“Food Excellent. Service Poor!” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 40 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Boston, Massachusetts
“Food Excellent. Service Poor!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

If I based the review purely in food, 4 stars. But there are plenty of restaurants in Cruz Bay with 4 star food, and better attitude. Bartenders both pretentious, aloof snots. Waited 15 mins before the bartender could be bothered to grace us with a glance. Seriously? I worked as a server in a resort town when I was in my 20's, and I understand it gets old. But trust me friend, I have worked hard for every cent of my hard-earned vacation money, and I don't bat an eye spending $200+ on a good meal... So when some snotty bartender can't be bothered to greet me, or clear my plate when I'm finished I have very little patience. There are better choices in Cruz Bay for excellent gourmet food, sans attitude. Spend your money at Fatty Crab, or La Plancha instead. Too bad because I normally tip 30-40% on vacation for exceptional service. Not here!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Minnesota
“wonderful meal and view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had the pork belly appetizer (out of this world), the yellowfin tuna and the duck (both fabulous). We enjoyed this little place so much. I will definately return on my next St. John visit. Worth the price. They were very accomodating as we just walked in without a reservation. This was in January 2012. It must have been good since I can still remember the details!!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bozeman, Montana
“Beautiful restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is one of the best places on St John to have a very nice dinner. Right on the water, very good chef, great drinks and perfect atmosphere. They do a fabulous job all around.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Perfect for Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Fish tacos are delicious. Can't beat the painkillers. Beautiful view. This is our favorite place for lunch.

Visited January 2013
“Best meal of our visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Nice waterfront table to watch the sunset. Service was attentive but not imposing. Great wines on the wine list. But the real attraction here is the food--absolutely top notch. For firsts, wife had the French Onion soup-made to order, amazingly flavorful and rich broth. I had the crab, poblano, and ricotta crepes. Perfectly balanced-I could taste each of the elements but none overwhelmed the other, and the creole itself was light and eggy.we both had the mixed green salad-fresh greens, nicely dressed. Wife had the duck-breast was perfectly done with a blueberry Madeira sauce that put it over the top. The Confit was juicy and tender-a pleasure to eat. I had the pan seared scallops which we perfect-crispy on the outside but tender and moist on the inside. And the shrimp-coconut risotto was great-savory, not sweet. We closed with the painkiller cheesecake-a small, perfectly sized serving of rich, rum, coconut, pineapple, orange cheese cake.

It as a bit pricey, but in this case you really get what you pay for. Love this place and will definitely go back if/when we make it back to St John.