We vacationed here for New Years of 2012. St. Johns has always been one of our favorites and we were excited to take our children back to experience Islands. We rented a two bedroom condo at the Weston. The hotel grounds were beautiful. Our condo was recently renovated with access to a private pool and BBQ area. It was clean,the kitchen well stocked, and worked great for a family of 5. Rooms had a washer, dryer, dishwasher and pull out sofa.
The house keeping was fine. We spent very little time in our villa and were gone early and out for the entire day. Towels were refreshed and sheets changed at our request, although no site of a vaccum used and floors not cleaned form the previous days sand.
The beach was beautiful and the facilities were nice. The staff at the beach/water front facility was lacking in service. You had to get there early or no seats were available-many reserved by empty towels and a book. The staff at the beach did nothing to help with finding chairs or cleaning up unused towels. Basically, they sat behind the hut and watched hotel guests lift chairs from an unused pile and drag them across the beach, two at a time. The best part about the beach was the use of the floating island obstacle course. My children/teens spent hours on it while we enjoyed our quiet time on the beach. We enjoyed our lunches at the beach club and the service was fast and great with the kids.
We rented a large Jeep. It was almost as much money for a family of 5 to take the Weston fairy both ways from St. Thomas. Parking was no issue at the hotel or in town. We felt safe navigating the roads of St. John. There is also a large grocery store in St. Thomas by the car ferry so we "stocked up" before heading to the island. Prices were much cheaper.
I would recommend the resort condos for a family. Although, some say it is not Westin quality, we had a great time and will go back again. Just remember to stock up on bug spray before hitting the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 1,200 feet of private beach The Westin Resort St. John, USVI is a tropical retreat that's easy to reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Otel, Starwood, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Westin St. John Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Hotel Cruz Bay
- Westin St. John Resort And Villas
- Westin Cruz Bay
- Cruz Bay Westin
- St John Westin
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Cruz Bay