St. John is a unique place and something to see. Lots of protected park lands and famous, gorgeous bays and beaches. There is virtually no commercial development around - just some shops and restaurants in town. You see in this review category that there are very few places to stay on the island. This is the best.
What doesn't come out clearly in the multiple reviews below is an explanation that there are two separate parts to this resort: hotel rooms on the flat area surrounding a huge pool and bordering a beautiful bay - plus "villas" in three separate areas of the property which are part of Starwood's timeshare program. They contain nice kitchen/dining room/living room facilities. Either you book a regular hotel room, own a timeshare on the property, or trade in through the timeshare system.
Wherever you stay, you'll enjoy the experience.
We were a group of 6 friends staying in a three-bedroom villa for a week. The grounds are extensive, beautiful, and well kept. Various buildings are going through updating, and we were thrilled to have all brand new appliances in our place. We were able to cook in a few times and enjoy our privacy. Only one negative of the whole trip: the carpeting throughout our villa needs to be replaced.
The staff was very accommodating and always eager to help. We had no problem getting shuttle service with their golf carts.
On-site car rental firm O'Connor was convenient. We rented for one day and used the handy taxi service the rest of the time to go into town.
The market a few steps away was handy; Starfish Market just over the hill was more complete.
If you have a group, we highly recommend using the on-site boat rental company Nauti Nymph and hire your own powerboat. You see a lot more, and it is on your own time. Or take the regular catamaran trip to do some snorkeling and get over to the British Virgin Islands (take your passport).
You'll want to go back - we do!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 1,200 feet of private beach The Westin Resort St. John, USVI is a tropical retreat that's easy to reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Media 8, Inc., Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Westin St. John Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Hotel Cruz Bay
- Westin St. John Resort And Villas
- Westin Cruz Bay
- Cruz Bay Westin
- St John Westin
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Cruz Bay