“Don't miss this one!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, Coffee Shop, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Sun Dog Cafe is a great casual dining option, and home to the Gecko Gazebo, our open air bar overlooking the gracious center courtyard of Mongoose Junction. A New York Times Travel and Leisure Pick for St. John, we serve lunch daily, dinner on weekdays, and brunch on Sunday in season. Don't Miss the Sunday Night Jam, from 7-10 pm weekly, a great musical event with local and visiting talent. Welcome!
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Don't miss this one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Have been coming to the island for close to 30 years......this is a must......food is fabulous and love the outdoor seating........great menu for a small place....

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

North Carolina
“Cute place, tasty food, & stayed dry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our family of 3 chose to eat at the Sun Dog Cafe because we wanted to shop a bit at Mongoose Junction and didn't want to spend money on a second cab ride. It's very small and outdoors, with a line of tables with umbrellas and a row of small tables (seating 1-3 people) around a corner. As the larger tables were all taken, the bartender suggested we take one of the smaller tables around the side. We waited a bit for service, but our waitress was friendly once she found us. We had the jerk quesadilla, burrito, and chicken tacos. They were all delicious with fresh ingredients. The frozen drink, Lime in the Coconut, was good, too. It started raining pretty hard halfway through the meal. Our waitress told us these smaller tables were the only completely dry seats in the place. Only downside...no Virgin Islands Summer Ale...our favorite beer in the VI. Otherwise, highly recommend!

Visited June 2013
Canton, Michigan, United States
“Great Food, Drinks and MUSIC!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My Husband and I visited the Sun Dog Cafe on our Honeymoon for Wednesday Night Open Mic Night. Honestly it was one of my favorite experiences of the whole vacation!!! The service was great! I had the Ahi Tuna, my favorite meal, and it was excellent. But the best part was the local talent!!! Everyone who participated was amazing!!! Lauren Jones, the host, had such a beautiful voice, I cant wait for her to be famous so I can go see her again! Truly an awesome experience I will remember for the rest of my life.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious food and excellent beachy drinks.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This place is a great stop-in-for-lunch place. A word of caution: you won't just be stopping in. Because the coconut pina colada is delicious. The food was tasty. I had an ahi tuna dish that was perfectly seared and well-accouterment-ed. But really, the drinks will keep you coming back! The staff was friendly, attentive, but not over bearing. A good crowd to be around, as well (other customers).

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Missouri
“Will go again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had the fresh grilled tuna salad. My husband had the chicken roti. Both were delicious. Service was great and the atmosphere is casual since it is situated in an outdoor mall.

Visited June 2013