I stayed at the westin in st john for 1 night originally booking on expedia. When we arrived the lobby seemed nice and the people working there were very nice, we thought it would be nice. When we got to our room it was very dated and smelled like mildew. We called the front desk and they said we could cancel our reservation and were very understanding. The front desk manager told us that we could check out the villas on the other side of the property that are timeshares. They quoted us a rate of roughly double what the original room was but it was worth it so we stayed there and that was definitely four star and much nicer. They said after that the building they put us in originally was set to be demolished in a few months.
So to sum up the villas are 4 star and if you are going to stay here any time after a few months from now the hotel will probably be updated and beautiful. The people that work there are extremely nice and helpful. My only problem was when we switched to the other room they quoted me a rate of 349 and didn't tell me that there was also a $40 resort charge, this really aggravated me
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 1,200 feet of private beach The Westin Resort St. John, USVI is a tropical retreat that's easy to reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin St. John Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin St. John Resort And Villas
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Hotel Cruz Bay
- Westin Cruz Bay
- Cruz Bay Westin
- St John Westin
- The Westin St. John Resort Cruz Bay