My husband and I were a little concerned after reading some of the reviews at this site. However, we also took some of the negative reviews with a grain of salt because some people have unrealistic expectations and will complain no matter what. We took a direct flight in from Philadelphia which was really convenient. One wish we had was that Usair offered regular direct flights during the week to give us some more options on the length of stay away. We decided to take the westin ferry( although a bit pricer than public ferry, it was very convenient and worth the hassle of knowing we were "checked in" and didn't have to worry about taxis on both sides of the port. We were greeted with a rum drink on the dock and felt welcome to the resort. Our room was located in building 11 which is right near the pool and not too far from the beach. Our room was clean and updated and we were happy with the location. I wish they had screen doors out to the patio area to be able to enjoy the breeze in from outside but most people would probably not care for that.
There are plenty of places to grab a drink or something to eat within the resort. Prices are expensive but they are in line with other resorts so expect to spend a lot on meals and drinks. There is a supermarket near the resort so you can stock up on drinks and snacks to save a little bit of money. We bought some water, beer, chips etc. We ate all our meals on the resort except for one night when we ate at the spyglass cafe. It was a beautiful view with a nice casual atmosphere and yummy food. We wandered around the area after dinner to check out shops and bars. There are some fun places to grab drinks. There are plenty of westin taxis driving around so it was nice to know we could head back to resort when we wanted. Back at the resort we had a nice meal at Cruz bay prime. It was nice and intimate with nice selections on the menu and wine list.
Every staff member at the resort was friendly and nice. We enjoyed the variety of things to do during the day from floating on the rafts, swimming in the pool or hot tub and paddle boarding. My husband and I were taking this trip as a long weekend getaway however we commented to one another how nice a resort this was for everyone. There were a variety of people of all ages here. We had no problem getting seats by the pool and beach every day and felt we were able to have some privacy when we wanted it. We would definitely recommend this resort to another couple of family. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 1,200 feet of private beach The Westin Resort St. John, USVI is a tropical retreat that's easy to reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Westin St. John Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin St. John Resort And Villas
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Hotel Cruz Bay
- Westin Cruz Bay
- Cruz Bay Westin
- St John Westin
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Cruz Bay