt a nice place to wind down and gather for a drink. The bar at the restaurant was dead at night as was closing up by 10pm each night.
-Music at the pool. In my opinion, people come to St John for an "caribean island" feel.
The Westin for some reason is pumping South beach style club music through its speakers at the pool.
-Appetizer menu at the pool bar was terrible.
-Pool bar staff were not overly friendly. Needed younger and more energetic bartenders.
Overall I would recommend the Westin.
Keep in mind St John is an island you want to explore and not spend your entire day at the resort. The Island has the finest beaches in the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 1,200 feet of private beach The Westin Resort St. John, USVI is a tropical retreat that's easy to reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Westin St. John Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Hotel Cruz Bay
- Westin St. John Resort And Villas
- Westin Cruz Bay
- Cruz Bay Westin
- St John Westin
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Cruz Bay