“Our Cool Fancy Lunch in Cruz Bay” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 40 restaurants in Cruz Bay
New York City, New York
“Our Cool Fancy Lunch in Cruz Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I only opted for one upscale meal during our recent mid-winter getaway to the U.S.V.I., and it was a lunch at the Waterfront Bistro in Cruz Bay, St. John. it's a very pretty room, open to the bay. We sat at an elevated bar table inches away from the bay's white sand beach and shimmering, luminous waters. The bartender took our order. His service was spot-on for this laid-back setting. Oregon pinot gris, perfect fried calamari, nifty crab crepes with lobster butter, best-ever duck sliders sauced with tamarind, and a 15 year old Zacapa rum in a snifter. A view of people blissing out on the beach. What could be better?

• Visited January 2013

85% Recommend
Boston, Massachusetts
“Food Excellent. Service Poor!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

If I based the review purely in food, 4 stars. But there are plenty of restaurants in Cruz Bay with 4 star food, and better attitude. Bartenders both pretentious, aloof snots. Waited 15 mins before the bartender could be bothered to grace us with a glance. Seriously? I worked as a server in a resort town when I was in my 20's, and I understand it gets old. But trust me friend, I have worked hard for every cent of my hard-earned vacation money, and I don't bat an eye spending $200+ on a good meal... So when some snotty bartender can't be bothered to greet me, or clear my plate when I'm finished I have very little patience. There are better choices in Cruz Bay for excellent gourmet food, sans attitude. Spend your money at Fatty Crab, or La Plancha instead. Too bad because I normally tip 30-40% on vacation for exceptional service. Not here!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minnesota
“wonderful meal and view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had the pork belly appetizer (out of this world), the yellowfin tuna and the duck (both fabulous). We enjoyed this little place so much. I will definately return on my next St. John visit. Worth the price. They were very accomodating as we just walked in without a reservation. This was in January 2012. It must have been good since I can still remember the details!!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bozeman, Montana
“Beautiful restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is one of the best places on St John to have a very nice dinner. Right on the water, very good chef, great drinks and perfect atmosphere. They do a fabulous job all around.

• Visited January 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Perfect for Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Fish tacos are delicious. Can't beat the painkillers. Beautiful view. This is our favorite place for lunch.

Visited January 2013