By all means I think the Westin St. John is a lovely place and honestly there probably aren't many equal to it on the islands... So for that I do feel bad not having been as "in love" with it as I felt I should have been.
For one I felt that the place is tired. Our bathroom had a weird sewage smell, the appliances were dated and there were some rust stains under the faucets. I get that the area is always humid and there is just so much they can do to get rid of smells and mildew, but we paid a lot per night and I wanted some luxury.
The property didn't feel cohesive to me; the buildings were not designed well (no way to get upstairs to our friends room without having to go out into a torrential downpour to get to the stairs); restaurants were expensive for what they were serving... I just didn't see the value. The pool is exciting for kids but again, dated. I found the cocktails to be sickly sweet.
Staff were mediocre.
I can't say I would like to go back, because honestly I will not return, but it's not because the place is "bad" it's just not what I would like to experience again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 1,200 feet of private beach The Westin Resort St. John, USVI is a tropical retreat that's easy to reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Media 8, Inc., Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Westin St. John Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Hotel Cruz Bay
- Westin St. John Resort And Villas
- Westin Cruz Bay
- Cruz Bay Westin
- St John Westin
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Cruz Bay