“Just what we were looking for!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Louisville, KY
“Just what we were looking for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Jan. 24, 2013

We decided to head to St. John's for a nice lunch and a little break from St. Thomas. We headed out around 10:30 thinking wer would have a nice lunch near where the boat docks.
A friend suggested the Waterfront Bistro so that is where we ended let me asure you it was delicious. We started with dirnks and calamari ad also truffled fries..all cooked perfectly. Our guests got fresh tuna tacos an the birsto burger and enjoyed both tremendously. My wife got the Tuna Nicoise which she enjoyed and I got the duck sliders and they were some of the best I have ever had. The drinks and the service was prompt and easy. We wanted the famous ice cream for deseret but the manager siad you can only get the ice cream at dinner. Strange but we adhered to what the told us and felt we had a wonderful experience at this little heaven on the water. It is a one minute walk from the dock.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Lynchburg, Virginia
“St John food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The location is wonderful, the drinks are excellent, the food was so so. I had Duck, the appetizers were not so great and the lobster bisque was a little fishy tasting. Our service was not good, the place was not busy, they get you started but only at a very Island pace and it took a long time to get out and on with our night. Would not return to this one, too pricey for so so food and not impressed with the service!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Menu constantly changes, and always satisfies. Service is good and the food always fresh and creative

Visited February 2012
Powder Springs, Georgia
“Great brunch on Sunday.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had brunch on a Sunday morning and it was great. They have tasty omelets and eggs benedict. You can wash those down with mimosa's and bloody mary's.

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Best meal I had in St. John”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were going to go to High Tide next door, but it was crowded with a lot of drunk, loud people drinking brightly colored sugar & rum cocktails, loud TV screen & bit trashy. So we walked over to Waterfront Bistro. Probably the best food I've had on St. John, had no expectations, just walked in. We sat at a high table by the bar over looking Cruz Bay, no other waterside seats were available, it was fine, the bar wasn't noisy. Small menu and St. John prices, the waiter was pleasant and everything on the menu was his favorite so I suspected the food wouldn't be very good. I ordered the duck my partner the Tuna. To my surprise the duck was excellent, I could have been in Manhattan. I'll return on my next trip!

• 5 of 5 stars Food