My parents and my brother and his wife joined my wife and me for a week at the Westin on stunning St John. It may have been the best vacation any of us have ever been on.
The Westin property is beautiful. We were in a 3-bedroom villa. We had a walled-in patio which included our own private pool and hot tub.
It was very spacious. The grounds were meticulously clean. There were a few roving cats which, as cat-lovers, was a plus for us. Lots of iguanas walking freely. Kind of neat.
I'm going to list a few negatives but don't be scared away. We will most likely return to the Westin.
1. Golf carts cruising everywhere. No one ever told us what our "rights" were. The villa was quite a walk from the beach and main pool and restaurants so a ride, when we got one, was nice. Do you tip those guys? Do you call for a ride? Don't know.
2. The beach was not great. It wasn't dirty or anything but when you go to a beachfront resort, the expectation is that you use the beach. A couple of us swam a little but very ho-hum. Plan on driving to better beaches.
3. TIME SHARE! This was by far the biggest negative. Upon arrival I asked the consierge about a restaurant or something and he broke into the biggest welcoming ceremony. I called my family over because it seemed like this guy was going to be our personal best friend for a week. After a few minutes of suggestions about great beaches, etc, he came with the pitch for a timeshare. You get all this blah blah free stuff if you sit through a 90-minute sales pitch. Well we didnt want a timeshare or the 90 minute arm-twisting. And we never used the consierge again. We were the people who had declined. Bad people. We sort of hung our heads when we walked by. Def not the highlight of our trip but the good outweighed the bad by enough that we all had a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 1,200 feet of private beach The Westin Resort St. John, USVI is a tropical retreat that's easy to reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Westin St. John Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Hotel Cruz Bay
- Westin St. John Resort And Villas
- Westin Cruz Bay
- Cruz Bay Westin
- St John Westin
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Cruz Bay