After reading all of the reviews on TripAdvisor, I was very concern about the Westin St John. I expressed by concern when checking in at the Westin desk in the airport. I had complied a list of the rooms and section that I wanted to stay in. The representative on duty at the airport was Rehema Jackson,she was a true professional. For every objection that I gave her from the room to their boat service she reassured me that I would be satisfied with the service. My stay required me to stay in a studio 4 nights, then move to a 2 bedrooms unit for the next 7 days. My room was upgraded to the two bedroom for my entire stay. She informed me that when possible they try to accommodate the guests so that they don't have to change rooms. My first Wow ! , Next i was concern about the Westin Ferry, some reviewers complained about the boat not being available.
She handed me a schedule of operations which clearly stated the hours of departures and returns.
Unlimited trips during the hours of operation made the flat fee worth it for my husband and I .
I had to admit that every effort was being made to satisfy us as new guests. My husband asked for recommendations for local cuisine. She gave him three restaurants that was sure to have his favorite dish. We thanked Rehema and left the airport for our trip to the Westin.
Upon arrival in our room, we were pleasantly surprise with my husband's favorite dish waiting for us, along with a nice note. We immediately called the front desk asking for the employee at the airport because she was the only one we had a conversation with about local cuisine. The staff was very excited that they had surprised us. The representative informed us that their supervisor called and arranged everything. Great team work . Wow factor # 2 !..
Later that evening I met a family that checked in at the same time with us at the airport. I told her about my WOW! Experience, and she told me that her son had received a birthday gift and card in his room as well. WOW #3
The Westin is definitely trying to improve their service standards,every employee that I have encountered have been most helpful. I'm truly happy with my stay here, and encourage others to give them the opportunity to WOW them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 1,200 feet of private beach The Westin Resort St. John, USVI is a tropical retreat that's easy to reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin St. John Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin St. John Resort And Villas
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Hotel Cruz Bay
- Westin Cruz Bay
- Cruz Bay Westin
- St John Westin
- The Westin St. John Resort Cruz Bay